The Student Room Group

Need MCSE Maths 2016 Paper

Hi,

Could someone please let me know where I can get a copy of the GCSE 2016 Maths paper? I am looking for the question paper and not just the answers.

Thank you.
What exam board?
Reply 2
Original post by _gcx
What exam board?

Any will do. Just need them to practice. I think our school is going to be changing their exam board this year so don't know which one they will choose.

Thank you.
Original post by DJDJDJDJDJ
Any will do. Just need them to practice. I think our school is going to be changing their exam board this year so don't know which one they will choose.

Thank you.
:smile:
If I was you, I'd leave this year's exam to be one of the last that you do before your actual exam. There's a limited number of past papers available and so it's best to save the more recent ones until it's closer to your exam.

First of all, the difficulty of the 2016 paper will be the closest to the 2017 paper, and so will give you an accurate representation of what you know and don't. If you waste this paper now and end up with 2012, 2013 past papers to do before your GCSE, you won't get as clear of a view.

Secondly, if you do all of the past papers when you're only halfway through the course, you'll spend the remainder of your revision time repeating papers. It gets to the point where you don't know if you're answering correctly because you understand it or just because you've answered that question so many times.

Just trying to advise you based on doing my GCSE's this year, as I definitely did all of the past papers too early.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

Thank you very much.

Original post by DaisyTwilight
If I was you, I'd leave this year's exam to be one of the last that you do before your actual exam. There's a limited number of past papers available and so it's best to save the more recent ones until it's closer to your exam.

First of all, the difficulty of the 2016 paper will be the closest to the 2017 paper, and so will give you an accurate representation of what you know and don't. If you waste this paper now and end up with 2012, 2013 past papers to do before your GCSE, you won't get as clear of a view.

Secondly, if you do all of the past papers when you're only halfway through the course, you'll spend the remainder of your revision time repeating papers. It gets to the point where you don't know if you're answering correctly because you understand it or just because you've answered that question so many times.

Just trying to advise you based on doing my GCSE's this year, as I definitely did all of the past papers too early.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much for the advice. These are for my son. He will be starting his year 9 next month however, he is working at the GCSE level. We simply want to see where he needs additional help and practice. By the time he does his GCSE, 2017 papers should be available for him to practice on before his exams.
Thank you very much.

Thank you very much for the advice. These are for my son. He will be starting his year 9 next month however, he is working at the GCSE level. We simply want to see where he needs additional help and practice. By the time he does his GCSE, 2017 papers should be available for him to practice on before his exams.

Note that the specification is due to change, from 2017, to the new 9-1 course, which covers slightly harder material. Edexcel and AQA have released their sample assesment material (AQA, Edexcel [one paper is password protected, here it is]), which you might wish to look at. Of course, the old specs will still be good for general practice, but might not cover all of the topics your son will be doing, and might cover some that your son will not be doing. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by _gcx
Note that the specification is due to change, from 2017, to the new 9-1 course, which covers slightly harder material. Edexcel and AQA have released their sample assesment material (AQA, Edexcel [one paper is password protected, here it is]), which you might wish to look at. Of course, the old specs will still be good for general practice, but might not cover all of the topics your son will be doing, and might cover some that your son will not be doing. :smile:

Understood. Loud and clear. :-) Thank you.
Reply 8
I'll take any and all papers available. :-)

Thanks.
Reply 9
It's ok to have answers. He is pretty good with trying the questions before looking at the answers.

Thanks.
It's ok to have answers. He is pretty good with trying the questions before looking at the answers.

Thanks.

The answers are here under Mathematics A :wink:
Reply 11
Original post by _gcx
The answers are here under Mathematics A :wink:

Thank you very much. Very useful link :-)

Quick Reply

Latest