The Student Room Group

GCSE results day

Hi so I was wondering wha actually happens on results day?
Like I have a really ****in embrassing middle name that I've kept secret for years and if the envelopes are on the table for everyone to see I think I will die of embrassment if they seen my name.
Also do you have to open them in the hall, or can you do it elsewhere ?
What actually happens mine is on the 25th
Original post by S.Defc123
Hi so I was wondering wha actually happens on results day?
Like I have a really ****in embrassing middle name that I've kept secret for years and if the envelopes are on the table for everyone to see I think I will die of embrassment if they seen my name.
Also do you have to open them in the hall, or can you do it elsewhere ?
What actually happens mine is on the 25th

My GCSE results day was a few years ago now, and what happens on the day likely varies between schools. At mine though, we lined up outside the foyer, and were called up one by one to collect our envelopes. We went in and gave our names (first name and surname), and the assistant took our results out of the box and handed them to us. I'm pretty sure my middle name wasn't included on the envelope, and they didn't read it out or anything, so I don't think you need to worry about people finding out about your middle name.

You can open them wherever you like - at school, in the car, at home etc. Personally I took mine home and opened them in front of my parents so we'd all find out what they were together. Most people will be too busy freaking out about their own results to be concerned about yours anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest