The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

halls

best halls for sociability at NTU, I will be studying business studies in the city centre?
Original post by tmallinder
best halls for sociability at NTU, I will be studying business studies in the city centre?

Hi tmallinder,

Sociability wise, I think you can't really go wrong if you are with other first-year students. Everyone in the first week or two will want to chat to new people and make new friends.Currently, we only have two halls of residences available due to the others being fully booked; The Maltings and Meridian Court. These are both about a 15/20 minute bus journey to the City site - however you do get a free bus pass to get to and from uni!

If you chose these halls you would be sharing with up to 9 other people (which is a great way to get to know people), and both residences are shared kitchen/bathroom (although you do get your own wash basin in your room). If you are interested in finding more about these residences, I will leave links below so you can find out more:

Meridian Court
The Maltings

If you do want to be closer the City site, there are private halls as well. Although I advise you to check on a few things before booking:

1. Check that there’s pastoral support available to offer you help if you need it.
2. Check that you’ll be placed with first years.
3. Check that you will not be held to your contract if you don't get the grades needed to go to NTU.
4. Ensure that the first termly deposit is not before your student finance comes in, and if it is make sure you have the funds to pay it!

I hope this helps with your search, and if you have any more questions just let me know!

Thanks,

Ellen
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi tmallinder,

Sociability wise, I think you can't really go wrong if you are with other first-year students. Everyone in the first week or two will want to chat to new people and make new friends.Currently, we only have two halls of residences available due to the others being fully booked; The Maltings and Meridian Court. These are both about a 15/20 minute bus journey to the City site - however you do get a free bus pass to get to and from uni!

If you chose these halls you would be sharing with up to 9 other people (which is a great way to get to know people), and both residences are shared kitchen/bathroom (although you do get your own wash basin in your room). If you are interested in finding more about these residences, I will leave links below so you can find out more:

Meridian Court
The Maltings

If you do want to be closer the City site, there are private halls as well. Although I advise you to check on a few things before booking:

1. Check that there’s pastoral support available to offer you help if you need it.
2. Check that you’ll be placed with first years.
3. Check that you will not be held to your contract if you don't get the grades needed to go to NTU.
4. Ensure that the first termly deposit is not before your student finance comes in, and if it is make sure you have the funds to pay it!

I hope this helps with your search, and if you have any more questions just let me know!

Thanks,

Ellen

Thanks so much for your very helpful reply but I am gutted as cannot understand how most are already fully booked as how do most people already know their results? It really limits my chances now of getting into halls which now really puts me off NTU as my insurance choice

Will there really be no opportunity for other halls, such as Gill St and Byron Residence?
Thanks again so much for you very comprehensive response
Thanks so much for your very helpful reply but I am gutted as cannot understand how most are already fully booked as how do most people already know their results? It really limits my chances now of getting into halls which now really puts me off NTU as my insurance choice

Will there really be no opportunity for other halls, such as Gill St and Byron Residence?
Thanks again so much for you very comprehensive response

Hi tmallinder,

Students who have put us as their first choice are allowed to book NTU halls.However, due to availability, students who have chosen us as our insurance aren't able to.

There is a chance that Byron/Gill Street rooms will become available during clearing (with students not making the results needed etc.) To book accommodation, Students from results day onwards will have to fill in a form with their preference of halls. The accommodation team will then assign the rooms on a first-come first-serve basis. However, our halls fill up quickly, so if we become fully booked, we have connections with private halls and we will start to assign students into rooms there.

So there is a chance you will get a Byron room/Gill Street room, however it all depends how quickly you fill out there form. There is also the risk that you won't.

If you would like any more information on this procedure, just let me know!

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 4
Hi tmallinder,

Students who have put us as their first choice are allowed to book NTU halls.However, due to availability, students who have chosen us as our insurance aren't able to.

There is a chance that Byron/Gill Street rooms will become available during clearing (with students not making the results needed etc.) To book accommodation, Students from results day onwards will have to fill in a form with their preference of halls. The accommodation team will then assign the rooms on a first-come first-serve basis. However, our halls fill up quickly, so if we become fully booked, we have connections with private halls and we will start to assign students into rooms there.

So there is a chance you will get a Byron room/Gill Street room, however it all depends how quickly you fill out there form. There is also the risk that you won't.

Thanks,

Thanks so much Ellen that's so helpful. Where will I access this form please? Also it is a bit of a worry to me as I want to be in University Halls of Residence with other students and definitely do not want to go into private halls as I know people who have done that at other unis and been lonely/not made friends.
[QUOTE="tmallinder;66824236"]
Hi tmallinder,

Thanks,

Thanks so much Ellen that's so helpful. Where will I access this form please? Also it is a bit of a worry to me as I want to be in University Halls of Residence with other students and definitely do not want to go into private halls as I know people who have done that at other unis and been lonely/not made friends.

Hi tmallinder,

No problem! The form will go live at around 7 am on Thursday 18th August (results day). You should find it by visiting our accommodation page on our website:

www.ntu.ac.uk/accommodation

You will only be placed in private accommodation if all our Halls of residence are full up. So if you get in there early, then you will be more likely to get one of our Halls of residence!

If you have any more questions, please just let me know :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 6
[QUOTE="University;66825734" Nottingham="Nottingham" Trent="Trent"]

Hi tmallinder,

No problem! The form will go live at around 7 am on Thursday 18th August (results day). You should find it by visiting our accommodation page on our website:

www.ntu.ac.uk/accommodation

You will only be placed in private accommodation if all our Halls of residence are full up. So if you get in there early, then you will be more likely to get one of our Halls of residence!

If you have any more questions, please just let me know :h:

Thanks,

Thanks again, very helpful. Only problem is that the limited number of hall places is really affecting whether or not I want to keep NTU as my insurance which is a shame because I really like it and it has an excellent reputation for business degrees! And employability. The problem is I would not want Meridian or the Maltings or private halls so not sure what to do now!

Ellen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending