The Student Room Group

Whos your favourite car manufacturer?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Galaxie501
Favourite car: 1970 Dodge Challenger

Favourite manufacturer..... hmmm..... Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Cadillac.

American cars (especially old ones)? I take it reliability isn't high up on the priority list...
(Just for bants, I know there are some US cars which can last, just not as many as the Europeans and Asians)
Original post by 130398
American cars (especially old ones)? I take it reliability isn't high up on the priority list...
(Just for bants, I know there are some US cars which can last, just not as many as the Europeans and Asians)

Reliability is not far up my list, no. Its not about that. Its about a lifestyle of driving an art work. Its about the idea of driving for the sake of driving, not to get from A to B.
Reply 182
Reliability is not far up my list, no. Its not about that. Its about a lifestyle of driving an art work. Its about the idea of driving for the sake of driving, not to get from A to B.

Then there's the Volvo P1800 (all variants). Combines both in my eyes, not the fastest but it will not be the fastest for way longer than any faster rival. Many cars are cool (note that I didn't say beautiful, cool is a mix of funky and pretty) and at the same time quite reliable.
Original post by 130398
Then there's the Volvo P1800 (all variants). Combines both in my eyes, not the fastest but it will not be the fastest for way longer than any faster rival. Many cars are cool (note that I didn't say beautiful, cool is a mix of funky and pretty) and at the same time quite reliable.

Indeed. I really like the 50's and 60's Opel Kapitän's as well. Even though I prefer american cars I really love the look of the 1980 Lotus Esprit and the Lamborghini Countach.
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
pls tell me where these people are, i will find them and eat them :colone:
because that is more untrue than Donald trump being capable of running america

The town I live is where these people are located I'm afraid. Hence why I wanna leave so badly!
Wait, how come I can't eat them and you can.... :colonhash:

DONALD TRUMP!!!!!
Favourite car: 1970 Dodge Challenger

Favourite manufacturer..... hmmm..... Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Cadillac.

Hmm ok then.

Very American then!
Favourite car form each manufacturer?
Original post by FireFreezer77
The town I live is where these people are located I'm afraid. Hence why I wanna leave so badly!
Wait, how come I can't eat them and you can.... :colonhash:
DONALD TRUMP!!!!!

:colonhash: i will find them
its one of the many secrets/abilities only the Cheesel has :u:
:shakecane: @ Donald Trump
(edited 7 years ago)
:colonhash: i will find then
its one of the many secrets/abilities only the Cheesel has :u:
:shakecane: @ Donald Trump

Good good!
Can I whip them?
DONALD TRUMP FTW!!!!
Good good!
Can I whip them?
DONALD TRUMP FTW!!!!

no, thats my job :whip:
w8.. u like donald trump...
no, thats my job :whip:
w8.. u like donald trump...

:colonhash: Can I set fire to them?
Of course! I like him, he likes me in return, we become friends, he invites me to his house, I shove his head in the microwave, set fire to him, and freeze him!
Simple plan to remove DONALD TRUMP from the world
Hmm ok then.

Very American then!

Hard to tell. I love the police package fords. Smae goes for the Dodge Polara police.
:colonhash: Can I set fire to them?
Of course! I like him, he likes me in return, we become friends, he invites me to his house, I shove his head in the microwave, set fire to him, and freeze him!
Simple plan to remove DONALD TRUMP from the world

no, only if u freeze afterwards :awesome:
omg that made me laugh out loud and every1 is alseep chez moi! hahaha!
Hmm ok then.

Very American then!

Hard to tell. I love the police package fords. Same goes for the Dodge Polara and Corana police.

Why the hell is this a double post?
no, only if u freeze afterwards :awesome:
omg that made me laugh out loud and every1 is alseep chez moi! hahaha!

Microwaves are the 44th easiest thing to freeze when a mans head is forcefully wedged inside.
Haha good! Damn Cheese, should've stayed quiet!

Spoiler

Hard to tell. I love the police package fords. Same goes for the Dodge Polara and Corana police.

Why the hell is this a double post?

Hmm ok then, so it seems your a fan of the police!
Do you like the Crown Victoria?
But muscle cars seem to be to your liking!

Gotta love them double posts!
Hmm ok then, so it seems your a fan of the police!
Do you like the Crown Victoria?
But muscle cars seem to be to your liking!

Gotta love them double posts!

Yeah! In fact Ive been to an oldtimer / muscle car-meet recently and the guy who owns that the Cadillac club Germany drove us home in his 1961 Cadillac! Thats so insane I couldnt even make it up. We literally talked to him for 30 minutes and he was like "yeah, I suppose I could drive you home. Its on the way". Came with the train, left in a cadillac.

There was also a Crown Vic and I asked him if he could put the light bars on. The CV he owned used to be a state police car that was sold to a US Taxi firm. It ended up being retrofitted into a Police cruiser again, and ended up in Germany.
(edited 7 years ago)
Microwaves are the 44th easiest thing to freeze when a mans head is forcefully wedged inside.
Haha good! Damn Cheese, should've stayed quiet!

Spoiler

ooooooooook :K: not creepy at all :rofl:
:erm:

Spoiler

Mmm very nice indeed!
AMG Mercs are just magnificent! And they sound gorgeoud too! :biggrin:
Im assuming the S-Class is your fav?

I guess so (my parents drive an S Class and my Dad is a bit obsessed with mercs in general so)

On the other hand, I don't like the hatchbacks (A Class etc) at all :redface:
Yeah! In fact Ive been to an oldtimer / muscle car-meet recently and the guy who owns that the Cadillac club Germany drove us home in his 1961 Cadillac! Thats so insane I couldnt even make it up. We literally talked to him for 30 minutes and he was like "yeah, I suppose I could drive you home. Its on the way". Came with the train, left in a cadillac.

There was also a Crown Vic and I asked him if he could put the light bars on. The CV he owned used to be a state police car that was sold to a US Taxi firm. It ended up being retrofitted into a Police cruiser again, and ended up in Germany.

Oooh nice one! I bet that was fun!
Oh wow that's awesome!! I bet you were constantly grinning haha! Must've been awesome!
Did you get any pictures from the day?

Nice one! The CV is amazing (in my opinion)! It's had a busy life then! Quite how it ended up in Germany though haha!

ooooooooook :K: not creepy at all :rofl:
:erm:

Spoiler

Of course it isn't!

Spoiler

Original post by cherryblossoming
I guess so (my parents drive an S Class and my Dad is a bit obsessed with mercs in general so)

On the other hand, I don't like the hatchbacks (A Class etc) at all :redface:

Wow now that's a nice car that your parents have! Very luxurious!
Well I guess it runs in the family then haha!

Hmm not even the AMG version with the wing?
I generally like simple, low priced cars manufacturers, as they are usually the only no-nonsense vehicles.

I especially dislike, all SUVies, and luxury sports cars. The first ones are fakes, while the second ones are oxymorons among things.
Sports car ought to be light, and without any electronic safety systems. Both things slow them down horribly, so replaces sports with splurging.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending