The Student Room Group

Favourite world leader?

Scroll to see replies

Can I chose Hitler?
Not because I support the holocaust or agree with segregation. But because he took a country from the brink of death after world war one and actually managed to be a force to be reckoned with.

He actually did what he believed in, instead of just saying he wanted to do something. He didn't have to lie about what he was doing to his country and was a really good commander managing to fight on multiple fronts with his economy collapsing.

Instead of all these people now a days who say they want to do something then change what they were doing out just building walls to break away from people, at least Hitler dealt with people he didn't like.

You may think something I've said is harsh and again I don't support him at all. But who wins the war writes history so if things were different your opinion of a man you read about in your books instead of being there might be one you get killed for.

And no ill never support him. But I support most of the leaders ruling the government everywhere now less.

I'm saying this as a factual answer not as an answer saying I want him in power now.
Original post by ATW1
Why Merkel?

If I was ranking them:

1. Putin
2. Xi
3. May
4. Merkel
5. Obama

[video="youtube;ATwvXrZp_QE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATwvXrZp_QE[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYamn-THkNc
Original post by TelAviv

Something is wrong with the muscles in that horse...
Reply 43
Original post by MrSplash
You not Putin....
Care to explain?
Original post by ATW1
Care to explain?

I think the fact that you have a picture of Nigel Farage on your profile and are in TSR UKIP and the Donald Trump fan club makes it fairly safe to assume that you are far right.
Original post by ATW1
Why Merkel?

If I was ranking them:

1. Putin
2. Xi
3. May
4. Merkel
5. Obama

I'd try a guy Fawkes if merkel was in charge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by Sapphire321
I think the fact that you have a picture of Nigel Farage on your profile and are in TSR UKIP and the Donald Trump fan club makes it fairly safe to assume that you are far right.
Interesting. That would mean that a significant proportion of the UK population and, judging by the latest polls, the MAJORITY of the US population is far-right. Any more groups of people you would like to add to this already very large 'far-right' category of yours? How about just anybody who disagrees with you?
Reply 48
Original post by ATW1
Interesting. That would mean that a significant proportion of the UK population and, judging by the latest polls, the MAJORITY of the US population is far-right. Any more groups of people you would like to add to this already very large 'far-right' category of yours? How about just anybody who disagrees with you?

Trump is far right though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ATW1

Firstly, just because people voted Leave in the EU Referendum doesn't mean they support Nigel Farage or UKIP. Secondly, if that isn't far right then I'd like to know what is. UKIP is the most right-wing mainstream political party in the UK. To get more right-wing than that you would have to be a member of the BNP, Britain First or a far-right extremist group.

People in America will have different reasons for choosing who to vote for so, especially with all the controversy around Hillary Clinton, people who vote for Donald Trump will not necessarily have to be far-right. I don't know how you can seriously suggest that Donald Trump himself and his definite supporters aren't far-right though.

I don't think that anybody who disagrees with me is far-right; I just think that anybody who clearly is far-right is far-right.
Reply 50
Original post by Sapphire321
Firstly, just because people voted Leave in the EU Referendum doesn't mean they support Nigel Farage or UKIP. Secondly, if that isn't far right then I'd like to know what is. UKIP is the most right-wing mainstream political party in the UK. To get more right-wing than that you would have to be a member of the BNP, Britain First or a far-right extremist group.

People in America will have different reasons for choosing who to vote for so, especially with all the controversy around Hillary Clinton, people who vote for Donald Trump will not necessarily have to be far-right. I don't know how you can seriously suggest that Donald Trump himself and his definite supporters aren't far-right though.

I don't think that anybody who disagrees with me is far-right; I just think that anybody who clearly is far-right is far-right.

When I said a significant proportion of the UK population, I meant the 4 million plus who voted for UKIP at the last election, not the result of the referendum. You cite my support of UKIP and Donald Trump as the reason why you think I'm far-right. Far-right politics centers around fascism, ultra-nationalism, and in many cases racism. I do not identify with any of those. The clear favourite to succeed Nigel Farage as UKIP leader is mixed race. Donald Trump has a significant amount of support from ethnic minorities, in particular the black community, in America. Are they all far-right?

I think you need to be very careful about extending the term 'far-right' to include people with much more moderate views. The emphasis in 'far-right' is on the word FAR (the most extreme end of the spectrum). The political parties you cited, the BNP and Britain First, are genuinely far-right in their beliefs. Donald Trump says a lot of things that I don't agree with, but I respect him for having the guts to say those things. The same goes for Nigel Farage. I admire them but do not entirely approve of them politically. I think you are incredibly foolish to form an opinion of my political beliefs based on a few aspects of my profile on a discussion forum.
(edited 7 years ago)
Barack Obama
Reply 52
Sarcasm?
Kim Jong Un, obviously. He's so handsome and brave.
Putin.

By the way, why do some of the choices have titles and others not?
The amount of votes for putin sums up this forum tbh... lost the plot. since when was this place taken over by far right nutters.

Since we realise that he is a true leader who is not a cuck.
Original post by The_Opinion
Since we realise that he is a true leader who is not a cuck.

Because he is obviously not corrupt and obviously does not fuel propaganda in the russian media and surprese independant media outlets who are critical of him.
Because he is obviously not corrupt and obviously does not fuel propaganda in the russian media and surprese independant media outlets who are critical of him.

Corruption and cuckness are not related.

I would rather a leader be strong and corrupt than a non-corrupt cuck.
Must be a troll. Bye

Says the person with the new account, as your old account was banned.
I would much prefer living in a more free society like we have in the UK than the authorutarian society of russia..... Thats just my prefrence i guess.

https://youtu.be/rWBs2yEBDY0

Quick Reply

Latest