The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2016 - Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by mysqa
They'll be out later today - keep your eye on the SQA website.

thanks
I got AABB compared to AAAC in the prelims. Is this better or worse for university applications? :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dionnem
Yeah, I wanted to study med this year but I didn't get in after interview so decided to do this instead 😊 I'm going to Glasgow University so I'm v excited!

Sounds like a really good plan - now you can start looking forward to life at uni!
So I'm looking at UCAS points for Scottish highers, why is an A worth only 33 UCAS points now? They used to be worth 80 for 2016 entry?
Original post by Shadow Hunters
I got AABB compared to AAAC in the prelims. Is this better or worse for university applications? :s-smilie:

It depends on what you got your A's and B's in. It will also depend on what Uni you are applying to. Why don't you give the universities a call today and they can advise you.If you are interested in our courses give us a call on 0131-322-3222.Cheers,Keir
Got my results and feel a bit shocked. I got 4 A's in maths, biology, geog and music as expected but a C in English, which was not expected. I found the English hard but I normally always get A's and I'm so angry because I worked very hard for English. Did anyone else find it hard?
So I'm looking at UCAS points for Scottish highers, why is an A worth only 33 UCAS points now? They used to be worth 80 for 2016 entry?

Don't worry, the UCAS tariff points have all changed but the Universities know this so you are no worse off. Its just UCAS have changed the way they count grades.

Cheers,
Keir :smile:
This thread is so quiet compared to last year where there was 30 pages 2 days before.
Original post by Heriot-Watt University
It depends on what you got your A's and B's in. It will also depend on what Uni you are applying to. Why don't you give the universities a call today and they can advise you.If you are interested in our courses give us a call on 0131-322-3222.Cheers,Keir

Thanks for your reply! A's are in English and RMPS and B's are in modern studies and history. Kinda disappointed since I want to study politics and in the prelim I got a much better grade for modern studies but it depends on the questions in the exam I suppose. :frown: And I have looked at your courses since I live close by! :smile: And I imagine I will spend a lot of time on hold today if I call considering many people might not have met their conditions and may be panicking. :redface:

And I see because there is a bursary I can get but I need 275 UCAS points ( well I did for 2016 entry ) so I was unsure if that would change along with the UCAS points changes and if everyone knew. :smile:
Original post by ___Sophie___

Isn't that for last year?
Original post by ___Sophie___

All I see is the 2015 stuff. And if you go to statistics there is only an attainment excel file.
Reply 132
Original post by xecond
I still have a year left so I can still meet it but it's really disheartening when you worked hard and still didn't manage to achieve the grades you want.

Yes, it will be disheartening. As with everything in life, you need to look at the bright side. I know this may be hard for you to do now, but it will become easier. You got 2A's and 3 B's. You are staying another year, so you can take a mixture of 3/4 Highers/Advanced highers. If you achieve good grades in them, you WILL get into uni. I give you my word. Now, the next step is to see what Uni's you are interested in and I can advise and help you get into them, whether that be through your personal statement, work experience or what subjects to take. So either quote me or give me a PM and I will help you pull through this.
I really want to see the grade boundaries but i can't find them anywhere have they even been released??
Original post by Bethpettigrew1
I really want to see the grade boundaries but i can't find them anywhere have they even been released??

Not yet.
Thanks for your reply! A's are in English and RMPS and B's are in modern studies and history. Kinda disappointed since I want to study politics and in the prelim I got a much better grade for modern studies but it depends on the questions in the exam I suppose. :frown: And I have looked at your courses since I live close by! :smile: And I imagine I will spend a lot of time on hold today if I call considering many people might not have met their conditions and may be panicking. :redface:

And I see because there is a bursary I can get but I need 275 UCAS points ( well I did for 2016 entry ) so I was unsure if that would change along with the UCAS points changes and if everyone knew. :smile:

The bursary will change their boundaries I am pretty sure. You may be on hold today but I know my colleagues from other universities have plenty people to help you. Your exam results aren't too bad but best to speak with the Universities who do politics to get the best advice.

Good luck with your application.
Cheers,
Keir :smile:
image.png
Grade boundaries (for Higher) here
Original post by rebeccas23
image.png
Grade boundaries (for Higher) here

Link? Thanks.
Can someone send the national 5 boundaries??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending