The Student Room Group

Clearing UCAS enquiry

Ive searched for my course in clearing via ucas and apparently it's in clearing but i can't find the entry requirement for the clearing applicants?

Any help
Reply 1
They're normally under the entry requirements section once you click on the uni choice. If there aren't any it could be worth contacting the university to ask or looking on their website?
Original post by smegsxo
They're normally under the entry requirements section once you click on the uni choice. If there aren't any it could be worth contacting the university to ask or looking on their website?

Cannot find it. Could you help?
http://search.ucas.com/course/summary/453403/petroleum-engineering?Vac=1&AvailableIn=Clearing&Query=Petroleum%20engineering&IsFeatherProcessed=True&ret=providers

Thats the normal requirement though.
Reply 5

entry requirements say AAB at A Level. Though in clearing it is likely to be a grade or two less than this.
Reply 6
Original post by I feel myself

It tends to say that on the website but they might accept people who get lower depending on the course numbers and the subjects they took and of course what subjects they took. They will consider you first and if not turn to clearing applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

If it's under the 2016 clearing at those grades then those are the grades they're looking for. It may lower closer to results or it may stay the same, but I presume that is their clearing requirements (my clearing uni has the same requirements as the normal application)
You might have to wait until the 18th as some unis don't release those grades until results day. But as others have said, the entry requirements are then usually 1- 2 grades lower
Reply 9
If you look on the Manchester website it says clearing lists will be published on the 17th at 6pm so check then as they will be the grades they're looking for :smile:
Bare in mind not everywhere lowers their requirements in clearing.
Original post by smegsxo
If you look on the Manchester website it says clearing lists will be published on the 17th at 6pm so check then as they will be the grades they're looking for :smile:

Thnx

Universities don't update entry requirements on UCAS search for clearing.

Check the university website to see if they list requirements - if not call them up and ask what grades they're looking for.

Just because a course is in clearing doesn't automatically mean they will accept lower grades but it is worth enquiring if you're within 2-3 grades of the standard offer level (sometimes more if your grades are being dragged down by one less useful subject - so if you have AB in maths and physics and a D in german then calling universities about physics or engineering courses that usually as for AAA might be worth a shot).

For clearing it is sensible to have a range of universities that you will contact to get at least 3 offers (preferably more) to choose from
Hey was just wondering if anybody got into there firm or insurance if they retook A-levels in gap year, but didn't improve on their grade?So for instance I got ABB in psychology, bio and chemI retook this year because i wanted to get into London unis, I never applied last year because I really wasn't sure on what I wanted to do. So if I have retaken them and didn't improve and also therefore won't have met their entry requirements. Whats my chances -- firm=UCL (AAA) insurance=KCL?(ABB)Also how will clearing look at me if I didn't improve -_-Anyone with a similar circumstance please give bleh
Hi all!The best thing to do would be to call your uni's hotline and they'll be able to confirm the entry requirements.Good luck on Thursday! The best piece of advice we can give is to be prepared and do your research just in case. If we can help at all... our Clearing hotline is 01522 886622. We also have a live Q&A this evening here: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/linkup/

Darren :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending