The Student Room Group

Study help for GCSE's

what are your favourite study tips and tricks that helped you accomplish your best GCSE grades and (only if you want to state) what results did they help you achieve.
I hear listening to the teacher during class it's a fairly efficient way of studying!
Original post by 34908seikj
I hear listening to the teacher during class it's a fairly efficient way of studying!

Lol I really wanna see who's behind this account

Ur always making funny comments

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doings loads of maths question's got me an A when I was predicted a B and was in a low ability class.

Least to say I went on to do Maths + Further Maths as two of my A-Levels.
Reply 4
Original post by RDKGames
Doings loads of maths question's got me an A when I was predicted a B and was in a low ability class.

Least to say I went on to do Maths + Further Maths as two of my A-Levels.

Thanks great advice !
Reply 5
Original post by 34908seikj

:smile: Lmao
Reply 6
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
I self-studied a lot of my GCSEs so I was always a fairly good month ahead of everyone else in my classes. I used (like a lot of people) CGP revision guides and past papers. That's really it.

Helped me achieve 9A* 2A

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow thats amazing grades thanks for the advice ! :smile:
PAST PAPERS, even if you think you haven't revised enough, they repeat themselves SO MUCH that you can basically revise using them and mark schemes (this is good because you first have to think of the answer yourself so you get an idea of how much you know, and it makes you use your brain! Which is exactly what you'll have to do in the exam hall!) if you feel you have a large gap in our knowledge then you have a better idea of what you need to make notes on too!

In terms of actual reading though I used to make mind maps and find interesting ways of remembering information like pneumonics, and repeating things in my head, searching things that seemed interesting :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Uni12345678
PAST PAPERS, even if you think you haven't revised enough, they repeat themselves SO MUCH that you can basically revise using them and mark schemes (this is good because you first have to think of the answer yourself so you get an idea of how much you know, and it makes you use your brain! Which is exactly what you'll have to do in the exam hall!) if you feel you have a large gap in our knowledge then you have a better idea of what you need to make notes on too!

In terms of actual reading though I used to make mind maps and find interesting ways of remembering information like pneumonics, and repeating things in my head, searching things that seemed interesting :smile:

great advice thanks. have you already did all gcse's.
Original post by lucy101010
great advice thanks. have you already did all gcse's.

Yeah I did them last year, all a stars :wink:
Reply 10
Original post by Uni12345678
Yeah I did them last year, all a stars :wink:

OMG thats amazing :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest