The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serine Soul
I will be too if I don't make it :cry2:

Best of luck!

Good luck to you too!! God willing we both make it! :smile:
Original post by Alexa17
I'm in the same position! I only got 3 offers (applied for a very competitive course), and they all required the same grades. The 2 uni's I got rejected from had lower grades and one of them would have been my insurance. It puts so much pressure on for next week. :frown:

:frown:(( what course/unis may I ask? It's awful isn't it... if one was lower I would feel so much better but for me it's just making it worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applying for Imperial College Maths, my offer is one grade higher than the standard offer as my MAT grade (51) was kinda low for Imperial. My offer is A*A*A* in Maths, Further Maths and Physics. I did Maths last year, and got an A*, this year I've done Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I think I've made my offer but not completely sure. My Further Maths is definitely an A* as I checked my answers with friends and tsr. I can't tell how well I did on one of the physics exams so kinda worried about that but the other two parts should be close to full ums. I think my chemistry will be on the A/A* boundary. Although they have asked for an A* in physics, if I got an A* in Chemistry and missed out by a couple of marks in Physics, would they still let me in? Would I have to ring? Any opinions or help will be appreciated.
Original post by notanooblol
Applying for Imperial College Maths, my offer is one grade higher than the standard offer as my MAT grade (51) was kinda low for Imperial. My offer is A*A*A* in Maths, Further Maths and Physics. I did Maths last year, and got an A*, this year I've done Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I think I've made my offer but not completely sure. My Further Maths is definitely an A* as I checked my answers with friends and tsr. I can't tell how well I did on one of the physics exams so kinda worried about that but the other two parts should be close to full ums. I think my chemistry will be on the A/A* boundary. Although they have asked for an A* in physics, if I got an A* in Chemistry and missed out by a couple of marks in Physics, would they still let me in? Would I have to ring? Any opinions or help will be appreciated.

You could try ringing, but none of us can say for certain. It's worth bearing in mind, however, that they'll have had your results (not UMS marks though) for a few days before you'll have got them so they'll have had plenty of time to come to a decision.
Original post by usycool1
You could try ringing, but none of us can say for certain. It's worth bearing in mind, however, that they'll have had your results (not UMS marks though) for a few days before you'll have got them so they'll have had plenty of time to come to a decision.

Oh really, I didn't realise that, thank you. So if I got like 89 ums in physics and 95 ums in maths and further maths, would this change how they view my results. Does ums matter or is it just the grades? It would be awful to miss out by a couple of marks in physics.
Original post by MessyEffy
For AS I did Plath and Hughes for the poetry section and Tom Stoppard's Arcadia for the play.

For A2 I did Blake's Songs of Innocence and Experience for the poetry and Shakespeare's King Lear and Sophocles' Oedipus Rex.

I enjoyed A2 way more than AS because I think I understood the content way more, even though Arcadia is now one of my favourite dramas!

What did you both study and how did you find it?

I had The Kraken for poetry:s-smilie: and then Capote's In Cold Blood and Diane Samuel's Kindertransport...can't say I enjoyed any of them!:colondollar:
Just out of curiosity...

Is there anyway to start a course at one University from year one and then go to another to start the same course at year 2 ?

Can it be done or is this just nonsense?
Original post by the.chantele
Does anyone know anyone who has been accepted at uni for not having the entry requirement subject shown at their website? (just curious)

Well I've not been accepted yet (fingers crossed) but was confused the other day when I refreshed myself with the stuff on my course and saw that the standard offer listed on their website had changed from A*AA to A*A*A. Not sure what that's about

Edit: Just realised I completely missed the word "subject" when I read what you put, ignore me 😂
(edited 7 years ago)
Can you all believe I turned down an unconditional offer from the University of Birmingham HAHAHAHA whose an idiot sandwich? I AM
Original post by somevirtualguy
Well I've not been accepted yet (fingers crossed) but was confused the other day when I refreshed myself with the stuff on my course and saw that the standard offer listed on their website had changed from A*AA to A*A*A. Not sure what that's about

That will be the university updating their entry requirements for 2017 applicants.
Original post by hudamh
Can you all believe I turned down an unconditional offer from the University of Birmingham HAHAHAHA whose an idiot sandwich? I AM

I feel the same about not firming an offer that would have been unconditional. But I suppose you must have had a reason for it - you preferred somewhere else? Life is about risk... :cry:
Good luck for results day, if you got an unconditional from Birmingham I'm sure you are capable of great things. :yep:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
I feel the same about not firming an offer that would have been unconditional. But I suppose you must have had a reason for it - you preferred somewhere else? Life is about risk... :cry:
Good luck for results day, if you got an unconditional from Birmingham I'm sure you are capable of great things. :yep:

Yeah, I firmed an offer from a more highly ranked university. It was cerainly risky and I still believe I made the right decision, although it's becoming increasingly difficult to accept that. Thank you for that, I'm sure you are too :smile:
Original post by Joejj2183
Yeah, but 4B 15 markers were definitely a lot more harsh for me :s I dont remember exactly but regret not putting down the critiques of conservatives on feminism :/ but i did talk about liberal, third wave feminism and islam critiques on feminism, dont think i did particularly well on that question..

I don't think I alluded to all of the ideologies explicitly in that question, if that makes sense? :lol: I used a conservative critique but didn't label it as conservative for some reason... Well, you included three critiques and I think that sounds great. :yep:
Good luck for results day soon! :tongue:
Original post by hudamh
Yeah, I firmed an offer from a more highly ranked university. It was cerainly risky and I still believe I made the right decision, although it's becoming increasingly difficult to accept that. Thank you for that, I'm sure you are too :smile:

I'm (hopefully) starting law in September too - I'm guessing you are too from the gavel in your picture. :tongue: May I ask which uni you firmed? :smile:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
I'm (hopefully) starting law in September too - I'm guessing you are too from the gavel in your picture. :tongue: May I ask which uni you firmed? :smile:

Yes, well spotted! Good choice :wink: I firmed Durham, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PedanticStudent
Don't worry for worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.

Honestly, what will be will be. Worrying yourself sick will change nothing, all our fates will be sealed by now. Try to stop thinking of it by occupying your wandering mind with something. :yes:

I was terrible before nearly all of my exams. Must've had about 3 or 4 hours of sleep the nights prior. Exercise and not revising anywhere near sleeping time are essential in my view.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by PQ
Drugs

Piriton is amazing for making you drowzy enough for a good night's sleep (well I find it is).

My OH uses natrasleep or 5HTP.

A bit of chemical assistance to get the sleep you need when your brain is working against you is fine.

Or alternatively I find listening to the radio on a low volume is often enough to distract me but not engage me so I can drop off (radio 4 Gardeners Question Time is my favourite at the moment - it's not boring but it's not exciting enough to keep me awake so with a dark room and 45 minutes I'll usually be gone before it finishes).

I've known some people who swear by listening to ASMR videos to get them to sleep - might be worth a try if it's getting to be an issue.

Hi :smile: thank you both for such a thorough response, I appreciate it! I have tried the typical YouTube 'insomnia videos' but to no avail - many thanks for the piriton recommendation, I'll definitely tell my mam to get some ASAP. I'm usually fine with results but these results mean a lot more than anything I've received in the past. Despite knowing worrying isn't going to change my results, I just can't help reliving every exam on an evening - ugh. Not long to go I guess.

Cheers!
Uggh this is so nerve-wracking, but no worse than waiting for BMAT results.
so... Unis got results yet?
Original post by MrSplash
so... Unis got results yet?

Nope. They'll get them the weekend before results.
Original post by Cadherin
Uggh this is so nerve-wracking, but no worse than waiting for BMAT results.

Do not mention the name of that wretched test on this thread. :afraid:

:tongue:*

Quick Reply

Latest