The Student Room Group

Most famous person you've ever met?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by childofthesun
Kim K

Americas version of royalty, is she as irritating in person as the news would have one believe?
Original post by SuperHuman98
I have walked past a few internet celebs before :/

Aye my Mrs keeps pointing these people out to me when we're in London or the like... I must confess i've yet to know a single one :tongue:
Jeremy Corbyn and Jon McDonnell, at a public meeting, where I got a selfie with them
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Martin Freeman, Mark Gatiss, Matthew Lewis and Ben Miller - a weird bunch but all very lovely people!

You met Martin Freeman and Mark Gatiss, feeling kinda envious :colondollar:

Spoiler

Michael Foale - Astronaut lol
Ali Dawah
Original post by samirahbegum
Derek Landy (author of the Skulduggery Pleasant series) although I guess he isn't crazily famous. He was really nice and funny :biggrin:

Aw man, I would love to meet him! I've read all the skulduggery books about 5 times :biggrin:.

I haven't really met anyone famous, but i guess I did meet Saira Khan once :redface:
I saw Peter Hitchens in the train from King's Cross to Cambridge. He was sitting right next to me on the opposite row. Oh, and a Made in Chelsea character in Chelsea, I have forgotten his name. :colonhash:
Original post by Napp
As in spoken to/shook hands with/shot the breeze etc. etc. not saw through a window at 600ft.. :tongue:

Personally the HRH Queen Elizabeth II :smile: and Tony Blair if that perfidious rotter counts...

Will Smith at the opening of one of his films on Broad St I think it was,in 2003/4

Wasn't arsed or elated like most are when they see a filmstar

Also Sarah Lancashire (Raquel in Coronation St & That police drama on BBC1) she came into a shop my cousin owned in Manchester and some **** shouted you look fitter on TV she just smirked & bought some milk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by SMEGGGY
Will Smith at the opening of one of his films on Broad St I think it was,in 2003/4

Wasn't arsed or elated like most are when they see a filmstar

Also Sarah Lancashire (Raquel in Coronation St & That police drama on BBC1) she came into a shop my cousin owned in Manchester and some **** shouted you look fitter on TV she just smirked & bought some milk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! What's he like?
Indeed you see people going nuts if they get near some celebs or the like screaming/shouting/jumping around ... never quite got that...
john challis, who played boycie in only fools
I know people who work with celebraty but not the celebrities themselves
Kate Middleton :love:
Original post by Serine Soul
Brian Cox lol

Do you mean the actor or the Physicist? I LOVE Brian the scientist. He replied to a Tweet of mine once. I ran around the living room like a mad teenager [i'm 48 and should know better at my age]. Then he came to Ireland to give a talk at University College Dublin. He had just started speaking and I felt really ill,as if I was going to faint. I had had nothing to eat since 6 o'clock that morning and my blood sugar levels had crashed. Went to the canteen ,had a sandwich and a can of coke and slipped back in to my seat. But by then the talk was half over. I was so disappointed.
Eric Bristow
Original post by mercuryman
Ali Dawah
What did u talk about? :colone: :tongue:
Prince Harry came to some event my school was at. Talked to him. Sort of.

And I'm seeing Peter Kay more and more frequently in town if that counts.
Original post by StuddedBong08
Eric Bristow

Nice avatar btw
I met Peter André when he did a book signing at my local ASDA.
I met Jack Laugher (Olympic diver) when all the athletes came home after 2012.
Original post by fatima1998
met God :colondollar:
was a great experience :cute:

Interesting
Original post by ODES_PDES
Nice avatar btw

Thanks Bro! :biggrin:
Yours is pretty interesting too :smile:
When I was a professional dancer at the Moulin Rouge in Paris we did a fair bit of television work, often with celebrities. We did a live TV spectacular, shown on French TV with Sacha Distel. For the photo shoot afterwards he pinched me on the arse. Cheeky old git. There is a famous racing driver [was] called Paul Belmondo. He is the son of the actor Jean Paul Belmondo. He appeared on the Moulin Rouge stage with us all and his racing car. We were photographed in Paris Match magazine. Sadly I never got a copy of the magazine my photo was in. But the exact same photo appeared in a published book about the Moulin Rouge and so, my photo is in it.!!There were many celebs in the audience on various nights. Liza Minnelli was in the audience one night and came backstage after the show to meet us all. Annoyingly about a month before arriving in Paris the ballet dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov appeared ,and again went backstage to meet everyone. This was around the same time that he appeared in the film White Nights. Me and my friend saw that film 7 times !! But most impressive of all for me was when I was later on working in Japan. We all had been given the night off .The show we were dancing in had been cancelled as a block booking to the hotel where we lived and worked had cancelled at the last minute.[A lot of big hotels in Japan have their own built in theatre and put on shows nightly for guests.] Anyway, we were told that afternoon there was to be no show that night and we had just been paid our monthly salaries the day before. So we all headed off to Tokyo. After a day at Disneyland we went to the Hard Rock Cafe. And there was George Best. As someone brought up in the Old Trafford area of Manchester and being told by my dad from the youngest age possible about him,I idolised him. Long story short, Kevin Keegan ,Pat Crerand and Ruud Kroll were also there for Kick Aids. We all chatted with them all night, trying to teach them the Five Positions of The Feet [5 basic classical ballet steps]. It was hysterical, but they were all a good laugh. George had been knocking back white wines all night. His hands were all over me. I just wanted to talk about football ! Anyway George asked me if I wanted to go back to his hotel room and spend the weekend with him, "And i'll take you shopping and buy you anything you want". I declined his invitation. George looked rather put out and offended that I had rejected him. So Kevin Keegan was all over him trying to massage his ego saying, "She's a football fan George, they see you differently to other women". Anyway it got to around 4.30 in the morning and they were all heading off. George then said to me "Will you at least give an old man a goodnight kiss?" So I agreed. I snogged George Best. Floozy. Actually the experience was most unpleasant as he tasted of wine and I hate all alcohol. Plus his moustache was tickling my nose. I met him back in 1989, I think it was. I absolutely ****ing cried my eyes out when he died.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest