The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marioman
That will be the university updating their entry requirements for 2017 applicants.

Good job I'm a year early 😂
Tfw your dad is talking to you about uni finances and you have to act like you're actually going to the uni in question
Original post by usycool1
Do not mention the name of that wretched test on this thread. :afraid:

:tongue:*

Yeah, I applied to 3 BMAT Unis, got 9.0, 4.5, 2A and still got 4 pre-interview rejections :angry:

Better luck next time I suppose! (Although a couple from my school got into Imperial and Newcastle by ringing up on Reuslts Day with 2A*+). If pigs might fly, that might happen to me as well!
Original post by Serine Soul
Doesn't really help that Cambridge is bloody gorgeous does it?

I follow a twitter account that posts pics of the different colleges etc and I see them every time I scroll down my feed

It's like torture ;_;

Can so relate to this!!! My heart is set on Cambridge but I feel convinced I've missed my offer 😭
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
I'm (hopefully) starting law in September too - I'm guessing you are too from the gavel in your picture. :tongue: May I ask which uni you firmed? :smile:

UEA law?
Original post by josephinemar25
Can so relate to this!!! My heart is set on Cambridge but I feel convinced I've missed my offer 😭

Oh my goodness same😩😩 I was so shocked to get an offer, yet if I get the grades I got last year I'll be in clearing 😂 what college and what subject are you? If you don't mind me asking? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
This poll shows exactly how unrepresentative TSR is as a measure of the total population. Considering C is the average
Original post by emsybearboho
Oh my goodness same😩😩 I was so shocked to get an offer, yet if I get the grades I got last year I'll be in clearing 😂 what college and what subject are you? If you don't mind me asking? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chemical engineering at Fitzwilliam, I was likewise surprised to receive an offer. How about you?? 😄 Probably a silly question but do you think there is a any chance they would be lenient 😬

Honestly, I'll go mad if I don't meet my offer, literally all the work I've done for the past 2-3 years was to get there :cry2:

It's so beautiful though, so much of an upgrade from the miserable little town I live in.
Chemical engineering at Fitzwilliam, I was likewise surprised to receive an offer. How about you?? 😄 Probably a silly question but do you think there is a any chance they would be lenient 😬

English at Murray Edwards - :smile: I'm not sure - there's always one or two people that are lucky each year but it's so difficult to predict 😬 the best of luck to you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm genuinely hoping that my interview scores are high and my background is bad enough for them to let me in with A*AA :cry2:
But in reality, they over offer and expect people to miss them. It'll be so awful if I miss mine
Original post by emsybearboho
English at Murray Edwards - :smile: I'm not sure - there's always one or two people that are lucky each year but it's so difficult to predict 😬 the best of luck to you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes best of luck to you to. Will be glad when the waiting is all over and I know either way what the decision is 😅
Original post by Cadherin
Yeah, I applied to 3 BMAT Unis, got 9.0, 4.5, 2A and still got 4 pre-interview rejections :angry:

Better luck next time I suppose! (Although a couple from my school got into Imperial and Newcastle by ringing up on Reuslts Day with 2A*+). If pigs might fly, that might happen to me as well!

I'm sorry man :frown: I was actually in a very similar position to you in Year 13 - I too applied to 3 BMAT Uni's and got 4 pre-interview rejections (but I didn't get a 9 - congrats!). I reapplied and am happy at Imperial now though so I'm sure it'll end up working out for you.

I tried my luck at calling up Med Schools on results day but to no avail. Are you going to reapply next year?*
Original post by Serine Soul
I'm genuinely hoping that my interview scores are high and my background is bad enough for them to let me in with A*AA :cry2:
But in reality, they over offer and expect people to miss them. It'll be so awful if I miss mine

It has certainly been a very long slog getting to this stage!! I know me too, but I'm sure it will work out even if we do end up missing our offers. The fact is your insurance is most definetly a very good uni, so in the worst possible scenario you will still be in a great position even if our hearts are set on Cambridge at the moment. 😂
Original post by marcobruni98
This poll shows exactly how unrepresentative TSR is as a measure of the total population. Considering C is the average

Yeah, to be honest when I first came here two years ago I felt slightly depressed as loads of people seemed to be getting into Oxbridge and only scoring A*s. Even though I've noticed that in my school if you've got an A or two you're doing pretty well!

I guess it's a study related forum so the vast majority people who aren't passionate about academics wouldn't wander into here.
Original post by Medic_12345
Awesome, for medicine too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah !
Original post by Cadherin

Hey,I'm just curious as to which unis you applied to?
It's a weird feeling. Part of me is incredibly nervous, the other part wants it over with. Part is confident I got in, the other part doubts everything.

Why does results day have to torment my brain so much :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Vannzzoo
Anyone waiting on Edexcel C4, C3, D1 results, Bio F214 and F215 results and Chem F324 and F325 results. I don't know what to expect but I'm somewhat excited.

All of those maths modules! I found C3 the best, C4 was okay, D1 was... very weird and possibly the worst D1 exam TIME-wise. They put all the most time consuming things in this year!
Considering my high A at AS I think I will scrape an A overall lol
Original post by LPauling
Any Durham hopefuls here?

YES! Hopefully Chemistry at the college of St. Hild and St. Bede :smile: what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest