The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

I'm just expecting to see a D in D1 (edexcel). While I feel like I did all my methods right, my numbers were wayy off to what others had done lmao. If C3 is an A* and C4 a B, I should still scrape an A though

Then I'll need A*A* in Bio and Chem to get to firm :cry2:
Quick question. If i sat a retake and got lower than i did in year 12, does the higher mark stay?

I originally got a B but i butchered the retake lol
Original post by lucabrasi98
Quick question. If i sat a retake and got lower than i did in year 12, does the higher mark stay?

I originally got a B but i butchered the retake lol

Yeah the higher mark is whats counted towards your overall grade.
This is how I'm passing the time!
Watching too many episodes of trashy reality tv shows/ Netflix/ making copious amounts of tea/ looking into volunteering opportunities but not actually doing them (I know, so bad)/ retreating to my bedroom, earphones in, listening to depressing music in preparation for failure and then the same for success (because I'll have to do the UKCAT again!)

I hate this part of life.
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
I feel lucky that i am an AS student. It's sad to know that any other year you could have achieved an A* in Maths (If you get an A on results day) . On the bright side you insinuated that an A is enough to secure a place on your course at uni. 👏👏 Coming to think of it, what is your firm and insurance choice and what course do you want to study?

My firm is Kent (need AAA) and my insurance is Nottingham (need ABB) to do psychology so it really isn't the end of the world if I don't get an A* ahaha
Original post by Lularose83
Everything depends on these results. I don't even know whether or not to start UKCAT practice but there's a pretty high chance I won't get AAA 😭 It's the coursework that's pulls my grades down, always.

Are you A2? Cuz I'm in AS and I was worried about failing this year so didn't want to start UKCAT practice but I met some people who were ex - students at my college and they told me to go for it because if I ask the college to make my predicted grade whatever I want, they'll do so lmao.

Did you not get any offers this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reading this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-37009240

My favourite Olympic picture so far

Original post by chloeabeki
YES! Hopefully Chemistry at the college of St. Hild and St. Bede :smile: what about you?

Chemistry at Hild Bede too :smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by nomophobia
Are you A2? Cuz I'm in AS and I was worried about failing this year so didn't want to start UKCAT practice but I met some people who were ex - students at my college and they told me to go for it because if I ask the college to make my predicted grade whatever I want, they'll do so lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least make sure you've booked a date for the UKCAT - places can go quickly!
Reading about SQA results day makes me even more desperate for A level results day to arrive quickly. I'm hoping the next week will pass by really quickly!
Everyone with SQA results are doing so well...as I'm going to Scottish unis it's making me terrified now that clearing will go quickly etc etc :facepalm:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CaitlinN15
Everyone with SQA results are doing so well...as I'm going to Scottish unis it's making me terrified now that clearing will go quickly etc etc :facepalm:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Clearing places for scottish students at scottish universities are a LOT more restricted than clearing places for RUK students at scottish universities. Because their fees are subsidised heavily by the scottish government the places are severely restricted for scottish students (but not for students from England/Wales/NI where the fees cover most of the costs)
Original post by CaitlinN15
Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha! Every man and woman for themselves eh... :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I'm a2! I decided to take a gap year as I only got 640 in the UKCAT last year. I (regrettably) didn't apply last year!
Original post by usycool1
At least make sure you've booked a date for the UKCAT - places can go quickly!

I have, I wish someone told me earlier because I already made the mistake so I had to book it on a date when I have a training day, but better than nothing. Thanks tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I'm a2! I decided to take a gap year as I only got 640 in the UKCAT last year. I (regrettably) didn't apply last year!

Really?? Oh, but I thought a low UKCAT score wasn't the be all and end all and you could apply to non UKCAT heavy unis or BMAT ones. I'm not feeling very optimistic anymore but good luck with your results and your UKCAT and here's hoping you'll get in this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really?? Oh, but I thought a low UKCAT score wasn't the be all and end all and you could apply to non UKCAT heavy unis or BMAT ones. I'm not feeling very optimistic anymore but good luck with your results and your UKCAT and here's hoping you'll get in this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it just knocked my confidence unfortunately :frown: I know two people in my year who got lower UKCAT scores but both got into medicine so please feel more optimistic! Thank you so much, best of luck as well! Are you applying this year? If so, I hope you get in as well :smile:
I think it just knocked my confidence unfortunately :frown: I know two people in my year who got lower UKCAT scores but both got into medicine so please feel more optimistic! Thank you so much, best of luck as well! Are you applying this year? If so, I hope you get in as well :smile:

:frown: Aww that's such a shame, hopefully you'll get a much better UKCAT score this year. Oooh, that's good but I'm still not sure how to feel, I was reading about someone else on this thread who got a 9 on his BMAT and still got rejected by all 4 uni's :cri: Thank you! Yeah I am, if all goes according to plan and thank you again!

How's preparing for the UKCAT going so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
:frown: Aww that's such a shame, hopefully you'll get a much better UKCAT score this year. Oooh, that's good but I'm still not sure how to feel, I was reading about someone else on this thread who got a 9 on his BMAT and still got rejected by all 4 uni's :cri: Thank you! Yeah I am, if all goes according to plan and thank you again!

How's preparing for the UKCAT going so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe they got lower on the other sections? I'm definitely not doing the bmat as my maths is horrific! I haven't even started to prepare yet- I literally can't even open the practise books until I know I have AAA :frown: which I'm not too confident about tbh!
Maybe they got lower on the other sections? I'm definitely not doing the bmat as my maths is horrific! I haven't even started to prepare yet- I literally can't even open the practise books until I know I have AAA :frown: which I'm not too confident about tbh!

Lol what about the QR section on the UKCAT? Fair enough, I see where you're coming from, have you booked a place though and if so, when? I'm struggling the most with the AR section, those shapes can go to hell for all I care :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest