The Student Room Group

HEO Graduate Interns

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone,

I am new to the thread but I have also got a provisional offer - has anyone else been unable to complete the DBS Scotland form - I cannot get the link to work and they do not seem to be answering my emails - am I missing something obvious about how to complete it?? I have been able to complete the 'next stage' with references and everything but I assume the DBS Scotland form is a separate form?

Thanks everyone!
Reply 121
So BIS is now being split in two!

I had an email a couple of days ago to say I should hear from my new line manager soon with details of where I'll be working. Did you guys get that? Has anyone heard where they'll be? Just wondering if any of us could be moved to the Department for Education if we were going to be put in higher/further education.
Original post by KH23
So BIS is now being split in two!

I had an email a couple of days ago to say I should hear from my new line manager soon with details of where I'll be working. Did you guys get that? Has anyone heard where they'll be? Just wondering if any of us could be moved to the Department for Education if we were going to be put in higher/further education.

I haven't heard anything! The info I needed for my pre-employment checks took ages to get together (references etc) so I only submitted the form last Friday :eek:
Reply 123
Original post by twcr2801
I haven't heard anything! The info I needed for my pre-employment checks took ages to get together (references etc) so I only submitted the form last Friday :eek:

Hopefully you'll find out soon, mine all went through really quickly once I'd finished the forms and stuff :smile:

Turns out I will be in BEIS doing research funding. Anyone else know where they will be?
Reply 124
Hey Guys,

Has your pre-employment check gone through?

Mine is taking quite a while!
Original post by noor94
Hey Guys,

Has your pre-employment check gone through?

Mine is taking quite a while!

yeah mine has and I am just filling out my new starter form from the department.

Mine didn't take too long though (surprisingly) but I hear it's variable for no apparent reason. Have you received your DBS certificate? Did you fill in all the fields needed of you in the onboarding info form?
I'm still waiting for mine to go through. Although mine started late as I only graduated at the end of July so didn't have my degree certificate. Got an email at the start of last week saying they were starting my checks.

Have you guys heard from your line manager yet? I've been told I will be working in the business finance, investment and tax team. I'll be working on May's new proposals to have greater worker representation at board level, and more power for investors to influence CEO's pay. Do you guys know what you'll be doing?
Reply 127
Original post by twcr2801
yeah mine has and I am just filling out my new starter form from the department.

Mine didn't take too long though (surprisingly) but I hear it's variable for no apparent reason. Have you received your DBS certificate? Did you fill in all the fields needed of you in the onboarding info form?

Hey yeah I did get my DBS form and Civil Service Pension forms. But not the onboarding info form. I've still yet to do my new starter form as well because the pre employment checks took quite a while. Do you know what your salary is yet?
Hi everyone,

Just wondered if any other graduate interns have started already? I have not bumped into any other graduate interns yet!
HEO grad interns? Is 'grade inflation' becoming a thing now?
Original post by CivilServe
HEO grad interns? Is 'grade inflation' becoming a thing now?

no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending