The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Questioner1234
I still have no idea because I asked for the script back as well as a remark and the initial mark on the front corresponded to a different UMS than I was initially given so I think it may have been a clerical error.

Posted from TSR Mobile

With a remark you get ur script back. The exams office probably has it.
I didnt know I was in the exams office and seen an M2 paper with my name, and it was my remarked one hehe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
He's talking about STEP not A2. The colleges receive the full scripts for STEP anyway.
I still have no idea because I asked for the script back as well as a remark and the initial mark on the front corresponded to a different UMS than I was initially given so I think it may have been a clerical error.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn that's some crazy error though
Good thing it was so drastically different to what you expected actually, if it was only slightly lower you wouldn't have realised the error!
I hope nothing like that happens again, must be very nerve-wracking
If only I had know this last year... :frown:
Reply 2144
I'm currently in the process of booking my flight tickets to London for the end of September. Is anyone here going to any events prior to the official introweek starting? My college says to arrive by afternoon September 30th so I've thought about getting a flight the morning of the 30th but I'm still unsure about whether or not I should reserve a day or two for pre-arrival hijinks.

Ah maybe they miscounted or something
Lol I'll cut up my 'uni spending' savings tin for remarks if I have to
Original post by Mathemagicien
If only I had know this last year... :frown:

Several people at my school have had remarks go down. It's definitely not a one way street
Original post by Student403
Several people at my school have had remarks go down. It's definitely not a one way street

Safest (if you have time) is to get a script first
Original post by Serine Soul
Safest (if you have time) is to get a script first

Yeah but it costs even more doesn't it?
Yeah but it costs even more doesn't it?

I guess, but if your teacher checks it against the mark scheme, sees you should get more marks, remark and your marks go up, the money is refunded to you right?

And if it's not gone up, it's better to lose around £13 than £40+ :redface:
I guess, but if your teacher checks it against the mark scheme, sees you should get more marks, remark and your marks go up, the money is refunded to you right?

And if it's not gone up, it's better to lose around £13 than £40+ :redface:

Yeah that's true :dontknow:

The only drawback is some teachers (as I'm sure you've experienced) are literally useless
Yeah that's true :dontknow:

The only drawback is some teachers (as I'm sure you've experienced) are literally useless

Yeah lol if there's anything wrong with my chem marks this year I'm going straight to my AS teacher, not my A2 one. The guy was half lost throughout the whole year

Looking at the email I got last year again, there isn't actually enough time to check and then put in for remarks if a uni offer is on hold. I guess if someone meets their offer but thinks they should've got an extra A* or something, they can use that service
Yeah lol if there's anything wrong with my chem marks this year I'm going straight to my AS teacher, not my A2 one. The guy was half lost throughout the whole year

Looking at the email I got last year again, there isn't actually enough time to check and then put in for remarks if a uni offer is on hold. I guess if someone meets their offer but thinks they should've got an extra A* or something, they can use that service

first world academic problems
@Mathemagicien, did you change your profile pic just to mess with people's head? It's working. I am only seeing two triangles. :biggrin:
first world academic problems

Haha indeed they are!
Honest to God, if I met my offer, I literally wouldn't care if I got a crazily low mark in a unit I'm pretty certain of getting a high mark in (chem coursework lol)
I wouldn't even care if I scraped my offer with 270, 270 (A2 Bio & Chem) and 480 Maths because, I met my offer :cry2:
Original post by Insight314
@Mathemagicien, did you change your profile pic just to mess with people's head? It's working. I am only seeing two triangles. :biggrin:

Everything about this guy messes with my head
So what have you all been up to then during the wait? Other than being driven insane with worry :tongue:
Original post by Insight314

What's wrong with it? :frown:

Everything about this guy messes with my head

High praise indeed :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by C0balt
So what have you all been up to then during the wait? Other than being driven insane with worry :tongue:

TSRing 24/7

Latest

Trending

Trending