The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2016 - Discussion

Scroll to see replies

I got:
Advanced Higher chem - A
Advanced higher bio - B
Advanced higher stats - B

I'm pretty happy with my results and I have an uncon anyway but I'm a bit bummed about the B in bio as I expected an A and thought the exam was fine! How did everyone else do?
Original post by Charlotte B
AH bio C
AH chem C
H H&FT B
H maths F

Need CCC in bio, maths and chem so the wait begins for UCAS to open to see if I'm going to uni or not!

Good luck - let us know what happens.
Original post by ___Sophie___
6 A's and 3 B's hahaha my parents are going to kill me! :frown: and a B in admin wtf. Oh well it will do...

Lol wtf, can you not be happy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xecond
Unfortunately my results are more poor than I expected.

Higher Chemistry-B
Higher English--A
Higher Maths-B
Higher Physics-B
Higher Computing A

I'm looking for any tips or next steps I should take as these results do not meet the entry requirements of my preferred university course(software engineering).

How far were you off the grades? Wait and see how the uni responds - Track should be open now. Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dionnem
I got:
Advanced Higher chem - A
Advanced higher bio - B
Advanced higher stats - B

I'm pretty happy with my results and I have an uncon anyway but I'm a bit bummed about the B in bio as I expected an A and thought the exam was fine! How did everyone else do?

However you look at it those are still great results so don't beat yourself up over a tiny number of marks. What are you studying next year?
Reply 105
Original post by Treen98
Nope do it once and that's you signed up for the duration so you don't have to do it again

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! I know vet is extremely competitive so you should be proud of yourself!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 106
Original post by xecond
Unfortunately my results are more poor than I expected.

Higher Chemistry-B
Higher English--A
Higher Maths-B
Higher Physics-B
Higher Computing A

I'm looking for any tips or next steps I should take as these results do not meet the entry requirements of my preferred university course(software engineering).

Ok, I'm able to help as I'm going to do comp sci at Edinburgh Uni. Have you already applied for uni and got a conditional offer or do you plan to stay in 6th year? If you plan to stay in 6th year then there's no need to worry as the additional subjects you take will be part of a conditional offer that a uni would give you. I've saw people get into software engineering with they grades, so don't be disheartened at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 107
Original post by JP298
Ok, I'm able to help as I'm going to do comp sci at Edinburgh Uni. Have you already applied for uni and got a conditional offer or do you plan to stay in 6th year? If you plan to stay in 6th year then there's no need to worry as the additional subjects you take will be part of a conditional offer that a uni would give you. I've saw people get into software engineering with they grades, so don't be disheartened at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still have a year left so I can still meet it but it's really disheartening when you worked hard and still didn't manage to achieve the grades you want.
I got my uni conditions (AA at advanced higher) but I've logged onto UCAS and my firm says conditional offer (firmly accepted). Do I need to phone the uni to check what's going on? I'm a bit confused
Original post by optimystic
I got my uni conditions (AA at advanced higher) but I've logged onto UCAS and my firm says conditional offer (firmly accepted). Do I need to phone the uni to check what's going on? I'm a bit confused

Yes ring them up.

There might be a mix up with your results (or if their a non scottish uni they might not have realised your results are in)

results day flowchart

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PQ
Yes ring them up.

There might be a mix up with your results (or if their a non scottish uni they might not have realised your results are in)

Thank you! Yeah they're not a Scottish uni so that might be it
Anyone else getting lower than expected in Higher Chemisty and Physics? My whole class seems to have gone down a grade and we're all really confused 😩
Original post by mysqa
Speak to your school, they may let you go for Advanced with a B.

Trying to do anything through my school is like trying to lead a horse to water and make it drink. Plus my school are liekly to not deal with me as there was a fiasco at the beginning of the year as I had to miss nearly a whole term due to medical problems.
Original post by The Learn Ranger
However you look at it those are still great results so don't beat yourself up over a tiny number of marks. What are you studying next year?

I'm studying anatomy and science :smile: thanks!
Reply 114
Original post by optimystic

If up are going to an English university then u may not get an update on UCAS till next week once the English results are out as that's what happened to me last year so another wait...lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow - do you want to go into the medical area?
Where are you going to study?
Reply 116
HI, when do all the statistics from the SQA come out. I.e. Grade boundaries, averages etc.? thanks
Original post by Stair56
HI, when do all the statistics from the SQA come out. I.e. Grade boundaries, averages etc.? thanks

@mysqa please can you let us know :smile:
Original post by Stair56

They'll be out later today - keep your eye on the SQA website.
Original post by The Learn Ranger
Wow - do you want to go into the medical area?
Where are you going to study?

Yeah, I wanted to study med this year but I didn't get in after interview so decided to do this instead 😊 I'm going to Glasgow University so I'm v excited!

Quick Reply

Latest