The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mostly_Crazy
So I've managed to keep my mind off of results by keeping busy for the last few weeks, but now I have an empty week... any ideas to stop me spiralling into a bottomless pit of despair?

Watch a TV show called 'Versailles'. It's very good, though a bit OTT on the raunchiness
Original post by TheFroyoBear
Best to get it over with!

I'm sure you'll be okay! You were also Bio NatSci if I remember correctly?
Original post by Mathemagicien
If she succeeds with that, it'll be worth Brexit.

Why not first fix the laughable state of comprehensive schools, and then make schools for people lucky enough to get into them?
Original post by Insight314
Why not first fix the laughable state of comprehensive schools, and then make schools for people lucky enough to get into them?

They should also fix Ofsted criteria - teachers who are outstanding in my school were given 'good' ratings because of silly things like the quality of their marking, which is insignificant in subjects like maths anyway :-/ As a result, my school spent more time concentrating on us doing things like PSHE and responding to teachers' comments instead of using the time to revise, just to please Ofsted.
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
They should also fix Ofsted criteria - teachers who are outstanding in my school were given 'good' ratings because of silly things like the quality of their marking, which is insignificant in subjects like maths anyway :-/ As a result, my school spent more time concentrating on us doing things like PSHE and responding to teachers' comments instead of using the time to revise, just to please Ofsted.

We must never displease our Ofsted overlords.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drandy76
We must never displease our Ofsted overlords.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

On a serious note I think reports can affect a schools funding(?) or can cause an Academy to lose its status, so it makes sense that they brown nose them for a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't think my school had ofsted visit once the whole time I was there lol, but yeah some of the criteria are a bit weird
On a serious note I think reports can affect a schools funding(?) or can cause an Academy to lose its status, so it makes sense that they brown nose them for a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I'm not surprised in that case!

Original post by samb1234
Don't think my school had ofsted visit once the whole time I was there lol, but yeah some of the criteria are a bit weird

Yeah they seem to prioritise relatively insignificant criteria when lots of subjects require many different skills. All students shouldn't be lumped under one style of learning either :-/
Original post by Insight314

That would be ideal. Trouble is, comprehensive schools won't be fixed, because austerity, bureaucracy and privatisation.
Original post by Mostly_Crazy
So I've managed to keep my mind off of results by keeping busy for the last few weeks, but now I have an empty week... any ideas to stop me spiralling into a bottomless pit of despair?

Sure

I've customised this list for your username

Learn maths/programming, its so interesting you will forget entirely about results day
Binge watch David Attenborough documentaries, get nightmares about insects rather than results day
Bake cakes for money, get arrested for not having a permit, spend the week in jail, where you will forget about results day as you try to avoid picking up the soap
Travel to the Calais Jungle and donate more than you bargained for
Break a leg, spend the week in hospital, worried more about catching a superbug than results
Kill someone and spend the week on the run
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Student403
Binge watch a TV show

Original post by Serine Soul
Watch a TV show called 'Versailles'. It's very good, though a bit OTT on the raunchiness

Thanks, I'll have a look!

Original post by Mathemagicien
Sure

I've customised this list for your username

Learn maths/programming, its so interesting you will forget entirely about results day
Binge watch David Attenborough documentaries, get nightmares about insects rather than results day
Bake cakes for money, get arrested for not having a permit, spend the week in jail, where you will forget about results day as you try to avoid picking up the soap
Travel to the Calais Jungle and donate more than you bargained for
Break a leg, spend the week in hospital, worried more about catching a superbug than results
Kill someone and spend the week on the run

I might actually try to learn some programming, I did some a couple of years ago but I've forgotten most of it and it would be good prep for if I take Intro to CompSci...
So it doesn't make sense to appeal STEP (?)

Original post by jneill
He's talking about STEP not A2. The colleges receive the full scripts for STEP anyway.
Original post by krishdesai7
So it doesn't make sense to appeal STEP (?)

Well Zacken said appeals were rare, and I'd think one reason is because the college has the script so they could see any marking problems themselves.

But the fact ATS does allow appeals means that option is ultimately available if necessary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
_20160808_111209.JPG

You have discovered my island!!! My eternal resting place
Original post by krishdesai7
You have discovered my island!!! My eternal resting place

Err no, I've booked the whole island out for myself ty
Err no, I've booked the whole island out for myself ty

That can't be possible since I've had a time share there for August for the past 5 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just came to wish you a good luck before results day. Gonna stalk you all (several weeks before results day I know I know:colondollar:).
Do not stress and stay positive (I mean your charge should be neutral in your cell except the Na- and K+ because of membrane permeability and the slightly negative DNA and neuron potential of -70 mV. What I want to stay is that you should stay neutrally positive in your mind) Sorry I have OCD. I had to say this
Original post by BioOx
Just came to wish you a good luck before results day. Gonna stalk you all (several weeks before results day I know I know:colondollar:).
Do not stress and stay positive (I mean your charge should be neutral in your cell except the Na- and K+ because of membrane permeability and the slightly negative DNA and neuron potential of -70 mV. What I want to stay is that you should stay neutrally positive in your mind) Sorry I have OCD. I had to say this

What does OCD have to do with this? I thought it was just a pretty good (well not too understandable to myself but) bio joke lol
Anyway thank you, and good luck to you too :smile:
That can't be possible since I've had a time share there for August for the past 5 years

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guess who's given them lots and lots of money...

Original post by BioOx

Thanks

This is giving me A2 biology PTSD though :frown:
Original post by C0balt
What does OCD have to do with this? I thought it was just a pretty good (well not too understandable to myself but) bio joke lol
Anyway thank you, and good luck to you too :smile:

I do not have OCD. I am joking
I am just weird and sometimes I have an epiphany when I mention something and that leads to a scientific explanation because I do not want to be misunderstood.

Conclusion: I have the social abilities of a potato. (ALLEGORY)

Latest

Trending

Trending