The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics B Modular.

Is anyone else really worried about their Edexcel GCSE Mathematics B Modular Exams? I thought papers 1 and 2 were really good but screwed up paper 3.
Original post by dp00
Is anyone else really worried about their Edexcel GCSE Mathematics B Modular Exams? I thought papers 1 and 2 were really good but screwed up paper 3.

I think I did Maths A Edexcel, but all the same, don't worry!! They all are combined so if you've done really well in 2/3 then there shouldn't be anything to worry about. What do you need to get into college? And are you planning on taking this subject further? :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
I think I did Maths A Edexcel, but all the same, don't worry!! They all are combined so if you've done really well in 2/3 then there shouldn't be anything to worry about. What do you need to get into college? And are you planning on taking this subject further? :smile:
hi there!! Yeah i am taking maths for a level!! There is no requirement as far as I know (my school has a sixth form)!!
Original post by dp00
hi there!! Yeah i am taking maths for a level!! There is no requirement as far as I know (my school has a sixth form)!!

Hi! Ah well then, even if you feel you've done a little less than you thought (even though that may not be the case) you have already got into sixth form. The best thing you can do now is start focusing on your A-level maths, and getting the best possible grade. So use the experience of GCSE and make it a learning curve. Maybe, within the next few weeks, take a look at the stuff you will cover over the next few years and get your head around the more complicated ones, so that it doesn't hold you back next year :smile:

(Saying all this, although I bet you've done really well at GCSE - let me know how you get on, as I'll be getting my results on the same day too :biggrin:)
Hi! Ah well then, even if you feel you've done a little less than you thought (even though that may not be the case) you have already got into sixth form. The best thing you can do now is start focusing on your A-level maths, and getting the best possible grade. So use the experience of GCSE and make it a learning curve. Maybe, within the next few weeks, take a look at the stuff you will cover over the next few years and get your head around the more complicated ones, so that it doesn't hold you back next year :smile:

(Saying all this, although I bet you've done really well at GCSE - let me know how you get on, as I'll be getting my results on the same day too :biggrin:)
thats really kind of you!! Ill be sure to message you on results day!! How did ufond mathematics A?
Original post by dp00
thats really kind of you!! Ill be sure to message you on results day!! How did ufond mathematics A?

No problem! I look forward to hearing from you! :smile:

I found them quite good, and our teacher went through a copy of the paper after and I think I've got around what I wanted so that's promising - and like you, I want to take it further as well. It's just the other subjects I'm worried about :biggrin:
No problem! I look forward to hearing from you! :smile:

I found them quite good, and our teacher went through a copy of the paper after and I think I've got around what I wanted so that's promising - and like you, I want to take it further as well. It's just the other subjects I'm worried about :biggrin:
not gonna lie i was so confident and cocky leading up to my maths exams! I just hope that i dont fall flat on my face!! They were harder than i anticipated!!
Original post by dp00
not gonna lie i was so confident and cocky leading up to my maths exams! I just hope that i dont fall flat on my face!! They were harder than i anticipated!!

That doesn't matter - and I'm sure you weren't the only one. You won't fall flat on your face, plus, what's done is done, and like I said before, you can only really start to focus on the next two years, as they'll undoubtedly be a bigger step up :smile:

Sometimes, when you think you've done badly, it means you've done better than you think :smile:
That doesn't matter - and I'm sure you weren't the only one. You won't fall flat on your face, plus, what's done is done, and like I said before, you can only really start to focus on the next two years, as they'll undoubtedly be a bigger step up :smile:

Sometimes, when you think you've done badly, it means you've done better than you think :smile:
thats very reassuring!! Ill be sure to come crying when I get my maths reuslt :frown:
Original post by dp00
thats very reassuring!! Ill be sure to come crying when I get my maths reuslt :frown:

Don't cry!! Be positive - you'll have done really well! :smile:
I did Modular B as well. Unit 1 was a very nice paper. Unit 2 was okay, but I'd say difficult to achieve A*, easy to get an A. But with Unit 3, the questions were worded very badly and especially when it said to compare interests rates. I think the Unit 3 grade boundries will be low since also, it is worth the highest percentage of the GCSE.
Original post by dp00

Quick Reply

Latest