The Student Room Group

I have applied for my DBS check, and it has been over two months?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by QueenBee98
:smile: Ah that's good, just make sure that you are notified as to what is going on so that you don't start stressing about it!

Yes thanks, i signed up for the notification service they offer thanks. But also i can just check on the website, to see if they have actually printed it yet?
Reply 21
Original post by HEAVYDaz
I work for a local authority I know one case where it took 9 months to get the DBS sorted

Okay, without breaking confidentiality, what was the basic reason for the hold up?
Original post by john2054
Yes thanks, i signed up for the notification service they offer thanks. But also i can just check on the website, to see if they have actually printed it yet?

That was the right thing to do :smile: You need to know what is going on just as much as they do :smile: Probably, I don't actually know how it all works though, I just know little snippets :rofl: but it sounds like you are doing it right!
Reply 23
Okay, without breaking confidentiality, what was the basic reason for the hold up?

ok in brief, it was a pre employment check, it was the first Dbs the person had, it was positive ( convictions on it) The candidate changed address, didnt have any Id with the new address on so he completed the form in his old address which confused the police so they had to trawl through 30+ years of information.

To my knowledge you can not chase it until after 90 days, that was certainly the case 6 months ago when I worked on the employment clearances team
Reply 24
Original post by HEAVYDaz
ok in brief, it was a pre employment check, it was the first Dbs the person had, it was positive ( convictions on it) The candidate changed address, didnt have any Id with the new address on so he completed the form in his old address which confused the police so they had to trawl through 30+ years of information.

To my knowledge you can not chase it until after 90 days, that was certainly the case 6 months ago when I worked on the employment clearances team

Thanks for that, yes i guess there could be a problem like that with me, because i went by a different name for a short while.

However it states quite clearly that you can bump it up, when the police have been 60 days on that stage. The whole process has now taken over three months, and the option became available to 'bump' proceedings on the website now, so i'm fairly sure this is legit?!
I am doing the enhanced check, and the results are coming to me. Then i have to take it to the university, but because i have a record as long as your arm, and i have changed my name at least once, in the last twenty years, that could be the problem?

Thanks for the replys!

Id just phone them to chase it up. Even if they just tell you that theres a backlog and that its being processed or something, at least you know whats happening and it can put your mind at ease. And if theres a problem, at least you know whats going on and can hopefully do something to sort it.
Reply 26
Original post by Emma:-)
Id just phone them to chase it up. Even if they just tell you that theres a backlog and that its being processed or something, at least you know whats happening and it can put your mind at ease. And if theres a problem, at least you know whats going on and can hopefully do something to sort it.

Yes thanks Emma, i did call them about a week ago. Now that i have bumped it they have ten days to sort it. And if they don't i will call them again okay?x
Yes thanks Emma, i did call them about a week ago. Now that i have bumped it they have ten days to sort it. And if they don't i will call them again okay?x

glad its being sorted. At least you kmnow what's going on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending