The Student Room Group

parents

I have another relationship problem, my boyfriend is planning on coming up to my house to see me for a couple of days, knowing we have been together for one year and 2 months, but bis mother will not let him I dont know why, he has a way of travel because my brother or my mom are willing to pick him up and bring him back, but she still wont let him I dont know why, he was allowed last week, but not this week, someone please help me.
What?
Original post by tiarebecca
I have another relationship problem, my boyfriend is planning on coming up to my house to see me for a couple of days, knowing we have been together for one year and 2 months, but bis mother will not let him I dont know why, he has a way of travel because my brother or my mom are willing to pick him up and bring him back, but she still wont let him I dont know why, he was allowed last week, but not this week, someone please help me.

This is a fairly new relationship (not sure how old you are) and his parents may not be comfortable with him staying in the same house as you/sleeping arrangements, they will not know what you will get up to whilst he is there etc.

You have to remember he lives with his parents and you live with yours, you have to abide by their rules im afraid until you live alone.
Reply 3
Original post by PrincessBO$$
What?

my boyfriends mother will not allow him to see me what so ever unless i go round to his house, he is not allowed round my house for some reason.
my boyfriends mother will not allow him to see me what so ever unless i go round to his house, he is not allowed round my house for some reason.

Have you spoken to him?
Reply 5
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Have you spoken to him?

yes i have tried, he just says that there is nothing he can do, but there is so much he can do he just wont do it, and to me t seems to show how much i really mean to him.
yes i have tried, he just says that there is nothing he can do, but there is so much he can do he just wont do it, and to me t seems to show how much i really mean to him.

Can I ask how old you both are?

Maybe he has tried, he probably just respects his parents decisions and will not go against them, its a good thing really.

Please respect the decisions of his parents, I know how you feel right now as I have been through all of this in the early days of my relationship.

I am sure he would really want to spend a few days with you, for obvious reasons as well as you two spending quality time together. So if there was something he could do regarding the situation i'm sure he would do everything to make it happen, just my 2 cents. He obvious has a lot of respect for his parents decision, you need to respect that as well.
Reply 8
Original post by Natalierm2707
Can I ask how old you both are?

Maybe he has tried, he probably just respects his parents decisions and will not go against them, its a good thing really.

Please respect the decisions of his parents, I know how you feel right now as I have been through all of this in the early days of my relationship.

We are both 16.
We are both 16.

Obviously you are very very very young and his parents may not be to happy with him spending the night around at your house where they cannot supervise what he does, a lot of parents are the same with their children when they get into relationships. How do I know this, well because when I was 16 I had been in my relationship for over a year, I lived with my grandma and mum whom both would not let us alone in my room together or him stay over until we had been together 2 years and I turned 17, even then we had to sleep in seperate beds. Just respect his parents it will do you no harm at this age!
Reply 10
Obviously you are very very very young and his parents may not be to happy with him spending the night around at your house where they cannot supervise what he does, a lot of parents are the same with their children when they get into relationships. How do I know this, well because when I was 16 I had been in my relationship for over a year, I lived with my grandma and mum whom both would not let us alone in my room together or him stay over until we had been together 2 years and I turned 17, even then we had to sleep in seperate beds. Just respect his parents it will do you no harm at this age!

Thats not even the problem I have though, his mom isnt letting him round my house at all, if I wanna see him i have to be round his house
Thats not even the problem I have though, his mom isnt letting him round my house at all, if I wanna see him i have to be round his house

Well why not go out somewhere together instead, go to the cinema, ice skating, walking in the park etc. Why does it have to be at anyones house to see eachother?

there really is nothing you can do if his parents have made the decision that they dont want him to be left unsupervised at your house alone with you, then im afriad just respect their decisions. Its not as if you cannot see your boyfriend, you can go around to his house and see him there.
Reply 12
Well why not go out somewhere together instead, go to the cinema, ice skating, walking in the park etc. Why does it have to be at anyones house to see eachother?

there really is nothing you can do if his parents have made the decision that they dont want him to be left unsupervised at your house alone with you, then im afriad just respect their decisions. Its not as if you cannot see your boyfriend, you can go around to his house and see him there.

i have spent the last year around his house every weekend because we have a bit of a distance to go, but the only time he came round my house was last week for 2 nights and my mom was here, his mom has met my mom they are quite close.
i have spent the last year around his house every weekend because we have a bit of a distance to go, but the only time he came round my house was last week for 2 nights and my mom was here, his mom has met my mom they are quite close.

Im really sorry but im not his parents, I dont really know what you expect me to say here. You need to grow up a little and stop acting like a child by respecting that not everything can be your way in life, I know you would probably like him to come around to your house more but just go easy for a while, bring it up again maturely in the near future and say that sometimes it would be nice if he could go around to your house because I would like to spend the weekend with my family sometimes. There are mature and sensible ways around these issues, it just takes patience.

Can I ask why you are around at his house every single weekend? surely you need time for your family and studying etc.
Also can I ask (because this is probably something his parents are reluctant about), do you share a bed at his house? would you share a bed/room if he stayed at your house?
I'm afraid until the two of you are older there's not a lot you can do about it. While he is still living at home and you at your parent's house you will just have to abide by their rules. When you are both older if you want to you will be able to move in together somewhere. For now I think you'll both just have to put up with it.
Reply 15
Im really sorry but im not his parents, I dont really know what you expect me to say here. You need to grow up a little and stop acting like a child by respecting that not everything can be your way in life, I know you would probably like him to come around to your house more but just go easy for a while, bring it up again maturely in the near future and say that sometimes it would be nice if he could go around to your house because I would like to spend the weekend with my family sometimes. There are mature and sensible ways around these issues, it just takes patience.

Can I ask why you are around at his house every single weekend? surely you need time for your family and studying etc.
Also can I ask (because this is probably something his parents are reluctant about), do you share a bed at his house? would you share a bed/room if he stayed at your house?

The reason that I am at his house every weekend is so I can spend time with him, because he is not allowed round mine, we do not share a bed at either of our houses
The reason that I am at his house every weekend is so I can spend time with him, because he is not allowed round mine, we do not share a bed at either of our houses

I understand dont worry, my replies might sound a little harsh but I totally understand what your feeling (I have been through all this and more at your age - but now am much older and wiser), but sadly there is very little you can do.

How far away do you guys live from eachother? if you dont live to far away from eachother why not plan day trips every other weekend, like go somewhere nice on the train/meet in the middle and do something special together?

Think of it this way, going to his house means at least you will see him, thats got to be better than not seeing him and being stuborn hey? Like I said before just live with it for a couple more months then bring it up to your mum, get her to speak to his mum or you talk to her and ask why he cannot stay and see if you can compromise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending