The Student Room Group

Studying at the Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences in Germany

Hello,

Currently, I am considering doing a second degree in tuition free Germany. I am interested in doing a degree in the STEM field. As I am fluent in English and Arabic, I am considering the Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences, which I may apply for in time for winter 2017, as they do English-taught engineering courses. However, I realise this University is not very credible in terms of its rankings and does not even appear on international league tables.

I would like students already at this University to tell me about their experiences, in terms of the credibility of the University, the quality of the way courses are taught and run, and advantages or disadvantages to the University.

Is a qualification from this university not thought highly of? Are most students international? And what has your overall experience been like?

Alternatively, if any of you are aware of credible tuition free Universities that offer English taught programmes, then can you please leave their titles below.

Thank you
I have not heard of this University to be honest.
Have you considered RWTH in Aachen?
That's the town I come from and the University is highly regarded in Germany as well as internationally.
A friend of mine is studying engineering there.
Reply 2
Original post by ThinkAndGrowRich
I have not heard of this University to be honest.
Have you considered RWTH in Aachen?
That's the town I come from and the University is highly regarded in Germany as well as internationally.
A friend of mine is studying engineering there.

No, I have not. Do you know what the entry requirements are like for STEM subjects?

I hold a degree in BSc Adult Nursing.

I also have attained grade A in Philosophy, B in Psychology and B in A Level History.
I am also considering this as the costs are cheap and I have been to Bavaria and thought it was lovely there. But I would expect to do stem in the main one, I can't remember it's name, as it seems cheap and it would allow me to improve my German while I'm there.
Reply 4
Original post by Anfanny
I am also considering this as the costs are cheap and I have been to Bavaria and thought it was lovely there. But I would expect to do stem in the main one, I can't remember it's name, as it seems cheap and it would allow me to improve my German while I'm there.

Are you considering Rhine-Waal?
Original post by theike
Are you considering Rhine-Waal?

Don't think so, I will have a look.
It's the one in hiedelberg I am considering.
Original post by theike
No, I have not. Do you know what the entry requirements are like for STEM subjects?

I hold a degree in BSc Adult Nursing.

I also have attained grade A in Philosophy, B in Psychology and B in A Level History.

Sorry for failing to reply to your comment, OP.
I am not sure about this, this is what I found on their website.

"In order to study at RWTH Aachen in a Bachelor course of study, applicants from countries outside the European Union and EEA need to have an average grade of 2.5 in the German marking system. In the German marking system 1 is the best grade and 4 the minimum passing grade. 5 and 6 mean that a person failed the respective course. 2.5 is the exact middle between 1 and 4. In order to determine if your grade is sufficient you take the best grade and the minimum passing grade and find out the middle. If your grade is in the middle or better than you qualifiy for studying at RWTH Aachen.
Example: 100 is the best possible grade, 60 the minimum passing grade. If your grade is 80 or above you qualify for studying at RWTH Aachen."

If you have further questions don't be afraid to ask!

Quick Reply

Latest