The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I haven't tried it but there's Youtubers who bought lots of Primark makeup to try out. Some wet ad and some were good
Reply 2
Original post by saraxh
I haven't tried it but there's Youtubers who bought lots of Primark makeup to try out. Some wet ad and some were good

ive looked haha, i dont think i would buy foundations or anything from there but i might try the mascara haha
Original post by Justmoll28
is 'cheap' makeup worth a shot? has anyone tried brands such as w7 or Primark makeup? what is it like?

Personally the only things I wouldnt go for the cheaper option on would be foundation, skincare and mascara. They are the items that are generally nowhere near as good as leading drugstore brands when bought from places like primark. Other than that, I would be up for trying eyeshadows and other things but you often really do get what you pay for, some good drugstore brands are often very cheap and if you go to boots during the 342 or other sales then you will be likely to get some bargains.
E.L.F cosmetics are amazing and so cheap! Definitely recommend.

And they don't test on animals which makes it even better! Definitely give their lip colours a go, I love their reds. :smile:
is 'cheap' makeup worth a shot? has anyone tried brands such as w7 or Primark makeup? what is it like?

I think for things like lipgloss, lipliner, lipstick, blusher or eyeshadow you can definitely go for cheap. Brands like natural collection, ELF, MUA are also good. MUA for lipstick are amazing I have to say. I bought a dark red MUA lipstick and wore it for a dinner and everyone thought it was a MAC lipstick, I got so many complements on it!
If I were you though I would invest a bit more into foundation, mascara and eyeliner just because from experience the higher end brands or higher end drugstore brands tend to look better, stay on for longer and have a better finish and quality
barry m is pretty cheap and most of their products are vegan and cruelty free which is good :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Pinkberry_y
I think for things like lipgloss, lipliner, lipstick, blusher or eyeshadow you can definitely go for cheap. Brands like natural collection, ELF, MUA are also good. MUA for lipstick are amazing I have to say. I bought a dark red MUA lipstick and wore it for a dinner and everyone thought it was a MAC lipstick, I got so many complements on it!
If I were you though I would invest a bit more into foundation, mascara and eyeliner just because from experience the higher end brands or higher end drugstore brands tend to look better, stay on for longer and have a better finish and quality

speaking of MUA, you NEED to try their highlighters, holy smokes theyre fabulous!! yeah i wear bourjours foundation and whatnot but i was curious about pencil liners and stuff to see if i could save a few quids on them

I would recommened trying Elf makeup! Theyre an online brand with both an american and a uk website. They sell fab makeup at great prices and i use their eyeshadows, primers, foundations, mascaras and brushes!
Reply 9
Original post by lyndsey4286
I would recommened trying Elf makeup! Theyre an online brand with both an american and a uk website. They sell fab makeup at great prices and i use their eyeshadows, primers, foundations, mascaras and brushes!

i think i have one elf brush haha, ill have a look! thanks :smile:
Reply 10
Poundland
Original post by UWS
Poundland

have you tried their stuff?
I work at Primark and can only vouch for their lip liners. They're so amazing and the colours are actually quite pretty.

Drugstore products that I may use are Maybelline, Loreal and Bourjios. I personally think they're so amazing and very cheap!
I would not try primark makeup! However w7 isn't that bad. Apparently their cream bronzer is an exact dupe for the Chanel tan de soleil and their contour and highlight kit a dupe for the Charlotte tilbury one.
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
I would not try primark makeup! However w7 isn't that bad. Apparently their cream bronzer is an exact dupe for the Chanel tan de soleil and their contour and highlight kit a dupe for the Charlotte tilbury one.

holy crap really?!?! i need to try that haha!
The "cheap" brands I've tried is primark, MUA and essence. From the products I've tried I think it's alright, not amazing but they do an alright job for their price.I've tried poundland makeup as well but they're terrible. You could tell the lipsticks are cheap because they don't feel nice at all when you put it on.
Poundland is awful for make-up. Nothing looks right, nothing applies right, and nothing stays on. It's just awful. Primark, however, I've liked a few pieces of. I get blotting papers from there, and liquid eyeliner. Their false nails are also pretty great. They stay on a lot longer than those of other places and I find they fit a lot better as well. I'll definitely try more Primark make-up but for things like foundation and primer I stick to brands like Rimmel and Revlon. I can't remember how much it was, but I have the most amazing mascara from Soap and Glory in Boots. It's amazing. My eyelashes look fiercely long and thick but it never clumps, and it's easy to clean off without coming off during the day
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Poundland is awful for make-up. Nothing looks right, nothing applies right, and nothing stays on. It's just awful. Primark, however, I've liked a few pieces of. I get blotting papers from there, and liquid eyeliner. Their false nails are also pretty great. They stay on a lot longer than those of other places and I find they fit a lot better as well. I'll definitely try more Primark make-up but for things like foundation and primer I stick to brands like Rimmel and Revlon. I can't remember how much it was, but I have the most amazing mascara from Soap and Glory in Boots. It's amazing. My eyelashes look fiercely long and thick but it never clumps, and it's easy to clean off without coming off during the day

i got the primark mascara they have today and it is literally the best mascara ive ever had, its a definite dupe for the benefit theyre real mascara!
Reply 18
Try Superdrug its a drugstore they have great cheap brand like Freedom Makeup revolution,Mua and they sell Sleek for coloured women.
Every woman should invest in a good,expensive foundation, like Elizabeth Arden or Chanel. But for mascara, eye shadow and lipstick it really doesn't matter how much you pay as they are basically all the same. These silly ads that tell you X lipstick will stay on all day are ********. There is only one way to make your lipstick stay on after you have eaten or drank something. Apply your lipstick as normal. "kiss" off the excess with a tissue. Then take a large powder brush and some loose translucent powder. Liberally brush powder all over your lips. The powder sets the lipstick in place and it will stay on a lot longer. You won't have the shiny lipstick effect ,but if you are going to be somewhere for many hours and don't have the time to keep reapplying it, covering it with loose powder is great. [A tip I picked up years ago on a modelling course].

Latest

Trending

Trending