The Student Room Group

ChemistryNerd13| My GCSE Journey

Scroll to see replies

Day 24

Bedroom tidy!!☺️👍🏻 organising files and printing out specifications! Just looking over work. Tomorrow, I'm organising my R.E file and organising notes in preparation for next year. Only 19 days to results day!!☺️. How's everybody else getting on? I think I'm going to ask to get this thread moved to 'Grow your grades'
Day 25

18 days until results day☺️I don't know whether I am dreading it or not?

I'm going to be honest. I procrastinated today and feel horrible for it. I went for a walk then organised notes. I need to get these flashcards done soon so I am aiming to get another topic done tomorrow.

A question I have always thought about is 'what is the best exam technique?'. I would like to know what other people do in exams.

1. Do you do the paper in order?
2. Do you answer easy questions first?
3. Do you answer hard questions first?
4. Do you look through the paper at the
start of the exam?
I was just wondering because I want to focus on getting a better exam technique to avoid running out of time and to prevent stress.

Progress is slow.. I know but I sort of have to wait to results until I am definite of what I need to work on. My school report came through and will include details of it in the original post☺️

Hope everybody else is doing well!😊
Original post by chemistrynerd13
Day 25

18 days until results day☺️I don't know whether I am dreading it or not?

I'm going to be honest. I procrastinated today and feel horrible for it. I went for a walk then organised notes. I need to get these flashcards done soon so I am aiming to get another topic done tomorrow.

A question I have always thought about is 'what is the best exam technique?'. I would like to know what other people do in exams.

1. Do you do the paper in order?
2. Do you answer easy questions first?
3. Do you answer hard questions first?
4. Do you look through the paper at the
start of the exam?
I was just wondering because I want to focus on getting a better exam technique to avoid running out of time and to prevent stress.

Progress is slow.. I know but I sort of have to wait to results until I am definite of what I need to work on. My school report came through and will include details of it in the original post☺️

Hope everybody else is doing well!😊

Typically. I may do the essay-type questions first, so I'm not rushing to finish them at the end.

I answer all questions I can answer first, then I go back to do the ones that need extra thought. If I feel I'm spending too long on a question, I just go to the next one, circle it, and come back to it at the end.

^^^^^

Yes. :smile:

Congrats on getting an A* in your IT mock! :biggrin: (idk if it was there before, congrats anyway :P)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by _gcx

Typically. I may do the essay-type questions first, so I'm not rushing to finish them at the end.

I answer all questions I can answer first, then I go back to do the ones that need extra thought. If I feel I'm spending too long on a question, I just go to the next one, circle it, and come back to it at the end.

^^^^^

Yes. :smile:

Congrats on getting an A* in your IT mock! :biggrin: (idk if it was there before, congrats anyway :P)

Thank you very much. Yes I am very pleased with ICT. just need to maintain that standard!😊.
Day 26

Can't believe I've nearly been doing this blog for a month.😊 Today I actually had a productive day (for once) it took a bit of motivation but eventually got stuff done. I finished a biology topic: Nutrition and Health. I made the flashcards and did the textbook questions, it is easier to understand than other topics.😊. I also made a YouTube video.. I made it on flashcards, it was my first YouTube video and I made it based on revision, exams and results. Here's a link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsdhLM7YH_Q
Hope everybody's having a great summer. I intend to possibly do another biology topic but definitely organise notes for next year.☺️ Update tomorrow.
Day 26

Can't believe I've nearly been doing this blog for a month.😊 Today I actually had a productive day (for once) it took a bit of motivation but eventually got stuff done. I finished a biology topic: Nutrition and Health. I made the flashcards and did the textbook questions, it is easier to understand than other topics.😊. I also made a YouTube video.. I made it on flashcards, it was my first YouTube video and I made it based on revision, exams and results. Here's a link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsdhLM7YH_Q
Hope everybody's having a great summer. I intend to possibly do another biology topic but definitely organise notes for next year.☺️ Update tomorrow.

Nice video! Too bad revision cards don't help me much :frown:
Original post by _gcx
Nice video! Too bad revision cards don't help me much :frown:

I'm going to hopefully do much more including past papers, mindmaps and then other general advice for exams etc. Thanks for watching.😊
Day 27 and 28

Sorry for not updating yesterday!😐. Yesterday I wasn't up to much... Just procrastinating and contemplating life before results😂. But today, I was more productive. I had planned my day so I felt more prepared. I was organising everything today and then decided to do my revision card notes on Enzymes and Nutrition before I went to the cinema. Tomorrow, I don't even know what I'm going to do??😂☺️ Maybe another topic if nothing else is planned👍🏻If I do another topic, it will be respiration. Talk to you guys tomorrow☺️
Day 29 and 30
I'm actually just going to sum up these days. I made the practise questions for enzymes and digestion and nutrition and health. I will have them completed soon. This may seem unproductive to many but if I need to resit this exam, any summer work will be of great help. Hopefully, I won't have to resit though🙁🙁.

How are other people making progress?
Day 29 and 30
I'm actually just going to sum up these days. I made the practise questions for enzymes and digestion and nutrition and health. I will have them completed soon. This may seem unproductive to many but if I need to resit this exam, any summer work will be of great help. Hopefully, I won't have to resit though🙁🙁.

How are other people making progress?

Zilch, I've been doing nothing the past few days, although I am looking at some C2 (Maths C2, not Chemistry C2), atm. My lack of progress will probably worsen since I'm off on holiday to Ireland on Monday! :biggrin: I plan on scanning through the specifications and filling in gaps in my notes, so that'll be fun. I also need to confirm that my teacher has covered everything, and hasn't missed anything.
One question -
Why double science?
Original post by _gcx
Zilch, I've been doing nothing the past few days, although I am looking at some C2 (Maths C2, not Chemistry C2), atm. My lack of progress will probably worsen since I'm off on holiday to Ireland on Monday! :biggrin: I plan on scanning through the specifications and filling in gaps in my notes, so that'll be fun. I also need to confirm that my teacher has covered everything, and hasn't missed anything.

Omg your coming to Ireland YAAAY! Have a great time. If I'm not posting anything it's because I have been making no progress. 😂😂lol. Probs not a lot of progress until results day
Original post by nwmyname
One question -
Why double science?

Because my school doesn't offer triple science😰.
Day 31 and 32

I feel so bad that I can't put a lot of stuff into my updates😁. But I'll still keep you informed on what has been happening. I think I will have to re- evaluate my targets from the original post once I get my results. However, I guess it is still good to aim high in some ways. I have to put revision on hold to be honest because I don't know whether I have to resit biology in November or not?. Despite this confusion, I am still making the flashcards and made questions on enzymes and nutrition. These questions will be completed tomorrow. I hope everybody is.really enjoying the holidays and thanks to everybody who has been commenting on this blog☺️
Good luck to everybody getting their AS and A2 results tomorrow. Hope you all get the results you need☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to do my final update for a long time. Due to pressure and target re-evaluation, I considered stopping this thread completely. However, I soon realised that this is pointless. I therefore decided to update on my mock exams and then next summer, I will talk about exam techniques then post my results.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BELOW

I am uploading a 'My GCSE Results video' next Thursday to YouTube and will post a link to it. This will most likely be my last post for a very long time. Thank you very much for reading this and will talk to you in my next update
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to do my final update for a long time. Due to pressure and target re-evaluation, I considered stopping this thread completely. However, I soon realised that this is pointless. I therefore decided to update on my mock exams and then next summer, I will talk about exam techniques then post my results.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BELOW

I am uploading a 'My GCSE Results video' next Thursday to YouTube and will post a link to it. This will most likely be my last post for a very long time. Thank you very much for reading this and will talk to you in my next update

I guess I will be the only one actively updating my journey! Good luck with your results! :smile:
Original post by _gcx
I guess I will be the only one actively updating my journey! Good luck with your results! :smile:

I'll put a link to your journey in the original post

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got my results

4 A*s
2 As
1 B

The B was in Maths and that was the best I could get.

A*s in Further Maths, Business Studies, English Language and Geography
As in Biology and ICT

I was 1 mark of an A* in biology which I am getting remarked. Yay so if that doesn't go to an A*, I resit in November.
Just got my results

4 A*s
2 As
1 B

The B was in Maths and that was the best I could get.

A*s in Further Maths, Business Studies, English Language and Geography
As in Biology and ICT

I was 1 mark of an A* in biology which I am getting remarked. Yay so if that doesn't go to an A*, I resit in November.

That's awesome, well done dude! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest