The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anon #2
Feeling really *****y and nothing is shifting it. Dreading uni starting again, really don't think I'm going to be able to cope mental health-wise.

Same here. :console: I start next monday. :frown:
I've been feeling really bad recently, my anxiety's got so bad I haven't left my bed in over 2 weeks, I've been having really bad panic attacks and I'm suffering from really bad depersonalisation and deralisation. My new psychiatrist says I'm not trying hard enough but I don't feel like I can do much more
Original post by Sabertooth
Same here. :console: I start next monday. :frown:

:eek: Best of luck with it all :hugs:
Original post by jb1702
I've been feeling really bad recently, my anxiety's got so bad I haven't left my bed in over 2 weeks, I've been having really bad panic attacks and I'm suffering from really bad depersonalisation and deralisation. My new psychiatrist says I'm not trying hard enough but I don't feel like I can do much more

I can imagine that's really tough! Does anything help calm you? I find that music can help my panic attacks a lot.
Try to think of it in smaller steps. Rather than going from 'bed' to 'normal', just try to change the routine by sitting in another room one day- or whatever is more manageable for you.
I really don't get my 'friends'. They all said they would be there for me, but haven't replied to my messages in days. I think there's only one person who reliably replies, and it's not even someone I'm very close to..
Sick of feeling this way. My life has been **** for a good number of years- my life is **** so I'm depressed, then I am depressed because my life is ****. Go on give me the old "Only you can change it" repertoire. I KNOW that, I have identified the areas of my life that I need to improve and I have come to the conclusion that I cannot change them, they are not quickly and satisfactorily attainable. I know that there is no quick fix-but depression is a vicious cycle and it has led me to become very nonchalant and apathetic about my outlook-you could say I am past caring.. And even then will I be happy once I have achieved that, if I achieve that? I could tell the doctor how I feel but I could til I'm blue in the face and they still wouldn't help me- I see them once every 6 months for Christ sake-then when I DID see them the other day all he said was "you will get a girlfriend and a job and friends in time" OK Einstien, you know that right? You can guarantee that, right? It's been 7 years since dropping out of university (due largely to mental health issues). My life has been in flux. I could count on one hand the people that care about me and even then it's largely due to my appalling childhood (and environmental factors) that I am like this-my parents are very much partly to blame. The doctor might have me sectioned. I've been there done that several times (psychosis, not depression any of the times). My life hasn't got any better. I don't even think I'm suicidal it just comes to a head and you get sick of living life when all it is is suffering. And I can justifiably blame people in my life for contributing to that misery-parents, siblings, school friends and so called mates. So I don't know anymore.
Hey I was wondering if you guys could help me since I'm new to ESA. I got accepted into the SG yesterday and got arrears backdated. I got my assessment rate payment on its usual day which was 8 days ago and I get paid fortnightly so would be due another payment in 6 days time. Will I still get that payment or will it I paid be on from a fortnight since the arrears money came in? Just thought I'd ask on here because I couldn't face calling up DWP today ask. Thanks guys :hugs:
Original post by Ezme39
I really don't get my 'friends'. They all said they would be there for me, but haven't replied to my messages in days. I think there's only one person who reliably replies, and it's not even someone I'm very close to..

i'm glad someone else has this problem :redface:
everyone talks the talk but no-one walks the walk :/
well some ppl do and they know who they are both on here and inrl but i mean in general

hope you are ok :hugs: x

~Anon 1
Original post by Spock's Socks
Hey I was wondering if you guys could help me since I'm new to ESA. I got accepted into the SG yesterday and got arrears backdated. I got my assessment rate payment on its usual day which was 8 days ago and I get paid fortnightly so would be due another payment in 6 days time. Will I still get that payment or will it I paid be on from a fortnight since the arrears money came in? Just thought I'd ask on here because I couldn't face calling up DWP today ask. Thanks guys :hugs:

I THINK it will be in 6 days but for the life of me i cant remember.

Only because the arrears payment isnt part of your ESA if that makes sense? Its an extra payment as your owed it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
first time in like a month I feel like things are moving in a positive direction tbh.

even a really positive one if things go as I hope.
so lonely and have a horrible feeling in my stomach like a lead weight
Original post by FireFreezer77
TW

Spoiler

feel free to PM me, I'mma make food and a cup of tea in an attempt to feel better, and also stroke my cats-but I'll reply eventually
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
i'm glad someone else has this problem :redface:
everyone talks the talk but no-one walks the walk :/
well some ppl do and they know who they are both on here and inrl but i mean in general

hope you are ok :hugs: x

~Anon 1

Yeah exactly :/ I feel like I can't place my trust in any of them any more.

Thanks, and you too x
Original post by Danny the Geezer
feel free to PM me, I'mma make food and a cup of tea in an attempt to feel better, and also stroke my cats-but I'll reply eventually

Thanks but I'll get some rest now I think.
Many thanks
Original post by jb1702

I've been there I know how difficult this is. But as the other poster says, she's a 100% right you have to do really small things like moving to a different room or maybe just getting up, whatever is manageable and you can return to your bed when you need to and gradually do more and more. Seems like climbing mountains I know how difficult it is but you can do it slowly. I would also suggest if you're not already in contact with your GP or receiving help then you should give them a call and tell them how you've been the past couple of weeks hopefully you'll be able to get some support in getting you better gradually :hugs:
FFS, I swear this house is haunted or there are people in here who are not supposed to be here. But I don't really believe in ghost and this is all very weird.
Considering moving my matress to my sisters room and sleeping with her. I need to get up early but can't fall asleep because this is all freaking me out. Maybe sleeping with her will help at least a little bit...
How long does Samaritans support take by email? I've had a really difficult evening and need support. I've never actually reached out like this before.
Original post by Ezme39
How long does Samaritans support take by email? I've had a really difficult evening and need support. I've never actually reached out like this before.

Their website suggests within 12 hours:

'We aim to respond to your email within 12 hours. How quickly we respond depends on how many volunteers we have working at that time.'

Hope you're okay :/
Original post by Deyesy
Their website suggests within 12 hours:

'We aim to respond to your email within 12 hours. How quickly we respond depends on how many volunteers we have working at that time.'

Hope you're okay :/

Thanks Deyesy. I'll see if I can sleep for a bit then
Original post by Ezme39
Thanks Deyesy. I'll see if I can sleep for a bit then

There is a text number that i *think* is a free number, give me a few mins and ill PM you, i think its a fairly instant response

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest