The Student Room Group

What do you do for money at university?

Okay, so I'm just wondering what jobs legal or illegal you do / have done whilst at university - I think it will be really interesting to hear about because I know I have had a fair share of horrible part time jobs while at uni...

So if you've been a...
- Waitress
- Sales assistant
- Tutor
- Stripper
- Dealer

etc, the list goes on I'd like to know and how you felt doing the job

x
I'm lucky in that I live in a cheap city for students and get a good amount of student finance that I didn't need to get a job. But any time I wanted a bit of extra money without the commitment of getting a job I just did dog sitting.
I was slangin dope and pimpin hoes part time. I am not proud of those days.
Reply 3
I work in the SU & trap but I started before Uni anyway.
Reply 4
"Borrow" off my parents
if you have any sort of reputation to maintain i certainly wouldnt become a stripper
Reply 6
Have a look into Matched Betting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by JP298
Have a look into Matched Betting

Posted from TSR Mobile

During my second year of Sixth form, Matched betting made me over £500. When you consider I spent about 10mins a day on it, is pretty great tbh.

More people need to try matched betting, it's a paid service but even on the free trial you can make upto £40 for free.
Reply 8
I work part time as a mental health advocate. Prior to that position I did some sessional mentoring work with looked after children. I have aimed to prioritise filling in the gaps of experience relevant within my field of study.
A professional hoe!!!
Original post by ludd-sama
I was slangin dope and pimpin hoes part time. I am not proud of those days.

You inspire me. I'm about to start uni and was thinking of ways I could make money. I can't believe this never occurred to me before.
Original post by kyrawill
Okay, so I'm just wondering what jobs legal or illegal you do / have done whilst at university - I think it will be really interesting to hear about because I know I have had a fair share of horrible part time jobs while at uni...

So if you've been a...
- Waitress
- Sales assistant
- Tutor
- Stripper
- Dealer

x

I haven't been to university (the course I need is international and comes with a lot of associated costs)
one of my friends ran a sales business in university that focused on his interest so he was buying and selling DVDs and gaming stuff mostly but you can tweak it to your own interests I have met quite a few people in university who would sell jewellery, watches, makeup, cars, bikes and luxury clothes even
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kyrawill

So if you've been a...
- Waitress
- Sales assistant
- Tutor
- Stripper
- Dealer

x

Hello :smile:

Interesting question, I like it :curious:

For myself, during First Year I didn't have to do anything for extra money - student finance was enough to support me throughout the entire year. However, every now and again, "The Bank of Parents" had to be used. During Second Year my student finance dropped and my parents supported me again but during this summer and Third Year, I have a part time job with hours that work around my course.

Thank you for the interesting question! :gthumb:
Reply 13
I didn't need a job SF was enough.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending