The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

A2B University of Birmingham, WORD COUNT!

Hey guys,

I'm aware that the deadline for the A2B assignment is tomorrow 12.00 noon. How's everyone done on their assignment??

I am struggling with the word count, all assignments must be 2000 words, mine has gone over by 60. Can anyone tell me if that is acceptable, will my my overall mark be affected??

Why if I was to over by 10/ 15 words, it's really hard to stick to a word count, especially when the footnotes are included in the 2000 word limit.(my academic tutor specified this)

Thank you

Any feedback would be appreciated
60 words are really not that hard to axe but I doubt it'll affect your mark really. Writing to a word limit is an important academic skill though so I suggest you take it seriously.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Did you include the word count with your title and references, because those arent normally counted, but if your tutor has said otherwise then listen to them. Also, the word count is +/- 200 so unless yours is 2,201+ you dont really need to worry.
Original post by Studybuddy5721
Hey guys,

I'm aware that the deadline for the A2B assignment is tomorrow 12.00 noon. How's everyone done on their assignment??

I am struggling with the word count, all assignments must be 2000 words, mine has gone over by 60. Can anyone tell me if that is acceptable, will my my overall mark be affected??

Why if I was to over by 10/ 15 words, it's really hard to stick to a word count, especially when the footnotes are included in the 2000 word limit.(my academic tutor specified this)

Thank you

Any feedback would be appreciated

dont listen to them! it specifies in the A2B booklet not to go over or under as they will just cut it off- it wont even be marked! Just add lots of contractions.
thanks everyone for your advice!! I managed to cut it down to 2000 words so it was fine and no I didn't include the title,header and footer etc, I only included the essay into the word count
thanks everyone for your advice!! I managed to cut it down to 2000 words so it was fine and no I didn't include the title,header and footer etc, I only included the essay into the word count

Congrats! I know how hard it is to cut down an essay once it's over. Hope its good news on the 8th for you. What course & what was your question?
Original post by retardis
Congrats! I know how hard it is to cut down an essay once it's over. Hope its good news on the 8th for you. What course & what was your question?

Hi,
Thank youu.My chosen course is law and the question was "Should cannabis be legalised in the UK?"

What about you??
Hi,
Thank youu.My chosen course is law and the question was "Should cannabis be legalised in the UK?"

What about you??

Ooh sounds good, I did apply for accounting and finance and its my insurance even though the entry requirements are higher than my firm (don't ask) but the accounting question is; Aristotle said, if accounting did not exist, there would be a need to invent it, discuss. Thought it was an intriguing question tbh
Reply 8
good luck in tomorrow. where can you can the results in the portal tomorrow? @retardis
Original post by Guls
good luck in tomorrow. where can you can the results in the portal tomorrow? @retardis

Yeah I believe its where you check for plagiarism or when you log into the portal it's on one of the tabs,I'm not 100% because I'm not doing it but I asked my friends and thats what they said. Also you get an email to say its been updated. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending