The Student Room Group

Would you sleep with a married man/woman?

Would you be tempted if their were hot or charming?

Have you? :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sarahsez

No and No :smile: I would never sleep with someone whose already in a relationship for a number of reasons....
A) I wouldn't want to be seen as 'the other woman' - doesn't give me a good rep
B) It would most likely ruin their relationship, and I wouldn't want to be the cause of it - especially if they had children. I don't want to be responsible for the breakdown of a marriage, even though it would have been 50/50.
Nope. I wouldnt like to be labelled as a side chick :colonhash:
Yes

I'd sleep with my husband, who is married, to me
Yep, and I have done. The woman was married and she was happy to sleep with me so there was no problem.

The way I see it is that i'm not the one who made the commitment to marriage, but the woman did.
If their partner was okay with it, then sure. (I would want to speak to the partner to make sure there were genuinely okay with it, instead of just trying to make their partner happy.) If they didn't want me to speak to their partner, or weren't upfront about it to me and their partner from the start, then hell no.
:naughty:*

Assuming I know they're in a relationship/married, absolutely not. I don't care how hot they are and how charming, they aren't the sort of person I want any involvement with if they're happy to cheat on their partner.
Probably tempted if he was really fit but no I wouldn't do it. 😁
Reply 9

no
Absolutely not.

That is the sort of thing to shatter one's self-esteem: it's not just the guilt of sleeping with a married person but it's also the thought of how you will just get dumped in the end when they decide to make things work with their partner if you happen to catch feelings, which usually happens.

And even if they did leave their spouse for you, there is the guilt of being partially responsible for breaking up a marriage. Yes, they may have found someone else to cheat with but you're better off not being complicit in the first place.
Original post by WBZ144
Absolutely not.

That is the sort of thing to shatter one's self-esteem: it's not just the guilt of sleeping with a married person but it's also the thought of how you will just get dumped in the end when they decide to make things work with their partner if you happen to catch feelings, which usually happens.

And even if they did leave their spouse for you, there is the guilt of being partially responsible for breaking up a marriage. Yes, they may have found someone else to cheat with but you're better off not being complicit in the first place.

spot on!

I'm suprised some people would say things along the lines of, I'm not responsible for someone else's marriage if the husband or wife were willing to do it themselves*
I would if I didn't know the husband. If they are unfaithful and they don't get it from me, they'll get it from someone else. At least this way I get sex out of it. This is coming from someone who was cheated on multiple times in a 2.5 year relationship (though not married) and found out not long after we broke up. I bore no ill will against the guys she slept with, just her.
(edited 7 years ago)
Nope. Not gonna give a cheater a free pass to do whatever they like with no consequences
No, I'd only sleep with someone who was in a serious relationship with me and no one else.
Reply 15
So sounds like most men would

But girls wouldn't. Interesting.
its called home wrecking
Reply 17
Original post by radel1999
its called home wrecking

Isn't there already trouble in their relationship?
Reply 18
I have before but I wouldn't again - technically speaking he told me they were separated and he was living with his brother but looking back, it was pretty obvious they were still together
Hell No,
Unless it was Zayn Malik.

Quick Reply

Latest