The Student Room Group

What to take to university?

Hi there, my daughter starts Hertfordshire Uni in September 2016. Any idea what she needs to take with her to her accommodation? Not sure what she needs for the shared kitchen, pots, pans, crockery, cutlery, plates etc.....Any ideas would be helpful please? Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by Gingerbread66
Hi there, my daughter starts Hertfordshire Uni in September 2016. Any idea what she needs to take with her to her accommodation? Not sure what she needs for the shared kitchen, pots, pans, crockery, cutlery, plates etc.....Any ideas would be helpful please? Thank you.

There's a pretty comprehensive guide here
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15855-what-to-take-to-university-checklist

And her university may have its own list.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Bedding, toiletries, towels, food,etc,,,my daughter ended up taking her own pots and pans and kitchen items but they all started sharing once they made friends...table lamp,
It was amazing how much things people took with them but you art alone...lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Many thanks for the replies. Most helpful.

pots, pans, crockery, cutlery, plates food also helps.
Small things like notice board pins. Many take a duvet but forget the pillows...lol
Food the first few days. Your daughter doesn't want to get there and have to shop.

She needs to have enough cutlery/cockery/cooking implements for her day to day needs. *My two daughters have both been through uni (one through masters) they both started with everything that they needed. *Expect things to be broken, borrowed and burned - so buy cheap. *One followed this rule, one was a bit more of a princess and wanted pink everything. *They both brought about the same amount back after 4 years of studying. *

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending