The Student Room Group

How to keep well-practiced in A-level Maths?

What's the best way do you think to study for a Maths A-level in one year using a textbook and past papers? I've heard that doing as much practice as you can will really help.I was thinking of going through the whole textbooks of AS, A2 and the applied units, and then past papers. But I thought I would forget the stuff I did at the start by the time I'm onto the past papers.

Would it be best to go through everything twice and then past papers? or just A2 topics twice? Or should I revisit topics every now and then to keep topped up?

Thanks.
Original post by mitgtsr14
What's the best way do you think to study for a Maths A-level in one year using a textbook and past papers? I've heard that doing as much practice as you can will really help.I was thinking of going through the whole textbooks of AS, A2 and the applied units, and then past papers. But I thought I would forget the stuff I did at the start by the time I'm onto the past papers.Would it be best to go through everything twice and then past papers? or just A2 topics twice? Or should I revisit topics every now and then to keep topped up?Thanks.

Or how about you don't rush AS + A2 into a single year. Do everything AS in one year and everything A2 in the second, otherwise you will start forgetting things and wouldn't get as much practice in order to continue onto more sophisticated topics that require complete understanding of previous topics.

EDIT: Though if Maths is the ONLY subject, then I suppose you can do both AS + A2 in one year. I doubt you'd do well in FP modules though if you're taking FM as well.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
The later modules, especially FP modules can consolidate help stuff in earlier modules.

Quick Reply

Latest