The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Should women be allowed to go topless?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by kangsterf
But it's not a sexual organ at all. A woman's breasts are just lumps of fat with nipples on them, surely not sexual?

You may think that breasts are not sexual organs, but the overwhelming majority of men (and some women) disagree. You cannot deny that.

Original post by Kay_Winters
You don't see strippers being attacked by the males attending strip clubs the second they take their bras off.

Because you usually have bouncers in strip clubs, and they don't like when you touch the strippers. Many men would behave differently otherwise.
Original post by Josb
You may think that breasts are not sexual organs, but the overwhelming majority of men (and some women) disagree. You cannot deny that.

Because you usually have bouncers in strip clubs, and they don't like when you touch the strippers. Many men would behave differently otherwise.

They scientifically are not, it's not a matter of debate. They are a secondary sexual characteristic, those who say they are sexual organs are wrong.

As for your second comment, men have self control, it is insulting to suggest that they lack this self control to control themselves and to not rape people.
Or, perhaps - the only times you ever see breasts is immediately before sex or masturbating, so you're accustomed to seeing them sexually. If I see a pec however, is more likely to be a chav drinking Carling on a hot day wearing adidas joggers.

Next, you absolute misogynistic flower, women also have sexual reactions to things - but we don't feel the need to "ACT" on it. You wait until you are in a private place and take care of that urge if you need to. You don't think we get all hot and bothered when we see a nice pec or some abs? Sure we do. We're just taught that it's not socially acceptable to slobber after other people. Perhaps if you men were taught the same you'd find it easier to control yourself.

If you are really so incapable of controlling yourself when you see a breast - because not every single one you see in your life will not be on a woman that consents to sex with you - then you need professional help. And teaching that if you see a woman's body (or any body), your reaction isn't too pop a boner or "act" on your urges - you need to remind yourself that that wet hole you fancy diving into is, in fact, a body part of another sentient human being. You have no claim to it. If you pop a boner you don't have right to stick your penis into whatever you fancy. You're not an animal, you're perfectly capable of controlling yourself. So don't blame another person's body for your own, disgusting, lack of self control.

Tl;dr
Yes, we should be able to topless if men do ^^ free ALL the nipples, or keep all the nipples locked away. The thought that women's bodies are more sexual than men's is ridiculous. No, we are taught from a young age that men are allowed to be overtly sexual and women aren't. Change the teaching - change the thought.
Reply 43
FREE THE NIPPLE :colone:

Honestly though, being topless in places where men go topless shouldn't be that big of a deal imo. I mean, they're just lumps of fatty tissue.
Reply 44

As for your second comment, men have self control, it is insulting to suggest that they lack this self control to control themselves and to not rape people.

Your self control is much better when you have a Cerberus behind you.

I didn't say that all men lack self control, I was just answering your comment that men control themselves in strip clubs, but to think that they are all capable of self control when seeing bare breasts is really naive.
Reply 45
Well, if you wanna be pedantic about what constitutes a female breast then no, its not just fatty tissue. But fatty tissue is what determines the size of the breast. But I'm pretty sure the point of this thread is not to determine what a breast is??
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Josb
Your self control is much better when you have a Cerberus behind you.

I didn't say that all men lack self control, I was just answering your comment that men control themselves in strip clubs, but to think that they are all capable of self control when seeing bare breasts is really naive.

Yet we see cultures where it is normal for woman to walk around topless and men don't rape them.
Yes!! If someone's sensibilities are offended f*** em. They need to grow up and stop worrying about the things in life that don't mean jack s*** and start worrying about the real pressing problems in our effed up world...

Sorry for the expletives, dumb people anger me xx
Reply 48
Yet we see cultures where it is normal for woman to walk around topless and men don't rape them.

You're speaking of primitive cultures where the notion of rape is seriously different from ours. I don't think that you really want to make a comparison with these peoples, unless you can prove that rape doesn't exist among them.
Free the NIPPLE !!!!

Boobs are just like mini beer bellies with a nipple on them!
There's no reason to go topless or naked whatsoever, why?
Sure thing, hun. I'll use your penis as a reference ; D
British women going topless in public? Do we want to discourage tourism?
Anywhere + Anytime = No (Look at me turning this into an equation).

But on the beach and by the pool, sure.
Small pair of knockers you've got there, mate. Props for the length though. Does that mean I can write long replies now ;D or is that still too taxing for your poor brain
Reply 55
Your penis is cut in three parts. :s-smilie:
I don't agree with the idea that breasts aren't sexual, but it doesn't bother me enough to be against freethenipple. Don't really care - do what you want.
Lucky for me, I've got my own pair ^^ I might go do just that.
Original post by kangsterf
Like on beaches and other places where men can be topless. If not, why not?

I mean, men often go topless and I know most women wouldn't want to do this but some of them clearly do, as shown by some of the GoTopless protests and stuff like that. Why not give them the right to choose whether they do?

Men are loaded with testosterone which just makes some of us excessively horny. Naturally, some of us control it better than others. If all men had self-control and women were fine with some staring, (it's inevitable people would) then I would be for it.

A possible problem is that I don't really want to be with my mother while she's topless, whatever the law is :/ .

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 59
Its fine and a lot of women do go topless anyways but we have to remember that the male and female brain functions very differently sadly and whilst its normal to see a topless man its very rare to see topless women. and women can handle a topless man, even if hes got a gorgeous six-pack we have the ability to remain normal but something very weird happens to men when they see a pair of breasts. they just go crazy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9BjjFts2F0
so sure, there should totally be equality on the beach but i completely loathe the thought of being bugged by and leered at by pervy men so thats why i keep mine covered. just isn't worth the hassle at all.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest