The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele health foundation year

Iv'e just firmed Keele to study the health foundation year to progress onto pharmacy. Anyone else doing this course?

Scroll to see replies

Hi , i'm doing health foundation year then progressing onto adult nursing :smile:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Original post by nxh02
Iv'e just firmed Keele to study the health foundation year to progress onto pharmacy. Anyone else doing this course?

Hi I'm doing the same course. Firmed my offer a couple of months ago. Are you local to Staffordshire
Reply 3
Are you guaranteed to get onto pharmacy or do you have to get a certain grade or percentage by the end of the year
Reply 4
Are they to let us in if we miss the entry requirements?
Original post by Umark
Are you guaranteed to get onto pharmacy or do you have to get a certain grade or percentage by the end of the year

Hiya

You need to get 70% to progress onto the MPharm course from the health foundation year.

Samera
Third year pharmacy student at Keele :smile:
Hi, I'm gonna be starting the HFY for medicine, does anyone know how intense our timetable will be?**
Reply 7
hey nxh02, I will e applying in 2017, I was just wondering in how shall I get onto the foundation year fro Pharmacy?
Reply 8
Hey I'll be doin the exact same thing, did you get conditional or unconditional? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by MoVora
Hey I'll be doin the exact same thing, did you get conditional or unconditional? :smile:

this is what they said: "Based on your qualifications, we would consider an application from you for the MPharm with Health Foundation Year programme"

Btw what subjects are you doing?
Reply 10
Original post by Declare
Hi I'm doing the same course. Firmed my offer a couple of months ago. Are you local to Staffordshire

Hey, i just saw this now, no i'm not. i'm hoping to accommodate there. Are you local?
Do you know what date the course starts? i'm pretty sure it's the 1st of sep but i can't find it anywhere.
Reply 11
Original post by Umark

Hi, yeah what samera said :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by MoVora

Hi, i got a conditional, wbu?
Reply 13
Original post by Hannahx139x
Hi , i'm doing health foundation year then progressing onto adult nursing :smile:

Hi, are you a local or accomodating?
Reply 14
Original post by MoVora

Oh and do we have to get a DBS check or anything beforehand? i haven't been given any information reagarding this.
Reply 15
Original post by hsrashid
hey nxh02, I will e applying in 2017, I was just wondering in how shall I get onto the foundation year fro Pharmacy?

Hey, if you go onto the Keele university website, under health foundation year, they provide you with 'entry requirements' and 'how to apply'. You write your personal statement based on what you want to progress onto, you may then be given a interview, if you are successful you will recieve either a conditional or unconditional offer :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Tomasio
Are they to let us in if we miss the entry requirements?

Hi, they may still let you in even if you miss the grades but this is not certain, just what I've come across.
Original post by nxh02
Oh and do we have to get a DBS check or anything beforehand? i haven't been given any information reagarding this.

Yep DBS check, health questionaire and a whole bunch of other documents. They'll all be sent to you from Keele closer to 24th Sep. Don't stress you'll be all prepared to join the course by the time you move in :smile:

Samera
Reply 18
Original post by Daydreamer <3 xx
Yep DBS check, health questionaire and a whole bunch of other documents. They'll all be sent to you from Keele closer to 24th Sep. Don't stress you'll be all prepared to join the course by the time you move in :smile:

Samera

Thanks for answering Samera :smile: i was starting to get a little worried
Original post by nxh02
Thanks for answering Samera :smile: i was starting to get a little worried

I remember the feeling! My to-do list seemed so big and moving in day too close. In the end I didn't need to worry, the documents were sent to me eventually and everything got done in good time. Some things you'll do in the first few days of arriving too.

Samera

Quick Reply

Latest