The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cadherin
Anyone else awaiting AQA chemistry, AQA physics, MEI maths or MEI further maths??

That CHEM4 will have the most beautiful grade boundaries with any luck... :biggrin:

Same for me, but ocr for phsyics.

Chem4 has to be low considering that last 9 mark question, layed an egg when I turned over the last page and saw it!!

Are you AS or A2? AS

What subjects are you taking? history, politics, english lit and psychology

To which university are you hoping to go? Oxford, Edinburgh or UCL

To study which subject? History

If applicable, what were your AS grades? GCSE: 4 A* 6 A

What grades are required for your desired degree? 4 As (AS level)

What grades are you predicted? 4 As-never going to happen lol

How did your exams go? Lit was awful

How are you feeling about results day? rather **** in my hand and clap

Anything else to add? Save me

Guys if you haven't applied for uni because you wanted to take a gap year but you've changed your mind and you see a course you like in clearing what do you do...

I know people will say make a UCAS application now so its ready for results day.......but obviously schools are closed so you will not be able to obtain a reference....
Reply 2623
Original post by xxvine
Guys if you haven't applied for uni because you wanted to take a gap year but you've changed your mind and you see a course you like in clearing what do you do...

I know people will say make a UCAS application now so its ready for results day.......but obviously schools are closed so you will not be able to obtain a reference....

You don't get references in clearing.
Are you AS or A2? A2
What subjects are you taking? Bio ,chem & maths
To which university are you hoping to go? Cambridge
To study which subject? Medicine
If applicable, what were your AS grades? AAAA
What grades are required for your desired degree? A*A*A
What grades are you predicted? A*A*A*
How did your exams go? Alright
How are you feeling about results day? Excited /nervous
Anything else to add?
The counter has gone into single figures... I remember when it was 54 days, holy crap :redface:
Original post by lfcrules
Are you AS or A2? A2
What subjects are you taking? Bio ,chem & maths
To which university are you hoping to go? Cambridge
To study which subject? Medicine
If applicable, what were your AS grades? AAAA
What grades are required for your desired degree? A*A*A
What grades are you predicted? A*A*A*
How did your exams go? Alright
How are you feeling about results day? Excited /nervous
Anything else to add?

Lovely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Single digits now.

Scared :frown:
Original post by Cari98
Did anyone here do AS WJEC English Lit & Lang?:smile:

I do WJEC Eng Lit if that helps lmao
I'm happy this thread is alive and gets updated so often. it's great to know people are freaking out as much as I am lmao. I just want to avoid clearing AHHHHHH!!!
Original post by xxvine

Speak directly NOW to the universities you're thinking of applying to. They might be willing to accept a clearing application without a reference (in which case it would be fine to leave the reference blank) or with just the contact details of a referee or with a non academic reference.

Whatever you do don't apply without a reference without getting confirmation from your preferred universities that it is ok or ok to provide directly later.

And email your referee at school - it's possible they'll be in the day before results and will be able to get your reference together a bit quicker.
Original post by Aph
You don't get references in clearing.

Yes you do. Universities can see your full application in clearing - predictions, exam results, achieved grades, original choices, PS and reference.
Reply 2631
Original post by PQ
Speak directly NOW to the universities you're thinking of applying to. They might be willing to accept a clearing application without a reference (in which case it would be fine to leave the reference blank) or with just the contact details of a referee or with a non academic reference.

Whatever you do don't apply without a reference without getting confirmation from your preferred universities that it is ok or ok to provide directly later.

And email your referee at school - it's possible they'll be in the day before results and will be able to get your reference together a bit quicker.

Yes you do. Universities can see your full application in clearing - predictions, exam results, achieved grades, original choices, PS and reference.

Original Choise and predictions??? Why would they matter :s-smilie: and how are they MENT to look at your reference when it's all over your phone :s-smilie:
Original post by Aph
Original Choise and predictions??? Why would they matter :s-smilie: and how are they MENT to look at your reference when it's all over your phone :s-smilie:

I'm assuming you speak and ask if they have a place given your grades. And if they do then tell them a few of your details then send them an application through ucas?
Original post by Aph

As soon as you give your clearing number or UCAS id (or surname and the first line of your address) then a university can access your entire application. They might not look at everything (although everywhere I've worked part of the telephone script required checking the application was complete). Not every university will make offers over the phone most will send an email through with the offer details on.

There is a route that can be used to avoid a UCAS reference (but usually you would still need to provide a reference directly) called an RPA but universities are only supposed to use those for non uk students and even then some universities won't take them. That's why a conversation pre application if you're struggling to get a reference is helpful.
Reply 2634
Original post by PQ
As soon as you give your clearing number or UCAS id (or surname and the first line of your address) then a university can access your entire application. They might not look at everything (although everywhere I've worked part of the telephone script required checking the application was complete). Not every university will make offers over the phone most will send an email through with the offer details on.

There is a route that can be used to avoid a UCAS reference (but usually you would still need to provide a reference directly) called an RPA but universities are only supposed to use those for non uk students and even then some universities won't take them. That's why a conversation pre application if you're struggling to get a reference is helpful.
ahhh okay. There is so much about clearing I don't understand:frown:
We're in the single digits ^^
Just keep calm...

Just. KeEP. CALM!
Original post by QueenBee98
Oh god I'm not too sure! A lot of people have said that, if you check track and you hadn't got in, then you would be able to prepare yourself a lot more :/ But I'm not too sure... I don't know what I'm gonna do, if I check it I might panic, but I'm probably gonna panic regardless :frown: Ah yes some Unis do that! I'm going to need a miracle! :rofl:

It's going to go so fast!

I'm probably going to check UCAS before from what SH0405 said! Good luck!
Original post by target21859
We're in the single digits ^^

:bricks:ikr 9 days :bricks:i know that when i get my results i will vomit not cause there bad just cause , things stressful as this **** with my stomach.:puke:
Original post by Sugar_1998
:bricks:ikr 9 days :bricks:i know that when i get my results i will vomit not cause there bad just cause , things stressful as this **** with my stomach.:puke:

It's coming too fast...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest