The Student Room Group

Do most muslims truly save themselves until marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Lmao and how exactly do you propose that when I'm not going to reveal my identity in this thread

don't you have another account you can use to pm me
Original post by Saba XD
Yeah, shows why you used it right after my comment :mmm: Good one though. Not! :lol:

Nothing you said in that post has challenged the fact that you neither own nor invented that word :lol:
You said the "barbarians are among us" not the "there are some barbarians among our Muslim population".

Also you didn't think anything bad of the other guy proposing to bomb/annihilate Muslim countries to oblivion. You didn't even question it. You only pointed out a problem in the idea - there were 6 millions in France so they would survive the bombing.

I said you called them "animals or barbarians" because I couldn't remember which of the two. As it turns out, it was the latter. To me, there is no difference, I'm glad your post got removed. Stop trying to act all upset because you called them barbarians and not animals.

Try to make your excuses now. In future, try to word your posts carefully or your real views might get exposed again to the public :h:

Apparently I can't rep you because I already have. Hmmm...which Muslim user have I repped recently?
don't you have another account you can use to pm me

Erm your on anonymous on this thread so I don't know who your account is!
Original post by Habina786xx
I can't calm down. My blood boils when someone disrespects my religion infront of me and calls it medival ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It isnt?
Nothing you said in that post has challenged the fact that you neither own nor invented that word :lol:

How can you be so sure? :wink:
Original post by Saba XD
How can you be so sure? :wink:

The word salty would have existed for hundreds and hundreds of years, long before you were born :wink:
The word salty would have existed for hundreds and hundreds of years, long before you were born :wink:

Well, any sane person would be able to tell that I was referring to the way I used it. Salty as in triggered. :tongue:
Original post by Saba XD
Well, any sane person would be able to tell that I was referring to the way I used it. Salty as in triggered. :tongue:

And any sane person knows that you neither invented it nor own it :tongue:
And any sane person knows that you neither invented it nor own it :tongue:

On the contrary but okay.
Exactly! Preach it, they're just salty that Islmoc culture is so bigoted towards women and that they've been taught to deprecate themselves lol

I dunno, I'm an ex muslim myself and once upon a time I shared those same views - save myself until marriage, keep things halal etc. so I understand where they're coming from... Like I chose to leave the religion as I realised there were many things (this topic included) that I wasn't happy with and didn't agree with, so I no longer felt I could call myself a muslim. That was 4 years ago but I'm still a virgin now anyway, but for other, non-religious reasons ie I'm not particularly saving myself for marriage.

If these ladies want to wait until marriage before they live with a man and have sex, then so be it. I just think it's too risky.
Original post by Saba XD
On the contrary but okay.

No, not on the contrary.
No, not on the contrary.

Yes, on the contrary. :wink:
Original post by Saba XD
Yes, on the contrary. :wink:

No, not on the contrary :wink:
No, not on the contrary :wink:

Yes! :tongue:
Original post by Saba XD
Yes! :tongue:

Nope
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Not necessarily. If I am going to marry someone I will ask about their sex life. When you get a boyfriend don't you ask about their sex life and other things they've done in the past? You have every right to ask that and it's not to "bring up trouble" it's knowing what your partner has been involved in and if I am a virgin my personal preference would be to be with someone pure as well - not that, that would actually break the relationship off or anything but if my partner didn't tell me the whole time we were married that he wasn't a virgin I would kind of feel a bit disappointed and slightly betrayed that he didn't tell me this.

I totally agree.
I think people forget that STIs also exists. Not to sound brutal but it's better to be safe than avoid "digging up from the past". Many people catch STIs not just through vaginal sex but oral too. As someone who is waiting, I'd rather my husband be completely honest with me. The marriage I seek for is openness. I won't judge him for it as it was the past but it doesn't mean we can't freely address the past. This would tell me also that he needs to go and get checked before we get married. If anything is there, we'd work on it together. I'd get checked too though I waited. Health is extremely important.
It's something partners feel uncomfortable about but I can't understand why.
People can go on years engaging in sexual activity without realising they've caught a STI since some STIs do not immediately show their symptoms. It can sometimes take years before it becomes evident. So I agree. Being open about your past, for safety reasons too it's extremely important.

I also don't plan on using any condoms when I'm married, unless it is absolutely necessary.
(edited 7 years ago)
I dunno, I'm an ex muslim myself and once upon a time I shared those same views - save myself until marriage, keep things halal etc. so I understand where they're coming from... Like I chose to leave the religion as I realised there were many things (this topic included) that I wasn't happy with and didn't agree with, so I no longer felt I could call myself a muslim. That was 4 years ago but I'm still a virgin now anyway, but for other, non-religious reasons ie I'm not particularly saving myself for marriage.

If these ladies want to wait until marriage before they live with a man and have sex, then so be it. I just think it's too risky.

Out of curiosity, why do you think it's too risky?
Original post by Cherry82
I totally agree.
I think people forget that STIs also exists. Not to sound brutal but it's better to be safe then avoid "digging up from the past". Many people catch STIs not just through vaginal sex but oral too. As someone who is waiting, I'd rather my husband be completely honest with me. The marriage I seek for is openness. I won't judge him for it as it was the past but it doesn't mean we can't freely address the past. This would tell me also that he needs to go and get checked before we get married. If anything is there, we'd work on it together. I'd get checked too though I waited. Health is extremely important.
It's something partners feel uncomfortable about but I can't understand why.
People can go on years engaging in sexual activity without realising they've caught a STI since some STIs do not immediately show their symptoms. It can sometimes take years before it becomes evident. So I agree. Being open about your past, for safety reasons too it's extremely important.

I also don't plan on using any condoms when I'm married, unless it is absolutely necessary.

Great attitude. More people should be aware of this. I feel the same x
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Great attitude. More people should be aware of this. I feel the same x

Thank you <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending