The Student Room Group

People starting year 13 in september :)

How're you guys spending your summer? I've got a lot of work to do for my EPQ and my UCAS application along with tonnes of music work what're you guys doing?
sitting eating chips! i've done absolutely nothing so far. i really need to get my personal statement going AND i need to look over 3/4 books for english. yet still... i'm sat here...
Trying to get this 20 page report done (Nuffield project) - 4 week placement
Trying to get this 2000 word research assignment done.
Trying to get the majority of C3 & two FP2 chapters done.
lol I also need to write a PS and sort my life out but I'll do that after results day.

In the midst of all that...
Go to the cinema to see some films :tongue: I've seen 3 so far.
Going out with some friends :smile:
WATCH THE OLYMPICSSSSS
CATCH UP WITH KUWTK. :redface: guilty pleasure.
SUMMER SCHOOLS!!- I've been on one so far (UNIQ), I've got one more to go (Sutton Trust) for Maths
Perhaps do some oil painting - I doubt it tho because I can't make time for it lol
Original post by Pentaquark
Trying to get this 20 page report done (Nuffield project) - 4 week placement
Trying to get this 2000 word research assignment done.
Trying to get the majority of C3 & two FP2 chapters done.
lol I also need to write a PS and sort my life out but I'll do that after results day.

In the midst of all that...
Go to the cinema to see some films :tongue: I've seen 3 so far.
Going out with some friends :smile:
WATCH THE OLYMPICSSSSS
CATCH UP WITH KUWTK. :redface: guilty pleasure.
SUMMER SCHOOLS!!- I've been on one so far (UNIQ), I've got one more to go (Sutton Trust) for Maths
Perhaps do some oil painting - I doubt it tho because I can't make time for it lol
My word you've got alot going on. I've heard about that Nuffield Project scheme (wish i applied now). Can't believe you got into two seperate Summer schools( yet again started looking at these after their deadlines:colonhash:) What are your GCSE grades? So I'm guessing you are enthusiastic about Maths? What A Levels are you trying to get qualifications for? Maths is the best subject!! I Would be gratefult if you replied!!:h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
My word you've got alot going on. I've heard about that Nuffield Project scheme (wish i applied now). Can't believe you got into two seperate Summer schools( yet again started looking at these after their deadlines:colonhash:) What are your GCSE grades? So I'm guessing you are enthusiastic about Maths? What A Levels are you trying to get qualifications for? Maths is the best subject!! I Would be gratefult if you replied!!:h:

Ah everything is on my profile in terms of GCSEs & A levels :smile:
I don't want to do Maths at uni but I do like the A level stuff because I just find it fun lol idk. Its quite a lot but hey I should be able to handle it.
Feel free to PM me with any other questions! :colondollar:
Tbh it was easy for me to get onto these summer schools because I fit the criteria very well I guess.
I've been trying my best to get ready for the year ahead and in extension, uni.

I finished my personal statement, having left a gap to talk about my work experience which I'm doing towards the end of summer.
I registered for the LNAT and have started preparing for it.
I've also been working on my EPQ and doing some wider reading on my uni course.
I'm going through the C3 and M2 modules to try and get firm grounding before I start A2 maths as it's the weaker of my 3 subjects.
Also been working to earn some cash.

Other than all that useful stuff I've gotten through 7 seasons of Gilmore Girls and played sims extensively :biggrin: I've had to stay pretty far away from my hometown during summer so haven't seen much of my friends which is the only reason I've had time to do this stuff!

Quick Reply

Latest