The Student Room Group

Books for Primary PGCE

Hi there,
I have already done a year on a Primary PGCE course, but unfortunately I didn't pass my second placement, so I'm having to repeat my placement in September.
I'm desperate to read some books during the holidays which might help me improve before September, but with so many out there I'm not sure which ones are best. Can anyone recommend some decent books, particularly on behaviour management or assessment. I also don't have that much money, so if anyone could point to a cheap website I would appreciate it. Thank You :smile:
Reply 1
I've just had my Scitt pre course day and they gave us two book in our welcome pack which are also our core texts
Getting the buggers to behave
7 Ts of differentiation

These are essential reading in behaviour management and in lesson planning. Both books by Sue Crowley and very easy and honest reads. Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by Macyazz
I've just had my Scitt pre course day and they gave us two book in our welcome pack which are also our core texts
Getting the buggers to behave
7 Ts of differentiation

These are essential reading in behaviour management and in lesson planning. Both books by Sue Crowley and very easy and honest reads. Hope this helps.

Thank You. I haven't heard of the 7 Ts for differentiation, so I may have a look at that but I have tried to read getting the buggers to behave and honestly I thought it wasn't all that good.
I don't know if you have read it yet but the tips they were giving seemed really obvious and the examples were really far fetched as well.
Reply 3
I haven't read getting the buggers to behave but I have read the 7 Ts of differentiation and whilst some bits are obvious there are great tips on how to plan for the bottom middle and top sets of the class without killing yourself and learning to plan by doing some simple tasks so this I did find useful. It's a very thin book but a very good reference guide.
Reply 4
It's weird that the school gave these to us and come highly recommended but I am finding out from so many teachers that hands on experience beats books but I suppose this is based on how good your mentor is. Mine has not impressed me so far!
So I'm doing lots of stuff on my own and asking others in the school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending