The Student Room Group

What's the mood SQA-ers? :)

Scroll to see replies

Hey finally a more laid back thread! I'm staying clear of "Grade prediction" lol. I did 5 highers this year ( Maths, English, Human Biology, Chemistry and Modern Studies). I'm worried about all of my exams but I'm really worried about maths I added up what I think I would get the mark for when the marking scheme was out but I can't remember anymore. I'm sitting at around 70%-75% but it's ALL DOWN to the grade boundaries I guess. I'm so nervous that the grade boundary will go up as the start of the papers were very straightforward. I got 71% in my prelim but I'm still really unsure. I honestly couldn't care less about it but I REALLY need an A at maths for what I want to do and I'm scared I might have to re-think my plans for the future. I'm starting 6th year in August so we'll see what happens - I'm trying not to stress. I know this is really bad but I'm worried about what people will think about me I have this really annoying trait which involves validating myself through good exam results. I need to chill. LOOL Anyway I REALLY hope everyone smashes their exams!!!! :smile:
Original post by Nuba123
Hey finally a more laid back thread! I'm staying clear of "Grade prediction" lol. I did 5 highers this year ( Maths, English, Human Biology, Chemistry and Modern Studies). I'm worried about all of my exams but I'm really worried about maths I added up what I think I would get the mark for when the marking scheme was out but I can't remember anymore. I'm sitting at around 70%-75% but it's ALL DOWN to the grade boundaries I guess. I'm so nervous that the grade boundary will go up as the start of the papers were very straightforward. I got 71% in my prelim but I'm still really unsure. I honestly couldn't care less about it but I REALLY need an A at maths for what I want to do and I'm scared I might have to re-think my plans for the future. I'm starting 6th year in August so we'll see what happens - I'm trying not to stress. I know this is really bad but I'm worried about what people will think about me I have this really annoying trait which involves validating myself through good exam results. I need to chill. LOOL Anyway I REALLY hope everyone smashes their exams!!!! :smile:

U need to chill

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ethan100
Exactly.
Glad I'm not the only one feeling the same, haha. You would have known better then, so if you felt positive after taking the exams... then you must of done good. :biggrin:

Let me know how physics goes! We studied so hard for it so i'm positive we'll do great :biggrin:
Original post by Nuba123

Well if it helps I heard that theres no drastic changes in grade boundaries and that most of them are pretty normal boundaries so just chill out haha
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sameehaiqbal
OMG. I could never deal with that. I think i'd just die from impatience. Lol

I'm gonna make sure I don't make the same mistake next year god willing!

Original post by Shadow Hunters
I did the same last year! I wrote down the wrong candidate number for it, it was basically a mix of two candidate numbers! By the time I realised, school had ended for the summer! Hope your mail arrives early on Tuesday! :smile: Don't let it make you feel worse about it, it's only a small difference of time and a lot of people don't sign up for text anyway.

I actually think a few people from my school haven't signed up for the text now that I think about it.

Oh well just gonna have to play the waiting game :P
Original post by A+Hunter
I'm gonna make sure I don't make the same mistake next year god willing!

I actually think a few people from my school haven't signed up for the text now that I think about it.

Oh well just gonna have to play the waiting game :P

Yeah, a lot of people have to do it! :smile: You'll be fine and it'll be more special when you get the results cause you'll have waited. :smile:
Original post by qasim-98
U need to chill

Posted from TSR Mobile

true lol
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Well if it helps I heard that theres no drastic changes in grade boundaries and that most of them are pretty normal boundaries so just chill out haha

Thanks lol :smile: Yeah that's pretty good.
Original post by Salenite
Somewhat nervous but kinda okay. I did 8 N5s this year - hoping that I'll get at least 5 As ^^
I'm also quite confident that I've passed them all in general :biggrin:

I reckon that if you feel like that, you will have done well. Exciting, fingers crossed for you :biggrin:
Original post by Nuba123

Laid back is good. I know it's stressful, but don't worry too much about it all. I'm sure you have done well. Exams aren't the be all, you have your whole life ahead of you to keep getting better and better :smile:
A nice relaxed thread... just thought I'd add my good luck wishes to everyone.

Three things I always found helpful:
In a few days/weeks/months you won't even remember what you got.
These are your results, nobody else's.
Generally speaking, people get the results they've worked for.

Good luck!
Good luck everyone - I hope you all get the results that you want!
Original post by Captain Jack
Laid back is good. I know it's stressful, but don't worry too much about it all. I'm sure you have done well. Exams aren't the be all, you have your whole life ahead of you to keep getting better and better :smile:

Thanks I think I was "mid-panic attack" when I wrote that a few days ago. But I agree with you! They're not that big of a deal and I wish someone told me that at the start of high school. Honestly I tried my best so whatever happens on results day there is no point excessively worrying about it. Life's too short. :biggrin: I'm not even that worried about it anymore and it's tomorrow. Lol :smile:
I feel ILL
Original post by Nuba123

Okay honestly same the first paper went so well and the second started well but then at the end of it I just completely freaked out and forgot how to answer so many of the questions. It's so frustrating because maths is my favourite subject and it's what I want to study at uni but if I get anything less than an A no uni is going to accept me. My teacher said it'll be fine if I get a B because he knows that I can do it I just freaked out but like uni's don't know that?? So I'll probably try get an A at advanced and just take a gap year or something. Idk I'm so stressed :smile:)))
Good luck y'all!!! Dont forget to post in my thread what results you got! Dont panic and just relax! I bet you all did great :biggrin:
Original post by rachaelbtf
Okay honestly same the first paper went so well and the second started well but then at the end of it I just completely freaked out and forgot how to answer so many of the questions. It's so frustrating because maths is my favourite subject and it's what I want to study at uni but if I get anything less than an A no uni is going to accept me. My teacher said it'll be fine if I get a B because he knows that I can do it I just freaked out but like uni's don't know that?? So I'll probably try get an A at advanced and just take a gap year or something. Idk I'm so stressed :smile:)))
Yeah I am in the same boat. I'm sitting in the A/B region as well but hopefully we will do well. I wish you all the best. Try not to stress I'm going to take my mind off it by going out for a bit. There's nothing worse than just sitting around freaking out. :biggrin: Have faith in yourself! <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending