The Student Room Group

When did you submit your UCAS application...

Poll

A2 students when did you submit your uni applications?

This one is really simple. I wonder how many of you A2 students submitted your UCAS applications at specific time intervals before the generic university deadline! :biggrin: Lastly I would like to know the unis, subjects you applied for and when you got your offers from the unis this year.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
This one is really simple. I wonder how many of you A2 students submitted your UCAS applications at specific time intervals before the generic university deadline! :biggrin: Lastly I would like to know the unis, subjects you applied for and when you got your offers from the unis this year.

Early October, I can't remember a specific date. I got 4/5 offers (I got rejected post-interview from Oxford) and applied for a range of courses at Birmingham, Liverpool, Oxford and UCL (twice).

Posted from TSR Mobile
I sent my UCAS off early October and applied to Cambridge (Natural Sciences), Edinburgh (Chemistry), Heriot-Watt (Chemistry with Biochemistry) and QUB (Chemistry, Biochemistry). I was rejected post-interview at Cambridge but received all other offers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
Early October, I can't remember a specific date. I got 4/5 offers (I got rejected post-interview from Oxford) and applied for a range of courses at Birmingham, Liverpool, Oxford and UCL (twice).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh thanks that timing is perfect (could you add your answer to the poll). Well done for getting offers from all your choices. In general when did you get the majority of your offers this year? Lastly what "broad" subject did you apply for (isn't your PS ment to cater for specific courses within your subject e.g A Maths PS could cater for Actuary Science, Accounting , Finance etc)
Original post by coboyle098
I sent my UCAS off early October and applied to Cambridge (Natural Sciences), Edinburgh (Chemistry), Heriot-Watt (Chemistry with Biochemistry) and QUB (Chemistry, Biochemistry). I was rejected post-interview at Cambridge but received all other offers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is your Firm and Insurance choice
What is your Firm and Insurance choice

Firm is Edinburgh (AAA) and insurance is QUB (BBB)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Very early November for Scoiology at LSE, Essex, Exeter, Surrey and Brighton. Got all 5 offers. I got my LSE offer something like 10 days after they started considering my application properly, so probably around the 15th November. Essex was first, just 5 days after I sent it and Surrey was last on the 11th January, the day after my birthday!
Oh thanks that timing is perfect (could you add your answer to the poll). Well done for getting offers from all your choices. In general when did you get the majority of your offers this year? Lastly what "broad" subject did you apply for (isn't your PS ment to cater for specific courses within your subject e.g A Maths PS could cater for Actuary Science, Accounting , Finance etc)

I applied to the following courses:

Birmingham - Ancient History
Liverpool - Egyptology
Oxford - Egyptology
UCL - Egyptian Archaeology, Egyptology and Ancient History

My Personal Statement was mostly tailored towards Egyptology.

I got Liverpool after a few days, I think Birmingham was a week or so, and UCL after about a month?
Firm is Edinburgh (AAA) and insurance is QUB (BBB)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow Edinburgh (Good Luck!!). Don't know much about Scotland but if had to apply there for a Maths course it would be a tie between that institution and St Andrews. Sorry about this but help me out with "QUB" (don't know what the abbreviation stands for) :s-smilie:
Wow Edinburgh (Good Luck!!). Don't know much about Scotland but if had to apply there for a Maths course it would be a tie between that institution and St Andrews. Sorry about this but help me out with "QUB" (don't know what the abbreviation stands for) :s-smilie:

Aw thank you! St Andrews seems brilliant too, but it's too quiet for me!
It's Queen's University Belfast :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied to the following courses:

Birmingham - Ancient History
Liverpool - Egyptology
Oxford - Egyptology
UCL - Egyptian Archaeology, Egyptology and Ancient History

My Personal Statement was mostly tailored towards Egyptology.

I got Liverpool after a few days, I think Birmingham was a week or so, and UCL after about a month?
Wow Egyptology. Never heard of it (guess you learn something new everyday). I am assuming that it is "simply" the study of Egypt. I'm guesting UCL is your Firm choice and Birmingham is your Insurance?
Aw thank you! St Andrews seems brilliant too, but it's too quiet for me!
It's Queen's University Belfast :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you... Wish i could give you a rep again on this post. :colondollar:
Reply 12

I applied around mid-late November.

I got 5/5 offers and applied for Chemistry at Liverpool (11 days after), Loughborough (8 days later), Keele (8 days later), Nottingham Trent (5 days later) and South Wales (Unconditional, 11 days later).
Original post by KBSc
I applied around mid-late November.

I got 5/5 offers and applied for Chemistry at Liverpool (11 days after), Loughborough (8 days later), Keele (8 days later), Nottingham Trent (5 days later) and South Wales (Unconditional, 11 days later).
Amazing ... those offers came in less than a fortnight. I'm guessing Loughborough is your Firm choice, Liverpool for insurance?
Reply 14
Amazing ... those offers came in less than a fortnight. I'm guessing Loughborough is your Firm choice, Liverpool for insurance?

Liverpool is my firm as it was an offer of ABB for the BSc (and its quality of research is brilliant).

Loughborough is insurance with an offer of BBB for the MChem.
Original post by KBSc
Liverpool is my firm as it was an offer of ABB for the BSc (and its quality of research is brilliant).

Loughborough is insurance with an offer of BBB for the MChem.

Liverpool is my firm as well! :five:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Liverpool is my firm as well! :five:

Posted from TSR Mobile

awesome! :smile:
Last day of September

Computer science(network computing) at Brunel got an offer

Computer science at Cardiff got an offer

Computer science at LSBU got an offer

Computer forensics at Greenwich got an offer.

1st choice Brunel got accepted at Brunel

Insurance Greenwich
Original post by niteninja1
Last day of September

Computer science(network computing) at Brunel got an offer

Computer science at Cardiff got an offer

Computer science at LSBU got an offer

Computer forensics at Greenwich got an offer.

1st choice Brunel got accepted at Brunel

Insurance Greenwich
Well done on your offers... hopefully you get into your Firm:smile: I started off AS with Computer Science as well as Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths. I had to change the course to Physics because CS required skills from "english language":angry:. Is this true? Did programming require a certain level of mathematics at all? Also what A Levels did you do examinations for?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KBSc
awesome! :smile:

What accommodation have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending