The Student Room Group

work 15+ hours a day [90hr week] AMA

work weekends too mostly, shoot away

Scroll to see replies

Why does daddy hurt mummy, why does he make her cry?
Original post by gr8wizard10

Is that girls say when you tell them how much money you earn?
twenty years of age - 1996 baby

Original post by 34908seikj

she didn't cook yesterday

Original post by Marshall Taylor
Is that girls say when you tell them how much money you earn?

i'm single and ready to mingle baby.. i don't have time for girls
Is it me or did your rep bar go from like 7 to 10 over the summer holidays? Damn, you must really hate exercise

:colonhash:

By 'work', do you mean 'playing Pokemon Go'?
I'm surprised you kept count:biggrin: Working 9 hours per day? Doesn't count (unless you work in a gym)

I don't want to hurt her, but I told her not to make me tell her twice.
~1-2am most days.. 12am on a good day - i do have free time.. between the hours of 2am and 7am, but it's generally used to catch up on sleep

Original post by Platopus
By 'work', do you mean 'playing Pokemon Go'?

not pokemon go, i'm level 2 it that game.. am too busy to indulge in such activities
(edited 7 years ago)
Why does IB cost you the best years of your life :hide:
Are you a greedy bonus-earning tax-dodging economy-ruining crisis-causing banker?
Sounds repetitive, don't strain yourself with smiling RSI. I would advise you to mix up your accents to put customers off, I don't work but in public it makes for a good laugh:biggrin:
The investment banker...I have read some of your posts!

How are you coping with the hours and what are your plans after your investment banking experience?
Is this your first year as an (I assume) M&A analyst or are you still a student (internship)?
How many more years do you need to work that long for? And do you support Arsenal like me?
not really, not like the glory days of 06'

Original post by SeanFM
Why does IB cost you the best years of your life :hide:

the best years of my life will be at 35 when i can buy a boat.. my 20's are pretty useless tbh, so may aswell use them as an investment

Original post by kangsterf
Are you a greedy bonus-earning tax-dodging economy-ruining crisis-causing banker?

no, i'm a uni student.. but that's kinda the goal

the best years of my life will be at 35 when i can buy a boat.. my 20's are pretty useless tbh, so may aswell use them as an investment

how much is the pay really? are you going to burn out? how tired are you usually? any tips for surviving on little sleep?
Original post by ThinkAndGrowRich
The investment banker...I have read some of your posts!

How are you coping with the hours and what are your plans after your investment banking experience?
Is this your first year as an (I assume) M&A analyst or are you still a student (internship)?

buy-side funds: private equity / credit fund / secondaries fund

i'm on a summer internship, have done 3 in banking, c.2 in m&a.. should be joining full-time next july

Original post by Trapz99
How many more years do you need to work that long for? And do you support Arsenal like me?

2-3 years planning to spend in banking, then i'm off to the buy-side and if i can't do that, then try out to be a journalist. i don't watch football, i watch professional call of duty, if anything.. mlg orlando was this weekend
(edited 7 years ago)
Do you think this is worth it?
Do you enjoy the work you do a lot?

I guess so, long term 'investment' I s'pose. But I dunno man, you don't want to have to start taking medication or something :s-smilie: anyway I hope you quickly get past the analyst monkey stages if you are there (wouldn't be surprised if you were further up the ladder already though)

Quick Reply

Latest