The Student Room Group

London accent - anyone else think it sounds horrendous?

Like someone from say Liverpool has a strong accent, too. But that sounds more like a "normal" accent.

With that London accent, I just can't help but feel that it sounds like trash. Like you are from the ghetto. Ugh. It hurts my ears.

Anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

:colonhash: What do you mean?
South London Accent is different from Northern , western and eastern.
you prefer manchester accent? lul
I agree
All Savarners sound horrendous. :biggrin:
I'm from South London, I thought people die for our accent?! Lol
Reply 6
Seriously... LIVERPOOL sounds like a more 'normal' accent than London?

Have you actually heard how scousers talk??
Reply 7
lol at you thinking Scouse is a normal accent
London is a mixture of diverse people and there is no London accent, just depends on how you've been brought up, there are many broad accents in the area anyways. I say milk as miwk lol. :tongue:
I swear accents that belong to people outside of London are mostly inaudible on TV interviews and stuff LOL.
When you live in London you can't really tell what a London accent is 😅 unless they're from up north 👍
I love the cockney, East-London-ish accent, but not the rest. I bloody hate that chavvy accent people in the South talk with (I am from the South).
I hate chavy ones. Like the ones that say an annoying **** word in every sentence.
Reply 13
Original post by Allie4
Seriously... LIVERPOOL sounds like a more 'normal' accent than London?

Have you actually heard how scousers talk??

Maybe normal wasn't the wrong word. Like Bavarian in German, it's terrible to understand, but it just sounds like well that's how they talk.

What I mean is, while it's relatively easy to understand as far as accents go, it just sounds like the person talking is mentally challenged.
Reply 14
Original post by loveleest
I hate chavy ones. Like the ones that say an annoying **** word in every sentence.

Original post by oShahpo
I love the cockney, East-London-ish accent, but not the rest. I bloody hate that chavvy accent people in the South talk with (I am from the South).

Pretty much what I mean.
Dunno kind of like my accent, then again I'm not from road, nor was I cursed with a cockney accent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yorkshire accent is top notch :biggrin:
I'm from south-west London and I like my accent :h:

I'm not a big fan of northern accents though.
Original post by inhuman
Like someone from say Liverpool has a strong accent, too. But that sounds more like a "normal" accent.

With that London accent, I just can't help but feel that it sounds like trash. Like you are from the ghetto. Ugh. It hurts my ears.

Anyone else?

Are you having a laugh?
Reply 19
Original post by upperechelon
Are you having a laugh?

You are the reason I thought of this. I saw your baiting out a sket video and some others and remember what I hated about London.

Quick Reply

Latest