The Student Room Group

I don't wear bras...HELP!

This probably sounds really weird but I struggle to talk to mom about things likesex, bras, periods and all this stuff right. So when I need bras I literallydon’t know how to tell her. I feel so incredibly awkward and I end up delayingit until I just never tell her. So she randomly purchased bras for me in year 7and 8. Then I needed new ones for year 9…and I was too afraid to ask so I survived year 9,10 and 11 without a bra. I’ll be starting year 12 and I need a bra. Ido. What do I do? I don’t know how to ask. I don’t know how to buy myself oneeither. Furthermore, this is slightly off topic but I started my menstrualcycle in 2011 October. It is now August 2016 and I still have not told her. Howcan I tell her? It’s so awkward, I don’t know what to do with myself.

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

if you know your size couldnt you order some online?
Reply 2
BUMP
Reply 3
Original post by Bananapeeler
if you know your size couldnt you order some online?

Probably but I need to overcome this awkwardness and I don't know how to do it :frown:.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

Spoiler

Ah, okay, thanks for confirming
Reply 5
Original post by UWS
Ah, okay, thanks for confirming

Would you like some visual evidence?
Probably but I need to overcome this awkwardness and I don't know how to do it :frown:.

Yeah this isn't my forte, how did she just forget about your boobs for 3 years??
Reply 7
Would you like some visual evidence?

Nah, I don't want to see breasts on TSR. I already see enough online :smile:
Reply 8
Yeah this isn't my forte, how did she just forget about your boobs for 3 years??

I...I don't know! I literally go out and you can see the shape of my breasts and my nipples when its cold. It's horrendous.
I...I don't know! I literally go out and you can see the shape of my breasts and my nipples when its cold. It's horrendous.

Do you get stares?

Uh well I mean option A, you could try and ask your mom to pick you up some bras or option B, wear XL hoodies for the rest of your life
Wtf...a) you don't HAVE to tell your Mum if you started your period, and b) you're in year 11? Go shopping and buy yourself a bra ffs.*
Can't tell if this thread is a joke or not. Just go buy some on your own!
Uh well I mean option A, you could try and ask your mom to pick you up some bras or option B, wear XL hoodies for the rest of your life

Option A is preferable but option B is more realistic.
Original post by RDKGames
Can't tell if this thread is a joke or not.

I am being absolutely serious. I have issues discussing things like these with my mom.
Original post by infairverona
Wtf...a) you don't HAVE to tell your Mum if you started your period, and b) you're in year 11? Go shopping and buy yourself a bra ffs.*

How can I discover my size? In year 8 it was 34 something...
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Do you get stares?

Sometimes. Hard nipples are not too bad but the cone shape of my breasts is awful. I hate it.
I am being absolutely serious. I have issues discussing things like these with my mom.

I would gradually repossess your moms bras, avoids all of the drama

I'm not a girl so I can't exactly relate, but why do you think that you must tell her? Be a bit more independent and go buy those boob holders. It's not that hard. You go into a shop wherever they sell bras, you pick one out that suits you (I'm sure they have changing rooms for these?), you pay the pretty cashier girl the money for it, go home to your bedroom, and put it on. Repeat this process for however bras you need.
(edited 7 years ago)
How can I discover my size? In year 8 it was 34 something...

If you go into somewhere like M&S they can measure you. Or if you have a tape measure you can measure yourself at home, google it and there's a tonne of tutorials *

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending