The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lingard's performances seem to be leaning towards Mourinho trusting him more in that position ahead of Mkhitaryan atm who should be in behind Ibrahimovic but Rooney's not getting dropped anytime soon atlhough I do think Jose will axe him if he continues to be so poor - as usual - in his general play. Hopefully it's pre-season rustiness and with a run of games under a more attacking approach he will perform but atm, he shouldn't be blocking Henrikh's route into the side.

Valencia, well, he's doing a remix of his Rooney partnership in 2010 and you can imagine Zlatan seeking him out more on the right if he delivers crosses like he has so far. Shaw, Bailly impressive yesterday but Pogba's arrival is brilliant as he offers us what we need in midfield.

Wonder whether Jose will revert to a three in midfield rather than a two with Pogba-Carrick/Schneiderlin but he doesn't seem that enamoured with the latter so far. Is he the type of DM he likes (bit too passive, maybe?) or is he hoping Carrick will be enough in a two? Rather prefer a three with Pogba-Carrick-Schneiderlin but the Rooney question probably rules that out.

Like how most pictures of United players after yesterday is with Zlatan, wonder if they queued up to take pictures with him in the dressing room..
Rooney did seem more willing to interchange yesterday, he pull wide past Martial a few times, heatmap suggest that too, although it also suggest we were severely lacking a presence on the right hand side with Lingard coming inside a lot. You go on Whoscored and use their heatmaps to look at the front 4, its worryingly left-hand side heavy.
Mourinho will play 4-2-3-1

So it will be

de Gea
Valencia Smalling Bailly Shaw
Carrick Pogba
Mkhitaryan Rooney Martial
Ibrahimovic*

I prefer Pogba playing behind Ibra (basically drop Rooney) and then Schneiderlin can partner Carrick as cdm.*
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Math12345
Mourinho will play 4-2-3-1

So it will be

de Gea
Valencia Smalling Bailly Shaw
Carrick Pogba
Mkhitaryan Rooney Martial
Ibrahimovic*

I prefer Pogba playing behind Ibra (basically drop Rooney) and then Schneiderlin can partner Carrick as cdm.*

reckon carrick might get dropped for some games when he's tired...hererra will prob come on for pogba in games,pogba playing at no 10 isnt a good idea we want him to make use of use long range shots and energy we waste that playing him at no 10 , plus i dont feel like he'd be our best option instead of rooney as id rather have mkhi there

My ranking/order for no 10s goes like this:

Mhki , Mata,Hererra/Rooney,Pogba(presumeably - never really seen him at 10),Lingard,Fellaini/Peirera,Memphis(Would prefer him wide),Adnan(Tbh he wouldnt even be an option imo)
Original post by scrawlx101
reckon carrick might get dropped for some games when he's tired...hererra will prob come on for pogba in games,pogba playing at no 10 isnt a good idea we want him to make use of use long range shots and energy we waste that playing him at no 10 , plus i dont feel like he'd be our best option instead of rooney as id rather have mkhi there

My ranking/order for no 10s goes like this:

Mhki , Mata,Hererra/Rooney,Pogba(presumeably - never really seen him at 10),Lingard,Fellaini/Peirera,Memphis(Would prefer him wide),Adnan(Tbh he wouldnt even be an option imo)

Depay and Lingard will be subs for Martial and Mkhitaryan. Mata for Rooney.

I agree that Herrera or Schneiderlin will play cdm when Carrick is tired or injured.*

Don't see januzaj or pereira as main players. Probably will be used in cup games.

Fellaini hopefully goes.*
Original post by Math12345
Depay and Lingard will be subs for Martial and Mkhitaryan. Mata for Rooney.

I agree that Herrera or Schneiderlin will play cdm when Carrick is tired or injured.*

Don't see januzaj or pereira as main players. Probably will be used in cup games.

Fellaini hopefully goes.*

lingard play mostly on the right/LW - Martial,young memphis
Guessing everyone's seen this? Adidas showing levels.

https://twitter.com/MUFCScoop/status/762742031752032256
lol at #Pogback? The boys down madison avenue would be so proud
Rk, Kenan are all wellll angry

Ed woodward is bigger than real madrid.
Pogba 50 yard screamer at the Etihad needed.
Who cares if Man Utd spent over £100m ? The point is that they showed the power to be a galactico club and the fact that they can attract the best while playing in the Europa League is only a sign of the future. They are too big to truly fall like Liverpool did. However, I think people expecting CL and multiple league titles will be disappointed.

I am tired of the £100m fee being mentioned as ridiculous, its the market and the market dictates the value.
Pogba basically said his time at Juve was just a holiday lel
Pogba back? Damn son we in there.
Atrocious club tbh, your fanbase is doing a bigger 180 this summer than Phil the Power Taylor.

Most hypocritical ******s on twitter tbh - worse than Arsenal twitter.

#rustled #salty
Original post by Dirtybit
Rk, Kenan are all wellll angry

?
Didn't agree he was worth the reported fee but still gassed nonetheless.

Cant hate another brother.
Reply 2259
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Atrocious club tbh, your fanbase is doing a bigger 180 this summer than Phil the Power Taylor.

Most hypocritical ******s on twitter tbh - worse than Arsenal twitter.

#rustled #salty

Delete yourself

Latest