The Student Room Group

Help me predict my grade

Could I get a C grade overall?

Say if I got these marks could I get a C overall and can you predict what grade I could get according to the mark for each science?

Biology - 27/60
Chemistry - 30/60
Physics - 17/60

I got an A in the controlled assessment
what exam board and type of science award is this? Is it a double award?
Reply 2
Original post by hillarykeyamo99
what exam board and type of science award is this? Is it a double award?

Edexcel
Higher paper
I sat B1, P1 and C1
ah okay so core science? I did AQA gcse science myself so I'm not 100% sure on boundaries but I can try my best.

I think it would be Cs in chemistry and biology and a D in Physics. With the A in your controlled assessment you should be able to get a C overall yes. However grade boundaries are decided each year based on the paper and how people perform in them generally so please take my suggestions with a pinch of salt!
Original post by JackT2000
Could I get a C grade overall?

Say if I got these marks could I get a C overall and can you predict what grade I could get according to the mark for each science?

Biology - 27/60
Chemistry - 30/60
Physics - 17/60

I got an A in the controlled assessment

I believe I spoke to you in the last thread! :biggrin: Yes, you can get a C with those marks! (I'll confirm with Edexcel's UMS --> Raw converter, using last year's conversion, which may be slightly inaccurate, note.)

Edit:

Using last year's boundaries, which may vary slightly from this year's, but they should remain around the same

Biology - 27/60 --> 49/80 UMS: C
Chemistry - 30/60 --> 48/80 UMS: C
Physics - 17/60 --> 44/80 UMS: D
CA: Assuming borderline [80%] --> 64/80 UMS: A

Total: 205/320, which is overall a C! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by _gcx
I believe I spoke to you in the last thread! :biggrin: Yes, you can get a C with those marks! (I'll confirm with Edexcel's UMS --> Raw converter, using last year's conversion, which may be slightly inaccurate, note.)

Edit:

Using last year's boundaries, which may vary slightly from this year's, but they should remain around the same

Biology - 27/60 --> 49/80 UMS: C
Chemistry - 30/60 --> 48/80 UMS: C
Physics - 17/60 --> 44/80 UMS: D
CA: Assuming borderline [80%] --> 64/80 UMS: A

Total: 205/320, which is overall a C! :smile:

Is it a high overall c or just scraping the boundaries?
Is it a high overall c or just scraping the boundaries?

Low-mid C, because of that D in Physics.
Reply 7
Original post by _gcx
Low-mid C, because of that D in Physics.

Say if I got worse than a D in physics could I still get a C overall as I have my controlled assessment to back me up?
Say if I got worse than a D in physics could I still get a C overall as I have my controlled assessment to back me up?

As I said before, provided you get a grade in Physics (not a U), you should be safe. A U is normally in the single figures, so you should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest