The Student Room Group

Black LIES Matter UK

Scroll to see replies

Theres not much point arguing on here, everyone seems so one track minded on this thread. Oh, and acting like this all happened overnight...lol its been years of unequality. Suddenly one protest and everyone goes crazy. Understand BLM and what Black people go through first.

Then comment later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kurosaki_Ichi
Understand BLM and what Black people go through first.

Then comment later.

Please explain.
Original post by NickLCFC
Please explain.

So, you don't have any info on these two things?
(edited 7 years ago)
So, you don't have any info on these two things?

You're the one making the argument, where's your information?
The main thing I've learnt from BLM is that facts, reality and logic are just tools of the white devils to keep the black man down.

But we shall overcome *
Yet another video highlighting the lack of focus on actual facts. BLM needs to focus on issues that actually affect the black community, for example, high unemployment and crime rates. There's only so much you can blame 'racist white people'.
You're the one making the argument, where's your information?

Theres no point arguing using information that you do not grasp. Then i would be arguing to the air.

Yea, and im also feeling kind of lazy ha.... But the thing i've found is with these kind of threads. Is that people do not look at the whole picture..but i guess thats whats arguing for so here i go.

Lots of racism still exists. Considering how it all came about, you know, colonisation, imperialism...Australia, Africa, America, the Carribean to name a few...Black people just haven't been left alone, including other minorities. They were constantly disturbed and robbed. This is putting it nicely.

So when threads like these come along and attack the Black community for either violence, which is very ironic, or why they so poor, it all dates back. Now, im not saying they are unable to build themselves back up. But after resources being stolen and exploitation, after many years and there still being some of it today. Who can you blame??

And we know how the economy works, if you're hit hard, its gonna be hard to resurface.

But at the same time we dont see threads on here saying why did all this happen to the minorities, and why is there still inequality. It seems that they are still blamed for everything.

So BLM is fighting to raise awareness and bring equality around and such, because in 2016 no one deserves inequality. Particulary police brutality and stuff, but not limited to.

Now, most are going to say, "history isn't relevant, or that happened years ago" erm... Not that long ago. Its also tends to be the minorities with these problems. Who have been treated the worst.

Oh, and White privilege.
(edited 7 years ago)
Theres no point arguing using information that you do not grasp. Then i would be arguing to the air.

What a ridiculous assumption. It sounds more like you don't actually have any 'information' to back up your arguments. You're just throwing around buzzwords and adopting the typical victim-hood status.

Lots of racism still exists.

You're right. It's seems to be much more prevelant outside of the West. As reported by the Washington Post, predominantly white countries are the most racially tolerant countries in the world (particularly the UK):

Considering how it all came about, you know, colonisation, imperialism...Australia, Africa, America, the Carribean to name a few...Black people just haven't been left alone, including other minorities. They were constantly disturbed and robbed. This is putting it nicely.

How has this affected Black British people alive today? Are you honestly suggesting that the colonisation and imperialism that took place ~100-200 years ago directly afffects these people to this day? I just don't think that is a valid argument or excuse. Slavery was pretty much non-existent in the UK and the majority of black people that live here today (and/or their ancestors) would have came here voluntarily.

So when threads like these come along and attack the Black community for either violence, which is very ironic, or why they so poor, it all dates back. Now, im not saying they are unable to build themselves back up. But after resources being stolen and exploitation, after many years and there still being some of it today.

This isn't a thread to attack the black community. It's a thread to dispute the lies and manipulative statistics spread by the BLMUK movement. Once again, black people living in the UK are completely unaffected by colonisation and imperalism. I think it's a pretty absurd argument to make.

Who can you blame?

White people, clearly. White people that had nothing to do with the actions of their ancestors. Maybe it's the attitude of blaming others that is the problem. Maybe it's time for these people to actually take some responsibility for themselves.

But at the same time we dont see threads on here saying why did all this happen to the minorities, and why is there still inequality. It seems that they are still blamed for everything. So BLM is fighting to raise awareness and bring equality around and such, because in 2016 no one deserves inequality. Particulary police brutality and stuff, but not limited to.

You're free to make your own thread mate. You talk about inequality and police brutality but you're not using any facts or statistics to support these statements. These are pretty much non-arguments as far as I'm concerned.

Now, most are going to say, "history isn't relevant, or that happened years ago" erm... Not that long ago. Its also tends to be the minorities with these problems. Who have been treated the worst.

Another non-argument.

Oh, and White privilege.

Personally, I think that white privilege is non-existent in the UK. Please try and prove me otherwise. Can you explain to me why white working class boys are the group least likely to attend university if they're so privileged?
(edited 7 years ago)
What a ridiculous assumption. It sounds more like you don't actually have any 'information' to back up your arguments. You're just throwing around buzzwords and adopting the typical victim-hood status.

You're right. It's seems to be much more prevelant outside of the West. As reported by the Washington Post, predominantly white countries are the most racially tolerant countries in the world (particularly the UK):

How has this affected Black British people alive today? Are you honestly suggesting that the colonisation and imperialism that took place ~100-200 years ago directly afffects these people to this day? I just don't think that is a valid argument or excuse. Slavery was pretty much non-existent in the UK and the majority of black people that live here today (and/or their ancestors) would have came here voluntarily.

This isn't a thread to attack the black community. It's a thread to dispute the lies and manipulative statistics spread by the BLMUK movement. Once again, black people living in the UK are completely unaffected by colonisation and imperalism. I think it's a pretty absurd argument to make.

White people, clearly. White people that had nothing to do with the actions of their ancestors. Maybe it's the attitude of blaming others that is the problem. Maybe it's time for these people to actually take some responsibility for themselves.

You're free to make you're own thread mate. You talk about inequality and police brutality but you're not using any facts or statistics to back it up. These are pretty much non-arguments as far as I'm concerned.

Another non-argument.

Personally, I think that white privilege is non-existent in the UK. Please try and prove me otherwise. Can you explain to me why white working class boys are the group least likely to attend university if they're so privileged?

Many minority groups will say that the west is ripe with institutional racism and discrimination, yet they ignore real and overt racism which is pertinent in non-western countries because they like to appease the leftist victim narrative. This is the same with women's rights. Many feminists will complain about the patriarchy in western society but do nothing to denounce the systemic mistreatment of women and young girls in the Gulf states and Africa. If white men are so hellbent on oppressing their peers, then explain why white-majority countries are the most progressive, diverse and tolerant in the world. Go to China as a black man and then complain about racism. They won't care. Go to India as a black man and then complain about racism. They won't care. As long as the left adheres to their skewed misinterpretation of the world we should accept them as delusional idealists. Take pleasure from the fact that this country won't see another left-wing government for at least another ten years - and that right-wing populism is thriving across Europe.
(edited 7 years ago)

You're free to make your own thread mate. You talk about inequality and police brutality but you're not using any facts or statistics to support these statements. These are pretty much non-arguments as far as I'm concerned.

Another non-argument.

My post wasn't talking about Black British people today... That was just a fraction of what Black people and other miniorites have been through. Which i said that should be understood in my first post.

You asked me to provide info and so i did.

We havent gone on to talk about anything else, my point was talking about BLM and what Black people have been through.

You answered my argument by saying, "you've used no stats and its not about Black British people today".

But that wasn't what my first post was about.

So in response to some of what you said.

White privilege isn't the fact that White people are disadvantaged. Its the fact that when compared to other races, in the same situation, the White community will face the advantage side of it.

The police stop and search stats displays White privilege as it shows White people proportionally aren't stopped as much as Black people.

As do the unemployment compared to White and Black women stat you used.

The simple fact of White privilege, is that to a degree you may be advantaged, socially for being a White person, compared to being any other race. Which to some extent is true. Look at the stereotypes of the world, what are White people branded as? Even though historically, they have been violent.

There was in fact a study that compared the futures of a Black child, and a White child. I've forgotten it...so i guess i cant use it.

Oh, remember Kylie Jenner and her "lip challenge" and her wearing cornrows and saying, "White girls do it better". In society those features were called ugly,
had negative connotations and are features found in black culture. Thats White privilege, because on a White person, those features are deemed as acceptable, fun and edgy. Whilst on a black person - negative. Amandla Steinberg summed it up pretty nicely.....

Slavery did in fact exist in the UK. Slaves were brought over to work in the slave trade, i believe in the port towns in the UK. Even in the 1960s when people were brought into the UK to work, the minorities, from the Carribean for example. In that time it was very racist in the UK, so most likely slave labour and exploitation was a problem for the workers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JohnGreek
Ye well don't let this get in the way of a good protest.

Misleading statistics don't have a good ring to them when you start including all the nuances.

More like "don't let this get in the way of a good riot. And don't forget to loot as well."

Yea, and im also feeling kind of lazy ha.... But the thing i've found is with these kind of threads. Is that people do not look at the whole picture..but i guess thats whats arguing for so here i go.

Lots of racism still exists. Considering how it all came about, you know, colonisation, imperialism...Australia, Africa, America, the Carribean to name a few...Black people just haven't been left alone, including other minorities. They were constantly disturbed and robbed. This is putting it nicely.

So when threads like these come along and attack the Black community for either violence, which is very ironic, or why they so poor, it all dates back. Now, im not saying they are unable to build themselves back up. But after resources being stolen and exploitation, after many years and there still being some of it today. Who can you blame??

And we know how the economy works, if you're hit hard, its gonna be hard to resurface.

But at the same time we dont see threads on here saying why did all this happen to the minorities, and why is there still inequality. It seems that they are still blamed for everything.

So BLM is fighting to raise awareness and bring equality around and such, because in 2016 no one deserves inequality. Particulary police brutality and stuff, but not limited to.

Oh, and White privilege.

Thank you. I couldn't even be bothered

Quick Reply

Latest