The Student Room Group

Peaky Blinders or Prison Break

Hey Guys,

I've recently just finished watching White Collar on Netflix. It was so great and intense and I would recommend it to anyone.

Because I've finished watching White Collar I want to know what to watch next. I've had a look on Netflix and found two shows that look really good - Peaky Blinders and Prison Break. The only problem is: which one do I watch first?

I'd be very thankful if anyone could give me some recommendations on each show so that I have an idea on which show to watch first.

Many Thanks :smile:
Lorenzo.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JuventusFan1897
Hey Guys,

I've recently just finished watching White Collar on Netflix. It was so great and intense and I would recommend it to anyone.

Because I've finished watching White Collar I want to know what to watch next. I've had a look on Netflix and found two shows that look really good - Peaky Blinders and Prison Break. The only problem is: which one do I watch first?

I'd be very thankful if anyone could give me some recommendations on each show so that I have an idea on which show to watch first.

Lorenzo.

DEFINITELY Peaky Blinders, the quality of all the episodes are so much higher then any show I've watched, the storyline keeps you gripped every episode and the acting is amazing, so yeah 11/10 would recommend
Prison break
Original post by Legendstatusxoxo
DEFINITELY Peaky Blinders, the quality of all the episodes are so much higher then any show I've watched, the storyline keeps you gripped every episode and the acting is amazing, so yeah 11/10 would recommend

^^^
What are they? Lol
Try Dragon Ball and Breaking Bad
Prison break is way too long, i have started it but i kinda got bored.

BUT PEAKY BLINDERS OMG ITS SO GOOD LIKE SERIOUSLY plus Cillian Murphy so
Peaky blinders! I'm not sure if any of you are from Birmingham but before the start of the new series, even the Birmingham bull joined the hype!
JS88584513.jpg
I wasn't a fan of Peaky Blinders, and I watched all of Prison Break, but Peaky Blinders is a far better show and I would 100% recommend it over Prison Break
Original post by Stevensapiens
Peaky blinders! I'm not sure if any of you are from Birmingham but before the start of the new series, even the Birmingham bull joined the hype!
JS88584513.jpg

I saw this and loved it.
PRISON BREAK IS AMAZING!

I don't know much about peaky blinders but prison break is like one of my top 5 shows.
Prison break is just so clever and the characters are just so good. I would give it a 10/10. Don't listen to whatever other people are saying, once you start watching it you really get into it and you end up staying all night. and teh best thing is prison break is coming on air again in 2017.
Take a little walk to the edge of town and go across the tracks.....
Peaky Blinders is only 18 episodes so far - watch that first. Much shorter than Prison Break.
Reply 12
I've seen both and I have to say Peaky Blinders is far more superior. The acting is superb. Not only do you have Cillian Murphy but also other great actors like Tom Hardy and seeing them two on screen at the same time is mesmerizing.
Reply 13
Original post by Stevensapiens
JS88584513.jpg

Original post by bluepearl7
PRISON BREAK IS AMAZING!

I don't know much about peaky blinders but prison break is like one of my top 5 shows.
Prison break is just so clever and the characters are just so good. I would give it a 10/10. Don't listen to whatever other people are saying, once you start watching it you really get into it and you end up staying all night. and teh best thing is prison break is coming on air again in 2017.

But I think it’s just dragging tooo much, like who’s going to have to be broken out of jail now? Mj or lj?
Peaky Blinders Season 4 just concluded recently so I'll be watching that next! :smile:
It really depends on your interests as the said shows are nothing alike. They’re both awesome, with great characters but one is about a gang family in 1920s Birmingham and one is about a genius younger who hatches a plan to break his brother out of prison in 2005 Chicago. Personally I prefer prison break as it is action-packed, exciting and has some of the best characters on TV. Peaky blinders is consistent with its quality and writing but the first 2 seasons of prison break are better than any season of peaky blinders. Despite this, peaky blinders maintains its high quality from start to finish and is just as gripping. I’d suggest if u want something different with complicated plots, go for peaky. If you want an exciting show with charming characters and an unmatched first 2 seasons, go prison break. Not to mention it came out in 2005 before breaking bad and GOT so it was very much the first of its kind which I respect all the more. To conclude, watch trailers to them both and if u want something more complicated and mature go for peaky, if you want something action-heavy and easy to watch, go prison break.
Original post by bluepearl7
PRISON BREAK IS AMAZING!

Yes it is a fabulous show but season 5 let’s it down. I liked how season 4 ended despite how sad it was (that’s all I’ll say) because it felt like a proper ending to a great show. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad they did season 5 because we got to see that characters again but I feel like it didn’t end properly so they need to do another season to end the show with a bang and end the storylines well
Reply 17
Original post by jaked0255
It really depends on your interests as the said shows are nothing alike. They’re both awesome, with great characters but one is about a gang family in 1920s Birmingham and one is about a genius younger who hatches a plan to break his brother out of prison in 2005 Chicago. Personally I prefer prison break as it is action-packed, exciting and has some of the best characters on TV. Peaky blinders is consistent with its quality and writing but the first 2 seasons of prison break are better than any season of peaky blinders. Despite this, peaky blinders maintains its high quality from start to finish and is just as gripping. I’d suggest if u want something different with complicated plots, go for peaky. If you want an exciting show with charming characters and an unmatched first 2 seasons, go prison break. Not to mention it came out in 2005 before breaking bad and GOT so it was very much the first of its kind which I respect all the more. To conclude, watch trailers to them both and if u want something more complicated and mature go for peaky, if you want something action-heavy and easy to watch, go prison break.

It’s nothing related to Breaking Bad or GOT. The first two hits of the golden age are The Sopranos and The Wire.

Prison Break’s first season was really good but that style of storytelling is really dated now. You can see it in the walking dead, having to end each episode on a cliff hanger because so much of the 45 minute run time and 24 episodes is filler.
Peaky blinders
Original post by JuventusFan1897
Hey Guys,

Lorenzo.

Peaky Blinders for me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest