The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kalambay
Hi guys, do you think it is worth applying for a bank where i did not get fast-tracked after the sw last year (consider it was a place where 60% of the people got fast-tracked). Also, does jpm do tests ? they didn't use to do them for sw level but read somewhere that they do for summer.

Absolutely worth applying for.
Any updates on application openings?
is it useful to name drop junior analysts in an application? I know him pretty well, but not sure how much influence he will have as an analyst.
Original post by econibpe
is it useful to name drop junior analysts in an application? I know him pretty well, but not sure how much influence he will have as an analyst.

Yes, do it. The analysts are going to be the ones sifting cvs anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by olly_price
Any updates on application openings?

Goldman, JP, UBS, Credit Suisse. Any others yet?
Original post by econibpe
Goldman, JP, UBS, Credit Suisse. Any others yet?

Ah, their the ones I already have down lol. Literally just completed the numerical assessment for UBS.
I have already contacted HR but want to see if anyone on here knows:

I applied for JP last year (spring week). When I go to apply for a summer internship I have a form with two questions, one asking me what my predicted grade is and another question, and below those questions is a submit button. Will that button submit my application from last year (since it's saved on the system) or will it take me to the next stage of the application? There is nowhere I can find for me to change my details/CV upload etc.
Reply 467
I have already contacted HR but want to see if anyone on here knows:

I applied for JP last year (spring week). When I go to apply for a summer internship I have a form with two questions, one asking me what my predicted grade is and another question, and below those questions is a submit button. Will that button submit my application from last year (since it's saved on the system) or will it take me to the next stage of the application? There is nowhere I can find for me to change my details/CV upload etc.

I think you're referring to the initial requirement page. If that's the case, when you click submit, it directs you to the rest of the application. Hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 468
Ah, their the ones I already have down lol. Literally just completed the numerical assessment for UBS.

MS for IBD/GCM. Does anyone know why MS has only opened for this division?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Yes, do it. The analysts are going to be the ones sifting cvs anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doubt it, mine was picked out by a VP when I got my SA position.
Original post by Oschene23
Doubt it, mine was picked out by a VP when I got my SA position.

Interesting, CS MD I spoke to said analysts/associates do the screening.

Maybe the recruiting task force is more broad than I thought...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interesting, CS MD I spoke to said analysts/associates do the screening.

Maybe the recruiting task force is more broad than I thought...

Posted from TSR Mobile

The firm I'm at now has someone(VP and above) who screens all CVs from a particular school only. So someone screens all Cambridge, another guy all LSE etc. That's what a director told me but not sure if it's the same throughout the whole firm
Original post by makrxx
The firm I'm at now has someone(VP and above) who screens all CVs from a particular school only. So someone screens all Cambridge, another guy all LSE etc. That's what a director told me but not sure if it's the same throughout the whole firm

Yeah, usually alumni of those schools..

V interesting that it's the senior guys screening CVs, thanks for the info dude

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, usually alumni of those schools..

V interesting that it's the senior guys screening CVs, thanks for the info dude

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is true of me also.

For my SA, apparently my CV was passed round the whole team, from Analysts to the three MDs. And one Analyst in particular liked me a lot - and so did the VP. The VP ended up insisting he was the one interviewing me.
Is Blackrock closed again ?

I am sure it was open last week. what happened there ?
Original post by JogaBonito787

They are no longer hiring this year

jk, but UBS did the same, opened last week but then closed pretty much all schemes apart from some IT and IBD and Ops, spoke to their HR.. said that they are not recruiting in AM S&T etc and I should look to apply for internships
Original post by TheParham
They are no longer hiring this year

What do you mean - I am very confused now and where did you get this info ?

Cause I just did not send the application but it is still there for me under "my applications ?

So do you think there is no point in sending it anymore ?
(edited 7 years ago)
What do you mean - I am very confused now and where did you get this info ?

Cause I just did not send the application but it is still there for me under "my applications ?

So do you think there is no point in sending it anymore ?

Sorry dude my reply was about UBS (who did the same thing), clarified it in my second message. No idea about Blackrock
Reply 479
Original post by TheParham
jk, but UBS did the same, opened last week but then closed pretty much all schemes apart from some IT and IBD and Ops, spoke to their HR.. said that they are not recruiting in AM S&T etc and I should look to apply for internships

You should look to apply for internships applies to final year students??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending