The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CaitlinN15
Am I the only one who's firm and insurance are the exact same offers? This terrifies me because I feel like if I don't get in my firm then there's no chance my insurance will take me either :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in the same position! I only got 3 offers (applied for a very competitive course), and they all required the same grades. The 2 uni's I got rejected from had lower grades and one of them would have been my insurance. It puts so much pressure on for next week. :frown:
Original post by Cari98
I just cannot. 9 days. 5 hours. w. t. f.

I never realised how close it was until now....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
I never realised how close it was until now....

Posted from TSR Mobile

It actually makes me want to flee the country

They'd probably post me the results then, or text me them, or send them by carrier pigeon. There is no escape.
Original post by Cari98
What texts did you study? And how'd you find the exam?:biggrin:

I did WJEC Eng lit too! Yay!!
Original post by LPauling
Any Durham hopefuls here?

Yes, hi :smile: What course are you doing and what grades do you need?

Original post by SH0405
No, but I do remember having the pulled pork at University College on an open day. It was sublime.

If I get into Durham, University will be my college :smile:
I get my results at 6am, which means I can't look at track before I get my results. Not sure if that's better or worse! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by connieiscrazy
Yes, hi :smile: What course are you doing and what grades do you need?

If I get into Durham, University will be my college :smile:

Chemistry Hild bede you?
Original post by Cari98
What texts did you study? And how'd you find the exam?:biggrin:

Original post by academia153
I did WJEC Eng lit too! Yay!!

For AS I did Plath and Hughes for the poetry section and Tom Stoppard's Arcadia for the play.

For A2 I did Blake's Songs of Innocence and Experience for the poetry and Shakespeare's King Lear and Sophocles' Oedipus Rex.

I enjoyed A2 way more than AS because I think I understood the content way more, even though Arcadia is now one of my favourite dramas!

What did you both study and how did you find it?
Original post by MessyEffy
For AS I did Plath and Hughes for the poetry section and Tom Stoppard's Arcadia for the play.

For A2 I did Blake's Songs of Innocence and Experience for the poetry and Shakespeare's King Lear and Sophocles' Oedipus Rex.

I enjoyed A2 way more than AS because I think I understood the content way more, even though Arcadia is now one of my favourite dramas!

What did you both study and how did you find it?

Ah, very interesting! Well, i'm new spec so I did Bronte's Jane Eyre and Williams' Streetcar Named Desire for my Unit 1, and Duffy's Mean Time and Larkin's Whitsun Weddings for my Poetry unit.

The exams were definitely harder than the specimen papers and I feel the unexpected nature of the questions inhibited me from showing my top-draw essay writing ability... But then with English you never know for sure!
When do they release mark schemes and examiner reports?
Is it like, the day before results day?

I'M VERY VERY WORRIEEEEEED :'(
(edited 7 years ago)
It's so bad

I often sit there, daydreaming about my firm uni, then snap out of it, realising there's a high chance I won't even be going there
Original post by Serine Soul
It's so bad

I often sit there, daydreaming about my firm uni, then snap out of it, realising there's a high chance I won't even be going there

That's exactly what I do man, tough times 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medic_12345
That's exactly what I do man, tough times 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't really help that Cambridge is bloody gorgeous does it?

I follow a twitter account that posts pics of the different colleges etc and I see them every time I scroll down my feed

It's like torture ;_;
(edited 7 years ago)
From Christ's College

Ayyyyy downing here
Original post by Pinocchiolewis
That sucks :/ From looking at unofficial mark schemes I think I've got around 50-55 so I don't think an A* is possible unless the grade boundaries are insanely low ahaha

:frown: let's just hope we both get into university.. that's all i really care about anymore.
Original post by Serine Soul
Doesn't really help that Cambridge is bloody gorgeous does it?

I follow a twitter account that posts pics of the different colleges etc and I see them every time I scroll down my feed

It's like torture ;_;

Exactly! 😩 I stayed at Christ's for a week last summer and just fell in love with the place, will be proper gutted if I don't make it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lfcrules
Ayyyyy downing here

Awesome, for medicine too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did someone say earlier that mark schemes have been released? Has anyone got the ocr a2 biology ones by any chance
Original post by LPauling
Any Durham hopefuls here?

yh for PPE
Exactly! 😩 I stayed at Christ's for a week last summer and just fell in love with the place, will be proper gutted if I don't make it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will be too if I don't make it :cry2:

Best of luck!

Quick Reply