The Student Room Group

Constipated for a week.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sibby313
Oh no!

Mines just got bad this last week.
It never has ever been like this.

What do you advice me to do? I'm 16.

I'm trying to eat fibre and eat less rubbish then I have during constipation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally just drink lots of water, lemon juice twice a day and have baked beans with meals like if you're having fish and chips, add beans to them. Also try to do a moderate amount of exercise as this will help open your bowels up.
Reply 21
If you haven't had any bowel movement in over a week, I would advise you see your GP ASAP. You don't want to develop an obstruction/become impacted as it is dangerous as well as very painful!

In the mean time I would recommend you continue the senna every night until you have a normal bowel movement. Try and increase your fluid intake as drinking lots will help to soften things up. As others have suggested prunes are a good idea if you can tolerate them!

Hope you feel better soon! :smile:
Oh no!

Mines just got bad this last week.
It never has ever been like this.

What do you advice me to do? I'm 16.

I'm trying to eat fibre and eat less rubbish then I have during constipation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally just drink lots of water, lemon juice twice a day and have baked beans with meals like if you're having fish and chips, add beans to them. Also try to do a moderate amount of exercise as this will help open your bowels up
Reply 23
More Laxative, something has to give
Reply 24
Original post by choco_monsterxo
Literally just drink lots of water, lemon juice twice a day and have baked beans with meals like if you're having fish and chips, add beans to them. Also try to do a moderate amount of exercise as this will help open your bowels up.

I'm going to eat fish fingers and vegetables ah

I haven't got beans :frown:

But I'll replace that with fruits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by fc93
If you haven't had any bowel movement in over a week, I would advise you see your GP ASAP. You don't want to develop an obstruction/become impacted as it is dangerous as well as very painful!

In the mean time I would recommend you continue the senna every night until you have a normal bowel movement. Try and increase your fluid intake as drinking lots will help to soften things up. As others have suggested prunes are a good idea if you can tolerate them!

Hope you feel better soon! :smile:

Should I take senna again?

I had 2 yesterday?

Are you sure they won't make stuff worser?

I had the extra strength ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Pure orange juice, and bananas and a lot of water 😊

Do you think I should eat laxatives?

I've been eating them since two days?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think I should eat laxatives?

I've been eating them since two days?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Idk 😑
Reply 28
Should I take senna again?

I had 2 yesterday?

Are you sure they won't make stuff worser?

I had the extra strength ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

According to the leaflet online you can take them safely for up to 1 week.

It is best to take them before you go to bed with a full glass of water. :smile:

Again I would highly recommend seeing your GP if you haven't been able to go for a week, especially if this is not something that has happened before or with an obvious cause. (Medication/surgery etc.)
Reply 29
Original post by fc93
According to the leaflet online you can take them safely for up to 1 week.

It is best to take them before you go to bed with a full glass of water. :smile:

Again I would highly recommend seeing your GP if you haven't been able to go for a week, especially if this is not something that has happened before or with an obvious cause. (Medication/surgery etc.)

I ruined my diet you see.
I didn't eat any fruits and I ate breads from supermarkets.
The ones with yeast.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's been a week and I already ate about 2 tablets of sennokot and they did kind of work well I felt something but whenever I try to poop it's not coming out and I don't know what to do. This never ever happened to me before. .

I tried taking in fibre today.

I'm going to eat 2 apples, had weetabix in the morning.

Any tips?
It's not that serious that I should Consult a doctor because there's no pain or anything. It doesn't hurt

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I once got really constipated for ages- at least 6 days because of some tablets I was taking. My girlfriend at the time went to some wacky health food shop and bought a 2litre bottle of fresh prune juice and tried to make me down it (not in one go like a pint), I had a sip and it was completely horrible.

We argued about it a lot, but I was really uncomfortable because of my stomach, so in the end, we did like Amy Winehands and taped the bottle to my hands so I couldn't do anything until I'd finished it.

I almost puked about 5 times, but it did work and let's just say I evacuated about 4-5 hours later. She was just dying with laughter because she didn't think I'd actually drink it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by Trinculo
I once got really constipated for ages- at least 6 days because of some tablets I was taking. My girlfriend at the time went to some wacky health food shop and bought a 2litre bottle of fresh prune juice and tried to make me down it (not in one go like a pint), I had a sip and it was completely horrible.

We argued about it a lot, but I was really uncomfortable because of my stomach, so in the end, we did like Amy Winehands and taped the bottle to my hands so I couldn't do anything until I'd finished it.

I almost puked about 5 times, but it did work and let's just say I evacuated about 4-5 hours later. She was just dying with laughter because she didn't think I'd actually drink it.

I don't know what to do :*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trinculo

Prune juice is ****ing delicious! Though I've never drunk 2L in one go :laugh:
I don't know what to do :*

Posted from TSR Mobile

As someone who has had this - I would go and buy the fresh prune juice, have a big curry and hope for the best.
Only thing that works for me is Movicol. I think you can maybe get sachets over the counter but if not, then the doctor. I try the usual like a hot bath, alcohol, prune juice, lots of water etc and nothing helps but I've never had a problem with Movicol.

Your constipation might not be painful at the moment but it most likely will if it continues
(edited 7 years ago)
Fybogel which you can buy from the chemist
Reply 36
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest