The Student Room Group

Is Trump mentally ill? The US Republican Party is being urged to get him examined

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marers
US Congresswoman Karen Bass has started a petition calling on psychologists and psychiatrists to urge the Republican Party to get Donald Trump's mental health examined. It seems there is ample evidence that he suffers from both narcissistic and sociopathic personality disorders.

Only if all candidates have it done.

#neverhillary
Even if he's 100% insane (I think he is perfectly sane by the way) if the US choose to elect him that is their choice as a democracy.
Reply 22
Original post by niteninja1
Only if all candidates have it done.

Yes, there's a good case for that.
If Trump is mentally ill, then Hillary Clinton should be thrown into an asylum.
Original post by a^n
Over 20 years, the Trump foundation has made charitable contributions totaling a paltry $6.7 million. .

How much have you given to charity then buddy?
Reply 25
I wish people would stop saying Donald Trump is mentally ill. The vast majority of people who are mentally ill wouldn't dream of saying any of the stuff he has said. It has nothing to do with mental illness. While Trump is clearly a liar, a bigot, self centred, and out of touch with how the world works, this is not likely to be symptomatic of mental illness. Calling him mentally ill serves little more purpose than to stigmatise those with actual mental health problems. It may also even prevent people with geniune mental health issues from seeking treatment for fear of further stigmatisation, marginalisation, and that someone may associate them with his dangerous ideas or mock them because of it. Many people with mental illness would be ashamed to be associated with such a dangerous, bigoted, individual.
Trump is the man!
Mentally ill so what? Equal rights for the mentally ill too!!
Go Trump!

Spoiler

trump is perfectly sane the Hilary bought media want you to believe this false insulting narrative
Reply 28
Fullofsurprises

:blah:

Give it up, no one's buying the narrative any more.
The man is playing a really, really clever game. It's not a coincidence his controversial remarks are appealing to huge numbers of American voters.

You can't just call people mentally ill if you disagree with them.
Reply 30
Surely they should also check Hilary's overall health as well, there are suggestions she isn't physically fit to be president.
No, the left wing are ill.
He's the only man who isn't afraid to speak the truth

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by plasmaman
How much have you given to charity then buddy?

I don't live in the kind of extremely vulgar opulence that Trump boasts about. Have you seen his "coat of arms" with dollar signs? Have a look at the cushion covers in his Versaille-like flat in Trump Tower in New York. I live on a fairly normal income and I do give to charity actually.
Reply 33
If he's mentally ill, the leftists will not be able to mock him and will have be compassionate with him. :u:
Original post by KimKallstrom
allowing the deaths of those in Benghazi just because.....*

Good grief when will you people let go. 8 republican led congressional reports all clearing her of actual wrongdoing and the House Majority Leader literally admitting on live TV that they only formed the Select Committee to tank Hillary's poll numbers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by vault111
No, the left wing are ill.
He's the only man who isn't afraid to speak the truth

Except he doesn't speak the truth, as correctly shown by the likes of PolitiFact and FactCheck. But Trumpanzees don't care about things like facts or policy.

One doesn't need to go farther than his Putin comments to show otherwise.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I wonder if that did occur, what would happen. Presumably the Republicans would rush through a new selection process (perhaps a vote of elected Congress people?) and appoint a new candidate. One can imagine that certain Republicans might be only too happy to see the Donald go.

The Republican National Committee has full power to replace a dead, incapacitated or resigned candidate and they choose the method of selection.

However, each state decides who is on the ballot. Ohio's nomination date, for example, is 10 August. There is the possibility that Trump's name might be on the ballot paper to select a slate of electors who in fact will vote in the Electoral College for, say, Ryan rather than Trump.

Would Hillary and the Democrats agree to emergency legislation tidying up the ballot paper in each state? Shambolic Republican ballot paper entries would work to her advantage.
Reply 37
Hillary too brain damaged to walk up a flight of stairs
People with certain psychological conditions are banned from a wide variety of jobs and other positions of responsibility for good cause.

It's also often a system of abuse for the mentally ill, so I can agree it's not so clear cut.

However in this instance I think the presidency of the United States is just about important enough to trump (hehe, genuinely no pun intended) an individual's wishes, or to overlook their clear and obvious psychological condition and distorted state of mind.

I called this years ago long before Trump even muttered noises about a presidential bid, and I call it today because surprise surprise he is still the same mentally ill man.
His Narcissistic personality disorder is brazen. I've dealt with people like that before and I gotta say, even they weren't as bad as he is.

So it's not really undermining democracy as it is protecting it and society.

From Trump.

Because he is a narcissistic sociopath.

As in if a body of psychologists actually had the chance to assess him he'd pass that particular test with flying colours.

He's certifiable, and just needs that officiated little signature on the dotted line.

As in he needs treatment and society needs protection from his dangerous state of mind.

As in people who don;t think he's off his rocker are either too uninformed and not paying attention (ignorance) or wilfully ignoring it for an agenda (taking advantage of the mentally ill for some now sullied gain).

Original post by marers
Germane to the discussion: Keith Olbermann's piece in Vanity Fair. He applies the 20 considerations of the Hare Psychopathy Test, in which the person gets a score of between 0 and 2 on each one. A score of 30 is the accepted threshold in the US for possible psychopathy. Trump scores 32.

I think if people want to discuss Hillary Clinton - whether she should be elected, whether she is a criminal, or insane, or an evil witch who cackles whenever someone gets raped or killed - then they should start another thread. The topic of this thread is Donald Trump and whether he is insane or not.

A lot of the questions he doesn't score on are in regard to criminality, that is relevance to someone who's narccicistic sociopathy has unsurprisingly got them in trouble with the law.

I think it's safe to say that Trump's money and connections, and his "station" have insulated him from scoring in those areas (in which case maybe for another topic we can argue that test is weighted against the lower ends of the socio-economic scale?).

Simply put he's never been in serious trouble with the law because his father's, his own, and his station (lawyers and all) have ensured he'd never seriously face that sort of legal scrutiny.

Still, it's arguing over minor details, he still scores highly on all other accounts and meets the definition of clinical psychopathy, not to mention that most people with a passing familiarity with the symptoms and signs could call it.

The man is sick and needs help.

And to be removed from positions of responsibility like say, presidential candidacy.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nulli tertius
The Republican National Committee has full power to replace a dead, incapacitated or resigned candidate and they choose the method of selection.

Technically the RNC has the power to dump Trump at any time they want and put up anyone they have, due to the 'or otherwise' term, although practically this never happens due to being political suicide. The delegates to the Convention were only bound by the voters by the first round of voting. If Cruz had won a few more states, and stopped both of them from getting the required candidates, then the delegates could have ignored the voters and voted for someone who had dropped out as well in a brokered convention. People fail to realize that the GOP is a private political party and can pretty much do what they want.

If Trump were to suddenly drop out or something in say October, after ballot deadlines, the results would be far more interesting. The RNC could scramble to put Ryan or someone in his place, but the electoral college has different rules by states. Some states give the electoral votes to the party, and others to the candidates.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending