The Student Room Group

Could someone please rate my tinder for me?/Am I unattractive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VladThe1mpaler
starting to think the bio might be the biggest issue here...

some specifics on what is bad??

Ignore the doubters, remember this short ass mofo is a sexual beast

How about this:

"regular gig-goer, king of the spotify playlist and also a student of events in *****. I play the guitar (not just wonderwall) and even have a sing-song in public occasionally"

Well if someone says they are an aspiring singer/ songwriter/ musician, the first thing I'm going to think is that the guy is poor. The second thing I'm going to think is that he doesn't have any real career ambitions or plans which is a big turn off. Secondly your bio is very soppy and saccharin-ish. This would put me off because you come across as you would get emotionally attached too easily and get clingy which would put me off for a second reason.

I understand that you probably think you're trying to be romantic but it wouldn't do for me personally, if you play an instrument that's cool but just say it as a hobby or interest
Original post by Betelgeuse-
U look fine, no worries but the problem is you are competing with guys like me on there. You are fine and all but this my tinder pic.

No offense but you cant compete.. i am meeting hundreds of females a month of there 24/5 .. I reckon my illegitimate children could fill a creche twice over

Sorry

I know this post is sarcastic and all, but just for your own knowledge, as someone attracted to males, I would have swiped left because that picture tells me you either a) want sex only or b) too superficial.

As for the OP, I would get rid of this picture: https://i.imgur.com/4PIwXUJ.jpg and then you're good to go! :biggrin:
How about this:

"regular gig-goer, king of the spotify playlist and also a student of events in *****. I play the guitar (not just wonderwall) and even have a sing-song in public occasionally"

Your other one was better, less cheesy and this seems slightly passive-aggressive. You don't need to write an essay about yourself because you get to know people in a 1-to-1 way rather than acting as if you're a product on sale. Keep it short so she knows your general interests and don't think too much.
Not ideal if you want to bang many chicks on the first encounter, but you seem like a genuine guy who is likely to attract affectionate girls who have a long-term thing in mind, so there's some kind of benefit here, in my opinion.
Original post by TiernanW
I know this post is sarcastic and all, but just for your own knowledge, as someone attracted to males, I would have swiped left because that picture tells me you either a) want sex only or b) too superficial.

As for the OP, I would get rid of this picture: https://i.imgur.com/4PIwXUJ.jpg and then you're good to go! :biggrin:

What if the girl is really interested in fitness and wants you to er ''spot'' her while she squats? :wink:
haha guys i wanted everyone to have the same opinion to make this easy, who could have guessed that different people would have different opinions on the matter...?
Original post by glebp
Not ideal if you want to bang many chicks on the first encounter, but you seem like a genuine guy who is likely to attract affectionate girls who have a long-term thing in mind, so there's some kind of benefit here, in my opinion.

i've never considered myself attractive enough for regular casual sex
Original post by Prince of Punani
What if the girl is really interested in fitness and wants you to er ''spot'' her while she squats? :wink:

Well maybe a girl into fitness would feel that way; I don't really know to be honest because that's not me. Haha. :tongue: Though ab pictures just put me off guys on Tinder. Confidence is good, but I just think abs tell me that you think a little too much of yourself.

Sometimes looks aren't everything. Some women dismiss the physical aspect and look for other traits. But in this day and age, it is quite rare. Keep in mind that personality > looks in most cases, unless you're fugly, which you're not.

it seems to be in quite poor spirits to view having a relationship as being only a consolation to having a relationship
Original post by TiernanW
Well maybe a girl into fitness would feel that way; I don't really know to be honest because that's not me. Haha. :tongue: Though ab pictures just put me off guys on Tinder. Confidence is good, but I just think abs tell me that you think a little too much of yourself.

Nah she'll be like, ''please daddy help my into these skin-tight leggings and then I wanna have a go with your barbell'' :puppyeyes:

and you'll know exactly what she means by barbell...
Original post by Betelgeuse-
U look fine, no worries but the problem is you are competing with guys like me on there. You are fine and all but this my tinder pic.

No offense but you cant compete.. i am meeting hundreds of females a month of there 24/5 .. I reckon my illegitimate children could fill a creche twice over

Sorry

I cannot emphasise enough how much I'd swipe left.

I know that pic isn't even yours, but it's hilarious how you guys think that's attractive :redface:
Original post by Prince of Punani
it seems to be in quite poor spirits to view having a relationship as being only a consolation to having a relationship

nah that's not what i meant, i would prefer a relationship but if a girl was interested in only casual sex then i wouldn't say no to that. I have just never considered myself attractive enough for regular casual sex and assumed this was the reason why it has never been something i have participated in.
I must have swiped right to almost every woman who wasn't extremely unattractive and yet i still have basically no matches..
Original post by Twinpeaks
I cannot emphasise enough how much I'd swipe left.

I know that pic isn't even yours, but it's hilarious how you guys think that's attractive :redface:

Some girls genuinely want casual sex, so it makes sense to filter out those who don't. I do agree that pic isn't as breathtakingly beautiful as a lot of guys think, but the point still remains.
I think your photos , apart from the one with the three of you are fine. They could perhaps be brighter though, but your face is visible enough. Perhaps if you describe yourself a little bit more? For an example you could say something like; Male student 21 , 5FT 11 In tall, Medium build, based in Luton. Great sense of humour. Enjoys music, especially making /playing my own, horror films, rainy days and Chinese food. Would love to hear from a slim, dark haired female with similar interests. That way people reading it will straight away know if your criteria meets theirs and vice versa.
I'm ready for the brutal honesty.

Basically, I met my most recent girlfriend on tinder and we broke up fairly recently. Now I've got Tinder back again and I really want to meet someone new

It's been 6 months since i last used it but i could remember my profile and I feel these new pictures are much better than the last ones. However, i have had the app back for a couple of days now and had only a couple of matches. I'm sure I had more matches than this by now so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

These are my pictures in this order:

https://imgur.com/a/2oSZD

My bio reads:

"wannabe singer/songwriter pursuing a solo career. Willing to learn the 3 chords of Wonderwall for someone who is worth that kind of effort. Looking for someone to make my two-person halloween costumes a reality"

Basically i would just like brutal honesty on my pictures/attractiveness and my bio to try and see how I can get more matches.

Don't be shy, I have thick skin!

Your profile is witty, but several of those photographs are virtually interchangeable—a fatal error given how little time one has to impress one's target-audience—and the last makes you look about fifteen.

Keep the first, second, fifth and sixth; but try to tell a story with the others.

Have you got a pet you could mention? Or reference a slightly obscure line from a film you like? If she picks up on it then it looks like you could have similar taste in film.

Maybe put in a line about your job - don't put something boring and simple like.. "i'm an architect" instead write something like "I get to fulfil my child dream of drawing for a living" (a bit lame, maybe something a bit more creative but my brain has shut off for the night) but it makes them want to ask you, hence she will swipe right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending