The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Poppycharlotte
If for example I got A*AA when my offer is A*A*A will I automatically be placed to my insurance? Or will Cambridge allow time for us to get a priority remark before releasing us

Most likely yes but if the remark comes back before 31st you will be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Student403
I don't think this is the case - at least not over here. Because we're expected to pay for them ourselves (well my German teacher was really nice and took the money out of the department budget because she really likes me :lol: )

Well, maybe they're more affordable over there. Here we pay about 40 pounds per remark. Wbu?

Yeah I think the cost is about the same for us. Id rather them not say the price cus it probably puts people off who would otherwise get a better grade.
Original post by Insight314
You've never drank alcohol? I tried vodka and Guinness and it was disgusting, but I guess people drink alcohol to get drunk and not for taste lol.

Original post by Mathemagicien
I tried some beer a week ago, I nearly threw up. I wanted to see how drunk I felt if I consumed half a glass, but I got nowhere near even half-a-thimble-full. I think if I ever try to get drunk, I'll need to put sugar cubes in my drinks... but then people might think I'm spiking someone else's drink... hmm...

Lol, father suggested that I try a sip of beer from his glass. I nearly threw up. Never even wandering close to the thing again :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Original post by jneill
Sorry I don't get tags when I'm on the App...

Many colleges are fine with gap years for Mathmophysicists. There's a pdf somewhere on the math dept site listing college attitudes to gap years (and lots of other stuff about applying for Maths).

And no you don't need to be at school to apply. But keeping in touch with your school is a good idea because you will probably want to use them for your reference.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Zacken
Linking's a pain in the arse from the app, so here you go: https://www.maths.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate-admissions/admissionsguide.pdf

Glad to hear that! Short girls are pretty anyway. :-)

Lol, I've been looking for that one forever. Thenks :biggrin:
Original post by Insight314
All right, thanks guys. :smile:

Is anyone else thinking more and more about how they did on STEP as the day comes closer? :afraid:

Yeah absolutely. Actually I have intermittent moments when I freak out and run around in circles with my hands in the air telling myself that Emma isn't taking me and my life is over, but I've been able to block it out for the most part
Peeps, I have a question: are remarks a thing for STEP also? Does it usually make any difference? How's it done?
Cambridge would be so bae if they let me in with A*AA

Doubt they will tho
Original post by Serine Soul
Cambridge would be so bae if they let me in with A*AA

Doubt they will tho

Have u actually checked any of the papers ur worrying about? It'd be great to see u get full ums on those ones on results day
Original post by krishdesai7
Peeps, I have a question: are remarks a thing for STEP also? Does it usually make any difference? How's it done?

Yep you can appeal

http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/for-test-takers/step/dates-and-costs/
http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/for-test-takers/step/faqs/
Original post by EnglishMuon
Have u actually checked any of the papers ur worrying about? It'd be great to see u get full ums on those ones on results day

The papers I'm worried about aren't available yet :smile:
feelimg so stupid after practicing all step 1,2,3 and being super doubtful abt meetin offer :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Duke Glacia
feelimg so stupid after practicing all step 1,2,3 and being super doubtful abt meetin offer :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

aren't we all :tongue:
My Unit 2 physics AS and S1 went down after remarks lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
doubt that figure would be useful since there's a new remark style now
Original post by krishdesai7

Yeah, as per jneill, appeals are a (rare) thing but rarely bear any fruit and is barely used. For the most part, your initial step result is your final step result.
Original post by Zacken
Yeah, as per jneill, appeals are a (rare) thing but rarely bear any fruit and is barely used. For the most part, your initial step result is your final step result.

Is appealing if you miss out by a couple of marks though worth it? i.e. would it be detrimental to Cambridges final decision process because of time delays caused by the remark?
Original post by EnglishMuon
Is appealing if you miss out by a couple of marks though worth it? i.e. would it be detrimental to Cambridges final decision process because of time delays caused by the remark?

Probably best to ask the CAT. (Assuming you are still talking about STEP.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I think he meant STEP and not A levels.
Original post by Questioner1234
One of mine went up 46 marks to 100% UMS. If it wasn't for that remark I wouldn't have applied to Cambridge at all. UMS average went from 95ish to 99.5ish! Hoping my results are right this year at least last year I had time for the appeal!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow...Was this a science subject?
Original post by Questioner1234
One of mine went up 46 marks to 100% UMS. If it wasn't for that remark I wouldn't have applied to Cambridge at all. UMS average went from 95ish to 99.5ish! Hoping my results are right this year at least last year I had time for the appeal!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, how did that happen? Did they miss out entire pages or what

Latest

Trending

Trending