The Student Room Group

Too late to change university?

I've currently firmed my offer for manchester met, but I'm having second doubts.
I'm looking at changing to bristol.
It's nearer to home, I've got friends there already, the accommodation is cheaper nd my boyfriend will be an hour away as well as that the course offers work based learning, which will be useful in future.

I originally applied to manchester because my then boyfriend was there and then after visiting manchester I really liked it.... and I still like it, and its cheaper all round, but obviously there is the big expensive of coming home and my boyfriend having to drive 3 hours to see me and we'd only see each other a couple times a month because he works abroad a lot of the time.

Is it too late to ring up the universities and asking respectively to be released and would I be accepted?

and more importantly, which one do I go for?
BUMP
Original post by AdorableDrip
I've currently firmed my offer for manchester met, but I'm having second doubts.
It's nearer to home, I've got friends there already, the accommodation is cheaper nd my boyfriend will be an hour away as well as that the course offers work based learning, which will be useful in future.

I originally applied to manchester because my then boyfriend was there and then after visiting manchester I really liked it.... and I still like it, and its cheaper all round, but obviously there is the big expensive of coming home and my boyfriend having to drive 3 hours to see me and we'd only see each other a couple times a month because he works abroad a lot of the time.

Is it too late to ring up the universities and asking respectively to be released and would I be accepted?

Ring Bristol and ask about the possibility. Without knowing that there is no decision to be made. Given that you haven't provided any details about your course or qualifications, how do you expect any of us to comment on your chances?
u rejected bristol for mmu?
hahahahahahah
Original post by ageshallnot
Ring Bristol and ask about the possibility. Without knowing that there is no decision to be made. Given that you haven't provided any details about your course or qualifications, how do you expect any of us to comment on your chances?

I rang them and I've sent them my old course specification (I had a foundation year in psychology) Just hoping
ummm.. no, no I didn't.

I think you'd have to go into clearing to be able to apply for Bristol at this point. I'm not sure if it's too late to ask to be released now (you might have to wait until results day) but there's no harm in phoning them early and finding out.
(BUT i read that you should make sure you don't use words like release/reject/similar because they all have slightly different meanings. just explain the situation to them and they will help you sort it)

However, make sure it's definitely what you want. Considering part of your reason for choosing Manchester was a boyfriend you're no longer with, make sure that choosing a uni closer to your new boyfriend is something that you truly will still want even after 3 years if you're not together anymore.

Considering Bristol and MMU at the same time? Seriously? What are your grades like?
Original post by wickedisgood
I think you'd have to go into clearing to be able to apply for Bristol at this point. I'm not sure if it's too late to ask to be released now (you might have to wait until results day) but there's no harm in phoning them early and finding out.
(BUT i read that you should make sure you don't use words like release/reject/similar because they all have slightly different meanings. just explain the situation to them and they will help you sort it)

However, make sure it's definitely what you want. Considering part of your reason for choosing Manchester was a boyfriend you're no longer with, make sure that choosing a uni closer to your new boyfriend is something that you truly will still want even after 3 years if you're not together anymore.

My boyfriend isn't that much of a big decider, after thinking about it bristol seems like the much more logical decision really for my situation. Another factor is my uncle is terminally ill, and I don't want to be in the position that I'm 5+ hours away if anything happens and I'd rather be closer to my family and friends in general.
Original post by Geromi912
Considering Bristol and MMU at the same time? Seriously? What are your grades like?

I did a foundation degree because the course I did at college isn't compatible with what I want to study now.
Is this Bristol or UWE...
Original post by alexp98
Is this Bristol or UWE...

UWE, sorry I wrote it in a rush haha

Quick Reply

Latest